It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

She spoke of light beings and in my mind the visuals I got from her descriptions were more like biblical accounts of angels. What I really liked was the fact that they caught images on film - I also found the technical analysis of the phenomena really interesting.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Circular vacant space, encircled, does that leave a way out? Maybe by spiraling! I like the use of the word Penai-al, linking the light of the countenance of god to the penial glad. I also will add that biblically Daniel met God in the land of Piniel.

I didnt know the bible stated Daniel met God in the land of Piniel. It has been said the third eye ( Pineal ) is a direct doorway to your subconscious mind - which in many ways really is another dimension ( of thought ) . Ancient Egyptians studied this gland and understood its pararnormal power which is represented by the headdress with the cobra snake protruding from the forehead which exemplifies this symbology.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
so, I was really loving this thread until about page 25 or so, when it really went off on a wild tangent. And I love speculation as much as the next person, but I think Skyfloating was really onto something with the start of that post, and getting out into the murky waters of speculation seemed to divert this thread off of that.
Much of what is contained in this thread (at least until it got into channeled material and the like,) are things which I have researched extensively from a number of angles. In fact, I think I had a bit of a U2U chat about that with Skyfloating once upon a time. lol Now, I'm working on a book about this, so I don't precisely want to give away everything I've concluded...But I do want to share some of the paths I have taken, and see what talk that might spark.
To begin, about the Rainbow Serpents...I think there are two things to keep in mind when looking at ANY "mythology." One, as Skyfloating points out, there are certainly verifiable facts contained in these mythologies. (The Bible is another prime example of this.) At the same time, there is something else to consider...most mythologies began as oral traditions. The most useful, historically, are those like the aboriginal and hebrew traditions, where there was strict enforcement concerning accuracy. BUT...as oral traditions, they are not designed to be precise accounts of history. That sort of thinking and that sort of content does not lend itself to oral tradition. The human mind does not work that way. What DOES work is turning knowledge, be it historical facts, science, mathematics, what have you, into stories that can either teach the concepts to all or preserve them to the initiated through symbols.
So then, what of serpents and rainbow serpents? Well, first off, I would conclude that the rainbow aspect is probably something attached to the serpent concept as a tool for story-telling and visualization. Correct me if I am wrong, but the nature of the landscape in many areas lends itself to rainbows around water, does it not? I believe I have read so, though I have not had the pleasure of verifying this for myself. If this is the case, rainbows would then be vital to survival, as they would mark out a water hole. Esp so for "rainbow serpents," ie, prismatic reflections low to the ground near water, that would seem to dance along the horizon. This, I would imagine, is probably pretty close to the standard interpretation.
However...as Skyfloating brings up, serpents are EVERYWHERE in ancient history/mythology/prehistory. So much so that, with no other analysis even, its pretty hard to write it off as coincidence. So, it comes down to...what's the deal with these serpents?
This is getting a bit wordy, so Im going to try to pare it down a bit here...after all, this is a large portion of a book Im trying to make into a post, but....I have taken an approach that begins with symbology. What has the serpent represented throughout time and cultures? Change. Wisdom..usually secret or forbidden wisdom. A staff of power, in the form of the caduceus and the nehushtan. Water/life, the tree of life. The cross. And so on.
Seeming quite mundane, so far? Don't worry, it's not. To stick with the aspect carried through this thread, that of ancient interaction with non-native beings, the serpent is often a symbol intertwined with stories of secret knowledge from various "gods" and god-like beings. In most mythologies, the serpent is in fact synonymous with such knowledge, even where it is not blatantly so. The "problem," if you will, comes with trying to pin down both what this knowledge is, and who shared it. This is where my conclusions begin to diverge from this thread a bit.
First, we need to discard preconceptions and look at the evidence with an unfiltered perspective. Im not going to list evidence in this post; we can dig into that later, should anyone be interested. But the particular preconceptions that I believe are leading to the academic dead-end into understanding "prehistory" are first the preconceptions we often carry about origins; I am of the opinion that we should believe truth, no dogma, nor speculation. As such, I have set aside any religious beliefs, and critically examined the "science" of evolution. In particular importance to the topic of prehistory, in this case, that touches on both religion and evolution, is the timelines that have been set for events. Even in history, there are a number of gaps that are set up to fit preconceived notions of when various things occurred. Part of my book addresses this, and attempts to use correlating facts between cultures and unbiased dating to bring history into a more streamlined and coherent tale. That is still an ongoing process, I might add. In the end, though, what it brings us to is something that might not be so startling to those of us in this thread, but very startling to many others, I think.
At this point, my preliminary conclusions are that, some time shortly preceding the rise of historical civilizations, a SERIES of calamities occurred. One in the range of 3500 BC, and one in the range of 8000-10000 BC. As I said, I am still deep in the process of pinning these things down. The earlier calamity, coinciding with the short ice age, (yes, I am aware of the conventional dating for that event
) was the fall and nearly complete destruction of a world that was highly advanced, but NOT in the way we think of advancement. Without getting into that, there are other roads to advancement that do not entail machinery and synthetics, as we are just now beginning to understand. Secondly, I have found much reason to believe that there were drastic changes in the very physics of life on earth at that time, resulting in changes in gravity, electromagnetics, and atmosphere. (This, in fact, has led me on a trail of what might be the first inkling of a GUT, as well.) This catastrophe would also account for a number of significant discrepancies between mythology and scientific dating. (Think man and dinosaurs together, for one.)
After this event, I think we have the first "gods" and the rise of the serpents. In a matter of a few generations, all memory of the previous level of advancement have become folklore and oral traditions being passed down by those who cannot comprehend the things which they are trying to impart. Isolated groups, though, would likely have maintained a greater level of knowledge. Can you see where I am going? (cont...)

[edit on 12/6/2008 by saturnine_sweet]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
These isolated, more advanced groups would most like try to remain separate from the other groups, as those who have lost civilization, if you will, would be given to becoming nomadic tribes ruled by various violent systems. So why did they not come to rule the world again?
I think they tried to. As the "gods" who came to the lesser people, imparting knowledge, prohibitions, and rules. Then why did they fail? Serpents.
How so? Just as with Eve in Eden, there are a number of mythologies pointing to previously forbidden knowledge being shared with these lesser people, knowledge that compromised the safety of the "gods." Be it arrogance or something physiological, these "gods" never seemed to gain the numbers to take over the earth once more. Instead, mythology suggests that they interacted with lesser humans, if you will, to a point that led to chaos, and to the second, lesser calamity. (often termed a flood, though I have suspicions that such floods were side-effects.) Following this second calamity, it appears that the "gods" that remained took two paths. One, the separatists path, and eventually being overwhelmed by the others, who went out amongst the lesser people and became the "god-kings." And here we have what I believe to be the base conflict that remains to this very day.
On one side, the god-kings gain great power and kingdoms, as the other, separatist groups fade from view. But a new sort of serpent pops up here. The positive aspect of the serpent of knowledge and life, the secret priesthoods that begin to gain power in a number of these early civilizations, a power running counter to that of the god-kings.
I think I will leave it at that, for now. Obviously, I didnt give source and such, as most would bitch an moan about, (I, too, have abandoned the ancient history forum for a reason,) but I think most of you on this thread have shown a base knowledge great enough to know most of the salient points from which I have built that conclusion, anyways. Also, to be honest, most of my material is from books, not the internet, so I don't have handy links. lol
In any case, I hope this added something to the thread and might spark further discussion on the factual aspects of what these mythologies suggest about our prehistory.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I had to post this because I have researched a lot of the worlds serpent myths. They are all extremely similar, and in no way does this mean that alien astronauts came the world over giving us technology or terraforming or whatever.

The serpent is a symbol, a spiritual and religious one in any religion thats not patriarchal. The concepts behind it are many, but it alludes to the creative and destructive energies of the Universe.

I'm afraid your theory conflicts with mine, and since I'm clearly right (joke), I have to refute yours. My hypothesis is about how and why the mind and psychology have created the same images the world over. It doesn't require a source like Atlantis or Aliens.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trojan_libido

The serpent is a symbol, a spiritual and religious one in any religion thats not patriarchal. The concepts behind it are many, but it alludes to the creative and destructive energies of the Universe.

My hypothesis is about how and why the mind and psychology have created the same images the world over.

I would like to hear more about your hypothesis if you would like to share it.

It's all good, some is just better than others!

The more ideas we accumulate the better equiped our personal data banks are for making our own "educated" analysis.

IA

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Firstly, theres a possible explanation regarding comets and meteors. These could easily be seen as chariots of heavenly beings, especially when the skies were clearer and science was almost non-existant. The serpent when drawn simply is a wavy line, which in various cultures meant water and the Earth. Its a form of worship for the Goddess, which was the original matriarchal belief system in many cultures. Venus, Isis, the virgin Mary and many others are examples of this same Goddess worship.

The symbols below show the evolution and alteration of this original idea of a Divine Serpent.

The Serpent has represented the infinite cosmos, which is where the Ouroboros comes from: original infinity symbol, serpent eating its own tail.

Humanities unsatiable curiosity and the ultimate Truth has been symbolised as Maats feather. This feather can be seen in the Egyptian hall of judgement scene, where the heart of the deceased is measured against the ultimate Truth.

Flight has always been revered by humanity, which is why indigenous tribes use the feather within their jewellery. To have a feather means you metaphorically conquered flight. How many of you have dreamed of flying like a bird? This impulse is natural and comes from our curiosity about the natural world. It symbolises the drive of Humanity to find the Truth, which is what brought us all to this site in the first place.

Interestingly, an Ancient symbol for God was a circle with a dot in the centre. Several modern groups still use the symbol to mean home or origin (eg. the Scouts). Now taking what I've said and applying it to archery, a forgotten ideal can be seen. The target is the circle with the dot, shooting arrows(Truth) toward this target (God) shows everyone the level of mastery the person has over the material world.

Another infinity symbol can be found in the Phoenix that rises from its own ashes. The symbol of fire has been used as a focus for meditation, and within the religion of Zoroastrianism, fire is seen to be an active symbol of God. So a fiery Phoenix contains both Flight and Fire in the context of the infinite.

Now we come to another fantasy creature that has developed from all the ideas above - The Dragon. Here the serpent has gained both flight and fire, and thus contains all the above meanings and connotations.

In the West the Serpent was torn from a place of divinity (Spanish conquistadors destroying most of South Americas serpent based belief systems), this can been seen in the stories of St. George and his Dragon Slaying as well as many many other fictional stories. Below is a representation of an Aztec mother Goddess called Coatlicue. Her face is made from two serpent heads meeting, and her skirt is also made completely from serpents. en.wikipedia.org...

In the East however the culture never had the patriarchal stance shoved down their throat. Their culture sees Dragons as symbols of life, luck, power, and natural order. Its actually revered as a form of Universal order.

So why the difference in attitude to the same symbols? I'll be touching on this and other important facts in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I haven't finished reading the whole thread yet so pardon me if this has been suggested already.

Has anyone read " The Serpent Grail"? It's basically about the physical proprties of snake venom and how those properties and the uses of snake venom may tie in with ancient religous/social practices. Immortality, wisdom, etc. Even has modern evidence. Pretty interesting read, especially if you are interested in ancient history.
After readingit I got the idea that htere may have been a rebellion, the use was practiced without wisdom and devolution set in.....but that's just my take.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7
reply to post by Skyfloating

And more On Topic .. there is a lot about Noah and the Rainbow Serpent, and how it's shadow is the basis of the Hebrew Language (but it was a serpent in a crystal pyramid). I don't have the links. But I found that very interesting.

This is all in "The Secret In the Bible" by Tony Bushby published by Joshua Books in Queensland. Google for it. Highly recommended.

I am just about to post a message in Multiply - Where's Jesus - about the Rainbow Serpent, and was just checking when I found your blog.

I have the pages on the Rainbow Serpent of the Great Pyramid right in front of me. Do get a copy of the book, it is well worth reading and you will learn much more from it concerning the Tarot link to the Torah and the 'radiation' within The Great Pyramid.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
My blessings on this thread.

Of all the stories and theories I have seen, the one enduring theme is the imposition of form and flow, embodied in the fundamental archetypes of the serpent and the pyramid, as we see here. Its overarching characteristics can be found in physics, philosophy, metaphysics, mathematics, architecture, mythology, and even linguistics.

My current favorite, the Lynnclaire knot which "lives" on a torus and "breathes" on a sphere.

That is the serpent I have been searching for. From it all form follows. It is the original rule for creation.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A story I stumbled across.

www.transpersonal.com.au...

my kundalini initiation

I felt his touch on the back of my head and was instantly transported into one of those moments of eternity. The world around me was transformed into one of brilliant light .. a glistening rainbow that hurt my eyes

We were standing on a large flat rock on the side of a mountain in Southern N.S.W .. a point where an ancient landmass rises to the surface .. the remnants of the land bridge that once joined Australia to New Zealand. Nestled at the foot of the mountain was a broad expanse of lake known by the locals as Walaga .. the aboriginal word for Black Duck

Serpent's Breath

As I watched, transfixed, a huge rainbow coloured snake like creature rose straight up out of the glistening shimmering brilliant silver waters and towered over us .. for how long, I do not know .. but it lowered its head towards me and breathed in my face .. then slowly sank back into the water from whence it came .. no ripples .. just the overpowering humming in my body and the brilliance of the light.

The vision faded and I started to become aware once more of my own breath .. yet my body was trembling and shaking from head to foot with the high frequency hum that had just past through it.

Through the deep black pools that were his eyes he looked deep into me .. and for the first time since we met, he spoke ..

Now you can return to Tasmania .. another serpent awaits you .."

So many possibilities when discussing this subject. Endless, like life and birth.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The Caduceus:

The Twilight Serpent - Silver Serpent - (Night Side of Life)
is the Unknown (forgotten! )aspect of the human energy self, called the Feminine, left side, or the energy Double.

The Dawn Serpent - Golden Serpent - (Day Side of Life)
is the Known aspect of human matter self, called the Masculine, right side, or physical Body.

The Winged Serpent - The Rainbow Serpent-Hawk - (Integrated Life)
is the Unknowable cusp or non-human energy self, called the Androgynous, or Central Light Core. (not shushuma!)

To meet this Serpent-Hawk (as I have), one must first embrace the Feared Silver Serpent, or lost Feminine Energy Double. This is easier said than done. The Silver Serpent spent Seven Days & Nights conveying the method of contact (1984), and I wish who desire to know the method, to apply for the Test. It is not given randomly, but freely!

Why just read about it, contemplate about it, when you can Become One Being with It? I called it Direct-Connect to the Archetypes, or the Ancients. When you meet them, you will know why.

Remember that picture of "God" holding out his Hand to Adam in Michelangelo's famous Sistine Chapel painting? This is not 'interpreted" correctly by many: besides the outpouring of energy (lifeforce communication), there is the Unrevealed Mystery of the One Left Behind, waiting to Grasp Your Hand and Pull you Through into the Pure Energy Transmutation State (see signature). It cannot be done by the self, for it is the very Law of Transmission between the the Three serpents: The One Becomes Two, and the Two Return to become One.

The Ancient One(s) Await! See you there, we'll do Supper!

Once that the key to Genesis is in our hands, the scientific and symbolical Kabalah unveils the secret. The Great Serpent of the garden of Eden and the Lord God are identical.
("The Secret Doctrine," H.P. Blavatsky)

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am from Australia and know a lot about aboriginal culture.. I'll join this site soon and post a thread about the wandjina and the lightning brothers which should add to this subject.. There is a lot of info in this thread though that is incorrect.. For 1.. Bullroarer? Australia didn't have "bulls" until the introduction of cattle in colonial settlement in 1788.. So aboriginal people wouldn't have made a term like this until after whiteman was already here.. There are alot of interesting stories concerning Australian aboriginals.. I really think people should actually come see their art and ceremonies first before writting about them... there are some things written here that are correct but there is a lot of incorrect info aswell.. I'm highly interested in the possibilities of Ancient astronaut theory but think the idea needs to be desensationalised and logic theory elements removed, factual based science needs to prevail.. Whats logical isn't always the answer.. And Zachariah Stitchin is a fiction writer in my opinion.. And his self proclaimed ability to read sumarian text is completely bogus and designed to serve 1 purpose.. Sell Fiction novels!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I really like the depth Skyfloating has gone into with the research for this topic. I remember finding this thread a while ago and have always wanted to read and reply properly but until now haven’t had the chance; and yet, in saying that I haven’t gone through its entirety.

I’d just like to point out that the debate over Australian prehistory is still ongoing, and while fairly recent discoveries have found that human occupancy in Australia was indeed much earlier than originally conceived, there is certainly no indication that it is as far back as 130,000 years. The oldest human remains discovered to date by archaeologists is that of Mungo 3, a near complete skeleton uncovered near Lake Mungo in the south west of New South Wales in 1974. Thanks to ESR (electron spin resonance) and U-series (gamma-ray spectrometry) analyses, the age estimate obtained was 62,000 ± 6,000 years. This is what science has proven on this front thus far. The specimen’s age ultimately implies that the present Australian indigenous population colonised the continent by 57,000 – 71,000 years ago.

However, this is outstanding evidence when you consider its implications on established theories to do with the first global geographical spread and world prehistory itself.

Lake Mungo is also the site of the world’s earliest known example of human cremation, with the findings of Mungo 1 in 1969. This and also the fact that Mungo 3 was found to be covered in red ochre before the burial really says something about these people’s religious or ritualistic beliefs, considering they were some of the earliest modern humans. I’m sure their art work counts towards the same thing.

But more to the topic, Aboriginal creation myths are something that I have always been fascinated with and somewhat held in a separate statute compared to creation myths of other cultures. Possibly it just seemed closer to home or somehow different in a way.

What I find enormously intriguing about Aboriginal tradition is their idea of a sentient country. They believe that the landscape is a conscious entity that generates and responds to their actions, creating life with them, nurturing them, grieving with them and sometimes dying with them. The object world was first created by the ancestors out of themselves. They have such a rich approach to life in everything from their kinship ties, to the laws that govern what they do on a daily basis to who they can marry and what they call the family members, to their cosmological beliefs and attitude towards the Earth. They say that we don’t own the land; we belong to it, an idea which is heightened furthermore when you consider that the Dreamtime beings arose from the Earth and became apart of the Earth when the Dreaming was over, transforming into rocks or trees etc. There is absolutely an abundance of learning and insight to be gained from these people.

One thing that I have found recently which I deemed to neatly relate to this belief of a sentient country is expressed in a thread here on ATS. The OP here describes the planets as being conscious entities who, like us, also have the power of creation. The thread was, and remains, fairly controversial. It was just something that I found to be an interesting correlation.

Additionally, I’m not sure if this has been mentioned already, but in light of the ‘reptile connection’, I found it interesting to learn of Mangar-kunjer-kunja. He is a reptile god who creates humans in Aboriginal myth. There is little information about him over the internet, if you wanted to check.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been brought to light in this thread but I just found this while reading about the world's most ancient religious worship site:

It describes the beliefs of the San people of Botswana, Africa.

The python is still one of the San people's most important sacred animals. According to their creation myth, mankind descended from the python and the ancient, arid streambeds around the hills are said to have been created by the python as it circled the hills in its ceaseless search for water

Here's the article.

A python that created the surrounding landscape. This is the foremost creation story that I have read of which clearly resonates, in my mind, in nature of similarity with Aboriginal creation myth.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Rainbow Serpent represents the bending of light.

We are over complicating it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Can you explain a little more?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Patience w/me as i use this virtual keyboard...another post modern artistic, or poetic take

yes

have to go now b4 pc reboots on its own...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Hi Matyas, never knew you to be a Dio fan~

Do your demons - do they ever let you go
When you've tried - do they hide -deep inside
Is it someone that you know
You're a picture - just an image caught in time
We're a lie - you and I
We're words without a rhyme

I tried to respond to pretty vacant, but couldn't find the words.

Sometimes things come as a "flash" and don't offer explanation.

What seems right and true today may be replaced with another understanding tomorrow. It is such a flow.

I also am working with a "hobbled" internet and has limited my productivity here and elsewhere.........

Ah...........Such is the life!

I do know that as I looked at a tree in my backyard and interpreted it I saw "one thing" then later I observed the same tree through binoculars and saw "another thing" it prompted me to understand that at times the experience is relative to the observer and it's observed. It reminded me that our response is based on our "lens" that we see through.

Even Queen had something to say.......

I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango?
Thunderbolts and lightning - very very frightening me
Galileo, Galileo,
Galileo, Galileo,
Galileo Figaro - magnifico-o-o-o

www.sing365.com...

Stargates, wormholes, and my spine!

[edit on 28-5-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

I found this image (partial) as a member's avatar.

To give credit where due the member's screen name is bloodline.

I thought it has it's place here in this thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/531ded2fb4c3.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join