It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda 'Planning Euro 2008 Attack'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Zanibar hit the nail on the head..

There is little justification to attack Switzerland, especially from what we know and can deduce about Al-Qaeda's previous operations.

Sounds to me like someone's crying wolf.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree, that's why I wrote "wouldn't be the first time".

I think they claim that even though we are civilians, we are still part of the part of the problem, and hence "we aren't innocent".

However, many of those countries listed by Budski don't fit their description.

It's all BS anyway, I'm just saying it fails even from their jaded perception.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Terrorists always attack innocents. If all they did was attack military targets then they wouldn't be 'terrorists' ..

A star for you

I don't think you will find that in Websters, but I like it

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well they could either attack or not. Nobody will know as to when they will attack. They probably won't attack. Terrorism doesn't allow for people as to know when the best time to attack would be, then it would be too obvious. Terrorist attacks happen unexpectedly without any security preparedness, killing as many people as they can when they kill themselves.

If we haven't mentioned anything of a attack that they were planning. The attack would probably happen. Since the Al-Quada members are also seeing what is on the news to keep them updated and delay attacks if needed. So it is good to be on the safe side to have police on the sidelines. But at the same time it gives chills down people's spine as to why so many police are there in the first place. Which would also freak me out.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The biggest fear should be the Particle excellerater that scientists want to create an impact of heat being 100,000 times hotter than the sun beneath the earth between France and Switzerland.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Heh, no, this is just the police trying to justify having more people employed to handle crowd control. Football games can get pretty rowdy... the police want more backup. And rightfully so, but lying about Al-Qaeda to get that backup just isn't right.

A: It wouldn't be in Al-Qaeda's interest to attack that.

B: They claim Al-Qaeda has posted their intentions... Al-Qaeda does not post specifics, so whatever source they are using simply isn't Al-Qaeda.

Am I saying, don't prepare for the worst? No. I'm just saying cut the needless fear mongering, and just do your job.

All of this, "They're out to get us" talk, is causing some side effects in the economy. People are thinking twice before going out and helping the economy by spending... because of this, the economy gets hurt.

Those who cry wolf about terrorism to the public should be kept off the airwaves.
If anything, they are giving Al-Qaeda exactly what they want.
Fear.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
no british teams made it so i think mainland europeans are quiet safe, unfortunately it means im going to be bored this summer i'll have to put a bet on spain to win it. As for the terrorist threat what can we do, the people being payed to take care of that should be on alert regardless of the event something will either happen or it wont. all anyone can ever do is just carry on and enjoy the moment

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's almost scaringly genious isn't it?
I know that they could be targetting the competing nations, but if you think about it, nothing would put down Al Queda as a real and true threat more than hitting the most neutral country in the world...

"If Al Queda is not real or is made by western agencies, why would they "attack" scwitzerland??!!", I can see the pawns' autoreply already.

Bring to that the upcoming precidency of Europe, it would be nice and easy for anyone taking office to initiate increased security and restrictions in the European Empire in the light of these "terrible acts of terrorism".

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
To me, "Al-Qaeda" is a real pool of mostly middle-eastern patsies and dupes (no doubt with hostility toward America) who think, and have been told that they are fighting America or whatever enemy for whatever reason.
"Al-Qaeda" operations are conceived and controlled by Western Intelligence Agencies.

I could be wrong.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I keep hearing people mentioning things like this..alllllll the time, although most recent is off a friend she said a few people (spiritual in the know people) had told her something BIG will happen on July 4th, cant remember if it was July or June, but specifically 4th, by big they meant BAD, and was more or less told to not go anywhere/do anything, sit it out kind of, now that to me is Nahhhh rubbish, but then Ive seen the Same thing online recently, most recently someone on Youtube saying somethings gonna happen on that date and dont travel etc, now Im officially paranoid lol, but this is a new one I guess, seems to happen every couple of months like...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
More anonymous posts on an Islamic Jihadi bogeyman website. I wonder if it's an attempt to hurt Switzerland due to their recent energy deal with Iran?

I'm sure there are lots of spooks out there making anonymous postings on these sites, perhaps even running the sites themselves, whose sole intention is to keep the fear alive.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Now u got the point that Al Qaeda is just a puppet of US government

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
As a resident brown person, I would like to call..... BS. Please .... Come on people. Don't let them pull this on you AGAIN!!!!!!

First of all.... dont know if many of you have seen this yet, but this video connects ALOT of dots for me.....

And makes perfect sense in relation tro this announcement

Sound track sucks, but watch it, please.

video

[edit on 16-5-2008 by spinladen]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I really doubt terrorist's would go to the media and be like hey look we are going to do etc etc....more proof mainstream media is corrupt.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Sounds CIA co-ops propaganda BS to me ....

this fear mongering should come to an end ...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I doubt they would, england are not there, and england are the most hated country for them in europe.

Anyway the teams and all that will be heavily protected.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Like I said before someone's crying wolf.

For god's sake people the Swiss haven't even given us a verifiable SOURCE to corroborate their claims and they expect people to take their words in good faith?

Yeah because those in power would never try to lie or distort the truth to the public... no, our governments are good, good people.

Now excuse me while I put on my blindfold and gulp down another daily dose of propaganda.

It's almost like some sort of sick game, see how frightened and paranoid they can make the public without any evidence.
They might as well dangle posters of Osama in front of our faces and go "Ooohhh, ahhh.... Rahhh, big bad bogeyman coming to get you!" if they think were that stupid.

This stuff is straight out of 1984.

[edit on 16/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Euro 2008 Attack Hype May Be Veiled Neo-Con Threat

Threatening to capsize a $2.1 billion injection into the European economy and making hundreds of thousands of people fear for their lives, authorities and the media today lent credence to an anonymous Internet posting that alleged Al-Qaeda were planning to attack the Euro 2008 soccer tournament.

Brushing aside the media's ludicrous and transitory stupidity of accepting an anonymous Internet posting at face value and immediately broadcasting it as gospel, the contention that global terrorists' enemy number one is the tranquil haven of Switzerland, a country that has not been to war since 1515, is beyond belief. However, the real reason behind the Swiss being threatened may have more to do with recent geopolitical developments than anything else.

n addition, the Zionist front Anti-Defamation League (ADL) smeared the government of Switzerland as a “financier of terrorism” in response to the deal and placed major ads in The New York Times, The International Herald Tribune, The Wall Street Journal, and major Swiss newspapers attacking the country as a de facto rogue nation.

The ADL were also infuriated that "Switzerland was the only European member of the 47-nation United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) to vote in favor of a resolution condemning Israeli military action in Gaza that resulted in the death of more than 120 Palestinians, many of them civilians," in March of this year.

Interesting that Al-Qaeda - the world's most scary and terrible and most radical islamic group would want to attack targets in Switzerland. Anyway, the same thing is with the 2008 Olmypic games. And every single year with almost any sports event. And IF something would happen, I am sure that Israeli or America intelligence agencies would be the first ones to start their little black operations war with their little terrible terror cell network called Al-Qaeda.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
The way I read the news now is any scheduled large events/venues = Terrorists Attacks.

Perfect example of fear mongering... or xcould the threat be real?

I agree. ever since 9/11, any major event, the governments always say 'oh we have evidence that there could be a terrorist attack.'

All it is, IMO, is they say that, then a couple days before, they 'apprehend' a bad guy(s), and that makes the government look awesome! It's just a way of propaganda I believe

Edit: Oh, and dont you find it interesting that its always Al Qaeda...never just a random terrorist cell???

[edit on 16-5-2008 by unknownfrost]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownfrost

That's probably because al qaeda is not an organisation as such, but database entries of suspected terrorist operatives - note suspected.

Which obviously gives them massive leeway and a bogeyman with a catchy name to pin everything on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join