It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Supreme Court strikes down the state's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If anyone is interested, this thread tells what reasons the judge who cast the deciding vote used in the case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
reply to post by projectvxn

If, the procedure of the judgement in Lev is followed..........YES.........

Rem Matt 5:17,18

So you would willingly murder another human being because YOU think that God is demanding this of you through a book.....People like you are often refered to as sociopaths. We lock guys like you up. Just thought I would add that.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I find people that try to apply 3,500 year old Hebrew law in this day and age interesting. Most of those old testament books are down right frightening...stoning women that did not pass as virgins according to their new husbands, marrying off women to their rapest because they were worthless at that point, stoning children for disobedience..the list goes on.

And the one thing that gets me is who decided God wrote or even inspired the bible? I would need some proof before I started demanding anyone be put to death for something like loving someone of the same gender, and even if there were proof I think I would decide that God was not for me.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It's not "murder" to apply God's law. Its called "justice". No different that the death penalty for murder.

God's law is supreme, merciful and just. Follow the requirments in Lev for judgement of the accused.

Those who don't want to follow God's law will find themselves telling God why at some point.

The law is the same, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Jesus will apply these same laws in his return, but those who repent will be saved and their evil washed away for a new start.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

I find people that try to apply 3,500 year old Hebrew law in this day and age interesting.

If these laws were applied completely starting back then, this world would be "a garden of eden" again.

Their are many who will find "god is not for them". Have a nice life, its the only one you have.............Those who find God and obey him have eternal life...........think about it............a decision you make in a fleeting second in time shortens your life by 99.9999999999999% ok there are not enough 9's to express this number.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Byronotron again:

Ok, here's something that I think hasn't been brought up; I'm a Unitarian Universalist (0.3 percent of US adults identify as UUs, or three in a thousand. By my clumsy math, that seems to be somewhere around 677,000 adults.) an extremely liberal/non-denominational/humanist religious group. the main body declare as 54% humanist and 33% agnostic. We are taught to be accepting of literally everything and everyone, and that NO ONE is to be disrespected, and EVERYONE is equal. Trans/Gay/White/Black/Disabled/Republican (heheheh) This is a Government Sanctified Tax upheld religion. If according to government and the states that marriage is a religious institution which is then legitimized by the state, why have not the marriage of thousands of gay UU's been recognized? This has been happening since the formation of the church in the 60's! If this nation truly is welcoming of all religions, why are the rights of these people ignored? I don't care whether or not it is moral, I don't care whether or not it is "the tyranny of the minority" this is simply about equality.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Heliosprime, do you follow ALL the Levitical laws? Like not planting crops of different kinds in the same field? Not wearing clothes of mixed fabrics? Do you not shave or cut your hair? And you advocate stoning people who curse their parents, right? And if a husband cheats on his wife, both he and the wife should be put to death, right? If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they should be cast out of society, right? And I take it blind people aren't welcome in your church? And you don't eat pork or shellfish, do you?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Take your preaching elsewhere. Why do people get away with this garbage?

Nothing makes me more infuriated than people who act like they are your intellectual superiors just because they believe in God... meanwhile, they can hardly form a sentence.

This thread is about gay marriage, not some garbage preaching about why people "better follow a religion or else"!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

G-d said no such thing!

I can write a comic strip, and tell every one God expired me to write it.
You may not like Gay people, because your bible said so, and You are brain wash by your Religion to hate a certain group of people.
If God didnt want Gay people to exist then God would not have created
Homosexuls.
But God DID create Homosexualty and not just in man and woman, but in ALL CREATURES, and in plants, and insects.

So your Bible is wrong, and So are you!

Your God is not a loveing God, your God KILLS,
You have the whole world at your finger tips, you should do some real research.
If you want to believe a book that was written 2000 years ago and was compiled mostly of writtings from three religion, then you do that .
But some of us know religion is corrupt and was written to control the mass of people with fear and to extort money from its congregations.
The internet is your key to the truth, if you search hard enough you will find it.
And useing religion to exspress your hatered of Gays is ignorant.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Heliosprime, do you follow ALL the Levitical laws? Like not planting crops of different kinds in the same field? Not wearing clothes of mixed fabrics? Do you not shave or cut your hair? And you advocate stoning people who curse their parents, right? And if a husband cheats on his wife, both he and the wife should be put to death, right? If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they should be cast out of society, right? And I take it blind people aren't welcome in your church? And you don't eat pork or shellfish, do you?

To the best of my ability the answer is YES. Not a farmer, but would do as the bible says..been proven over and over as good practice. Don't mix fabrics in the desert to prevent static shock...............the hair thing is a myth and misreading............Yes to stoning parent haters.......Adultry is death............period sex...........yuck...........never heard the blind thing, but sounds stupid...........

Oh, don't eat pork or shellfish.............

Gay marriage is an abomination.............

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink

But some of us know religion is corrupt and was written to control the mass of people with fear and to extort money from its congregations.

And useing religion to exspress your hatered of Gays is ignorant.

You are right, 99% of organized religion is corrupt, from catholic idol worshipers down to the vile Islam.............

Worship of God isn't a religion, its a requirement of his covenant with HIS people............It is YOUR choice, do as he commands or die.....pretty simple really. He layed out HIS requirements all you have to do is obey. If that is too much to ask for eteranl life then "to hell with you".........

Never said "I" hated gays...........God said it is an abomination and he has destroyed many place because of it. The entire world once..........and a few vile cities near the dead sea.............

This thread is about drumming up "acceptance" of a homosexual lifestyle that leads to destruction of the species. Homosexuals seek acceptance for a choice in life they know is wrong, when that didn't work, they now "demand" through corrupt and illegal court actions not only acceptance but to some extent "worship".........

Homosexuality leads to death, eternal death. In many cases mortal death due to the disease that is a direct punishment for their life choice...........

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Yer no ur rite.........me an bessy kant hardli read notin but the bible because we r stupid bakwatr jercs..............

Feel better now, my huge christian brain superior to all, almost hit 0.0000000000001% usage to write that garbage to make you feel better.

God bless you anyway..............

Gay marriage is an abomination............end of subject..........tha california supremes will die a horrid death becuase of their short sighted trashing of the constitution. The black robed bunch don't have the authority to make law.............

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
loooong thread! just wanted to add my$.02.
everyone here keeps talking about homosexuality in comparison to incest and beastiality, and how its not immoral in the way the others are. I would say theres not something necessarily wrong with incest or beastiality as long as consent is there and no one is getting hurt. In fact, last time i read with our diverse gene pool now incest only increases the risk of congenital defect by a fraction of a percent, so barring that i see nothing wrong with a brother and sister or even a brother and brother sharing affection outside the bounds of societies acceptable standards. And working in a hospital i can tell you that it is not uncommon for women to have sex with animals....i think i read a statistic one time that a surprisingly large amount of humans engage in sexual contact with animals, and as we all know male dogs are certainly willing to hump anything. As to homosexuality being unnatural, well, it certainly happens in the animal kingdom. I also read lately of one study that showed a certain combination of nutrients in a diet caused animals to exhibit homosexual tendencies so it could even just be aspects of our neurochemistry and diet.
As far as whats considered natural, we currently eat massive amounts of processed, bleached, refined products loaded with chemicals and such and yet we still call them "food". Which is to say that yes, words do come to slowly mean different things over time. thats how language works, get used to it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Sublime620

Yer no ur rite.........me an bessy kant hardli read notin but the bible because we r stupid bakwatr jercs..............

Feel better now, my huge christian brain superior to all, almost hit 0.0000000000001% usage to write that garbage to make you feel better.

God bless you anyway..............

Gay marriage is an abomination............end of subject..........tha california supremes will die a horrid death becuase of their short sighted trashing of the constitution. The black robed bunch don't have the authority to make law.............

Its no wonder that so many people today are turning against God.

This would be really scary - - if it wasn't so over the top and sound like a put on.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

WOW! I CAN FEEL YOUR ENERGY!
Where is it written in your bible that G-D said anything?
I know for a fact it dose not.
but YOU cant see that, you twist intepretation and spill VENOM when YOU act as you are G-D, and YOU, stand and juge everyone.
How dare YOU!... Shame on YOU!
Your Religion teaches HATERED, I find it APPAULING.
You see, I was taught WE are all Childern of G-D.
Stright people are not the chosen people of G-D.
We are to love all our brother and sisters.
We do not have the right to stand and juge anyone.
And as I said before MAN WROTE THE BIBLE NOT GOD.
Gay people are human beings and deserve equal rights.
Equal rights are not just for straight people.
Your Religion has no place in OUR laws.
WE THE PEOPLE are ruled by our Constition, not your Bible.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

cashlink.....I feel your outrage. One thing I've learned, in my short (less than a year) time at ATS....is moderation.

Your opinion is yours, of course!!! No one can take that away from you!!!!

Sometimes, though....hate to say it, but a more moderate approach will likely result in better responses.

I know, I know....the heat of the moment....been there, done that....I've been slapped a few times....well, many times, by the Mods....usually for good reasons!!!

This is what sets ATS apart from....oh.....YouTube, for example!

Intelligent discussions, not emotional vile disparaging remark-laden pejoratives...as on YouTube!!!

Hope this helps.....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

The answer I expected from someone who must change reality to fit their lifestyle choice.

Straight people are not God's chosen people..........hebrews are.........

Homosexuality is an abomination.

The US constitution is based on judeo/christian beliefs. The declaration of independence states so, as does the majority of the founders customs in government.

You can reject God, his commandments, his sabbaths, it is your choice as it is to be homosexual. But you can not force straight people to accept your choice. It is you who is cramming your life down straights throats. You who screams "accept me" to justify thier sick and twisted reality.

Repent of your ways, truely seek God and he will forgive you through Jesus. Many former homosexuals have found the truth....so can you......

It is not I who sits in judgement, it is God. Seek Jesus to defend you before God on judgement day.......................

Same-sex (homosexual) marriage is a slap in the face of the almighty. One should not take a swing at God, he might swing back.........

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't reject that their are gods.

I definitely reject those who speak from man-made gods and fear.

People are their Heart - - any higher evolved being knows that.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Don't mix fabrics in the desert to prevent static shock...............

I thought you said that the laws apply now, in the past and in the future, but I didn't know the laws changed when you changed climate?

Care to quote where THAT comes from? I doubt you can because you have shown in your next few sentences that YOU haven't even read the bible.

the hair thing is a myth and misreading............

Myth? Like your God?

5: They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.

Leviticus 21:5

never heard the blind thing, but sounds stupid...........

So, the bible is "stupid" now? It's not the bible that's being "stupid" here.

18: For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,
19: Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,

Leviticus 21:18/19

Gay marriage is an abomination.............

The only thing that is an abomination is the blind stupidity of the followers of some 2,000 year old book written by men to oppress other men.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

tha california supremes will die a horrid death becuase of their short sighted trashing of the constitution.

Please show me where discrimination is written into the constitution.

And yes, you have shown all that you are a blind follower who can not think for themself.

Why don't you go read the bible and leave the rest of the thinking society alone?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join