It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had a weird foreboding about McCain...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What a surprise that a talk about McCain gets turned into another Obama bash by none other than FlyersFan.

Seriously, I'm shocked!

Once again, proving YOU are the one with the Obama goggles on.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

There was once a time long ago when I believed in the political process in this my country. I canvased and registered voters, the whole deal. Then the blinders were removed, an election was stolen but hey this stuff has been going on long before I became aware of it. It is sad and unfortunate but seriously, what are we to do?

Frankly all it is now is entertainment like reality tv. SO SAD!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This whole thread makes me want to puke... McCain is pure evil. He isn't a war hero - he is a traitor to his country! You don't get a first class hotel room and good meals for NOT squeeling like a pig. Then to come home and seal the fate of all the other prisoners left over there - BS!!! He deserves no less than a death sentence. If he makes it into office you better hold onto your nuts - stock up on tons of bullets - cuz baby communist law will be coming to America.

As for Hillary or Obama ... there is no choice there either... both are crooked. Only difference is Hillary is stupid and crooked. She'd end up signing universal health care into effect within the first couple months in office and the dollar would crap itself on the spot. Obama - he is a con man who was cleaned up a bit but still a thug. He talks a lot of sheit but that's because he'll tell ya what ya want to hear - then do what the puppet masters tell him to do. Just another Bush but he can pronounce words with more than two syllables. Plus him and his wife are the most racist people I've ever run across in my lifetime.

Word is from the insiders - will be Obama and McCain running - McCain winning... but that's not until after the CIA assassination of BUSH leaves Cheney in charge long enough to put us into war in Iran. Get ready people... America is about to go full force into Hell. Hope you are ready. Most of you deserve it for being ignorant and voting for popularity instead of standing up and voting for what you believe in.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by thecandyman]

[edit on 15-5-2008 by thecandyman]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

What a surprise that a talk about McCain gets turned into another Obama bash by none other than FlyersFan.

Seriously, I'm shocked!

What is wrong with bashing Obama on a forum where people like bashing McCain? A good bashing of elite politicians is a very healthy thing no matter who the target is.

Anyways my concern about McCain is is mental stability. He endured years of torture, I am wondering if that would effect him badly in a Presidential position. He is known for his bad temper, is it wise for someone with that mentality to have a finger on the red button.

Then again Obama thinks he is Jesus, or at least his supporters are trying to push that image. THAT is scary not withstanding all the higher taxes he will impose and his corrupt associations.

Clinton is just a lying b--ch.

*sigh* another election where the worst possible people are the front runners

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by reject

You should be worry, very worrry, McCain is favor by the same people that got Bush elected in 2000.

The same people that pushed our war, that is bankrupting our country and that is giving away our children future for profits and greed.

Yes, you should be very afraid, because McCain is nothing more than another Bush with a different face.

"be worry, very worry...."hahhahahaha

really of what? The fact that if Obama gets elected our country is going to slip further into into the entitlement mentality; our country is going to sink further into debt due to the burden of universal health care....the list goes on on, so what am I "worry" about again?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
RON PAUL!!!! SORRY PEEPS BUT THATS WHO HAS AMERICA'S BEST INTEREST AT HEART EVERYONE ELSE IS PUPPETS.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Seriously, I'm shocked!

What is wrong with bashing Obama on a forum where people like bashing McCain? A good bashing of elite politicians is a very healthy thing no matter who the target is.

Anyways my concern about McCain is is mental stability. He endured years of torture, I am wondering if that would effect him badly in a Presidential position. He is known for his bad temper, is it wise for someone with that mentality to have a finger on the red button.

Then again Obama thinks he is Jesus, or at least his supporters are trying to push that image. THAT is scary not withstanding all the higher taxes he will impose and his corrupt associations.

Clinton is just a lying b--ch.

*sigh* another election where the worst possible people are the front runners

First, that was a reply to FF, not you. And it's kind of a lasting thing between us.

Second, the whole 'Obama thinks he's Jesus' people are worse than your alleged view of Obama followers. People like you seem to think the same way as anybody who might think Obama is like Jesus, just backwards; because from what I have seen, Obama's followers are the more educated crowd, so talking about them like they are a bunch of brainless zombies, while you are somehow 'above all of that', is a joke.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Well lets see I think he talks funny, like we need another president that hasn't mastered the English language.

I think he looks funny, whats up with his big cheeks? His arms don't appear to be the right proportion to the rest of his body. I don't know maybe it's just me.

I think he even moves funny.

But to me he isn't funny at all. He seems scary to me.

You think maybe it was because he was beaten and tortured as a POW?

Come on think before you put all this crap on here....

Big Cheeks (Beaten as a POW)

Moves funny (Tortured as a POW)

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thats just silly to be fearful of someone just based on how they look or injuries they have. Don't get caught up in the things that don't matter, what matters is who he is, who he represents, does he follow the constitution, who is paying him to do what, ect... Vote or don't vote for him based on the facts, not emotions based on looks.

I'm not saying McCain is the right choice, I don't believe he is, but that has nothing to do with his looks. I don't see how not voting is going to change a damn thing either, one of the three is still going to get voted into office with or without everyones votes. What about writing someone in instead? I plan on writing in Ron Paul

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

it's kind of a lasting thing between us.

Yes. Berti and I have this ... this .. thing .. between us.
xoxox (snicker, snicker)

Obama's followers are the more educated crowd, so talking about them like they are a bunch of brainless zombies, while you are somehow 'above all of that', is a joke.

I AM above it all - I'm voting for Ron Paul.

I see three different types of people who vote for Obama -

1 - Those who really think he is the best person for the job - or at least he's the least worst. They see his short comings and they see his strengths.

2 - Those who are racist and are voting for him simply because he's black.

3 - The Obamatrons who are glassy eyed and are voting for their Obamessiah because they think he can change the world and they believe all the rhetoric about hope/unity/change. They REFUSE to see that he's just as corrupt as the rest (Rezko, Ayers, earmarks, etc) and they dont' care that he's a racist (Uncle Wright) and that he lies like the rest of the pack.

And there are PLENTY of people in ALL the categories .. including #3.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Then vote for Ron Paul.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't trust McCain. Another 100 years in Iraq?! Hell with that. I have friends and family over there and they can't wait to come home. Most have said they won't be re-upping ... not for this or any other war of aggression.

If you like McCain so much and want to get out of Iraq "WITH OUR NAME INTACT" go sign up yourself .... if you're too old, convince your kids to sign up.

Pride is the stupidest reason I EVER heard of to fight a war. Totally ignorant.

We will lose this war ... now or later. It is impossible to win ... ask anyone who fought in Vietnam.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thecandyman

Quote "You don't get a first class hotel room and good meals for NOT squeeling like a pig. Then to come home and seal the fate of all the other prisoners left over there "

First class hotel room? Are you refering to the hospitality given to him by the VC.

Most of the 5 plus years he spent in country was curled up in a ball wrapped up in his own imaginary little world. They tortured the # out of this guy, hell, I'm surprised he knows his own name.

He suffers from CPTSD..C for complex. I think he might have a point to prove to the world, "hero" complex and may surprise the people who back him. He really is one pissed of Muther...it really depends I guess who pisses him off first, the people or his backers. I think his backers will and he will turn on them like a chicken luvin dog on hawks!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

"another 100 years in Iraq"....Guess what? A politician tries to tell the truth and he gets slammed for it.

We have been there for about 100 years and we will be there for another 100 years. If not us then that simply places more power into the hands of the enemy. (whoever they are? lol)

Dig into the history of Persia(IRAN/IRAQ), BP, The United Kingdom, WW1 etc and you will see that he just plain told the truth.

Ron Paul, whom I adore, could'nt get us out of there. Thats the reality of it. McCain knows that and so does Ron Paul.

What Bush has done in the middle east no man can undo.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well, at least you did at least admit finally, that there are people in #1.

A huge step for you IMO.

Oh, and xoxo

P.S. When I say 'illegal', I'm referring to international law. Not, of course, to mention unconstitutional.

Here: www.guardian.co.uk...

The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.

The UN chief had warned the US and its allies a week before the invasion in March 2003 that military action would violate the UN charter. But he has hitherto refrained from using the damning word "illegal".

And: www.informationclearinghouse.info...

And The World's Most Authoritative Answer Is ... Among the world's foremost experts in the field of international law, the overwhelming jurisprudential consensus is that the Anglo-American invasion, conquest, and occupation of Iraq constitute three phases of one illegal war of aggression. [3]

Moreover, these experts in the international law of war deem both preventive wars and preemptive strikes to be euphemistic subcategories of outlawed wars of aggression.

Gooooooooodddd, that feels GOOOOOOOD.

[edit on 5/15/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

quote from you
"We will lose this war ... now or later. It is impossible to win ... ask anyone who fought in Vietnam."

Funny thing, McCain was in Nam and he thinks we can win.

This world has become one complex, backstabbing, fear kingdom. We, as in the "West", have probably overstepped our boundaries with the result that we have a sh$%storm of blowback coming our way.

McCain has seen the insane blowback in a micro leval and survived!

How? When you are a POW you become the very embodiment of the enemy. You get all the sh#$ from anyone around you who has lost a son, friend, mother, daughter, money, homes, business etc.....you become the very icon of the enemy.

I hope you can follow my logic. (McCain becomes the icon or if you are schooled in the world of Carl Jung, you can use the word archtype)

So, McCain or any POW, becomes the icon of the very thing you hate and you take out your anger on that whole "idea".

So, McCain survived this. He still carries the "imprint". He survived it on a micro leval.

I believe he may be able to pull us toward surviving it on a macro leval...maybe not all in one piece but we may survive.

I hope I was able to comunicate my idea.lol

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
I hope nothing happens to him because I decided yesterday that I would be voting for him if (because) Obama is the Democratic nominee. Of course my vote won't be for McCain as much as it will be against Obama.

Then why not vote for Ron Paul, since he is on the Republican ticket? If not, vote for a Constitution Party nominee, or a Libertarian or an independent.

Everyone "says" they want "change", yet we have not really had any significant change by having a Republican or Democratic president since at least WW2. Believe what you want, I am essentially saying in regards to loss of freedoms, Government as a "Black Box" with no morals or no over sight, Corporate Fascism, the destruction of our economy, American Union, etc.

As Ron Paul has said [search ats for "Ron Paul ousts neocons"], since there has not been any significant change, it must be because the backers of both parties are the basically the same.

Personally, I think this is going to be the last time we folks are going to get a chance to try and get the change we need. If we do not elect Ron Paul or a similar Constitutional, Libertarian or Independent candidate, we are not going to have any real change to save American as we knew it.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And now McCain is using this 2013 pull out date.

My guess is that he's using this as a counterweight for his '100 years' remark.

I wonder if the fact that, if he wins, he'll be out of the White House by then, so it'll be someone else's problem made him say this also.

[edit on 5/15/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

if he wins, he'll be out of the White House by then,

Like I said .. we will all be dead in 2012 anyways (Mayan prophecies) so his 'prediction' won't be put to the test.

Hey berti ... is this your dream world come true?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

And now McCain is using this 2013 pull out date, AFTER he's said several times that you cannot set a date.

No, he said that he thought the war would be over by 2013, not that he'd pull troops out of Iraq at that time. It was a prediction and nothing more.

www.cnn.com...

---"It could be next month; it could be next year. It could three years from now. It could be, but I'm confident that we will have victory in Iraq, but I'm certainly not putting a date on it. "

[edit on 15-5-2008 by vor78]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join