It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla : First Contact With Alien Intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I was watching the History Channel a few minutes ago. They were featuring the work of Nikola Tesla. I think they framed the discussion correctly when they stated no single human has had a more profound influence on human existence.

(Among his more obvious contributions: Tesla invented AC power. Anyone who has studied electrical engineering will understand how profound, and unobvious, an idea like Alternating Current really is.)

I just did some research, and found a site with selected works of Tesla, written at the turn of the 20th century. Quite a bit of amazing work! I was astounded by this article he wrote in 1901, in a paper "Talking With Planets".

www.tfcbooks.com...

As I was improving my machines for the production of intense electrical actions, I was also perfecting the means for observing feeble effects. It was in carrying on this work that for the first time I discovered those mysterious effects which have elicited such unusual interest.

The changes I noted were taking place periodically, and with such a clear suggestion of number and order that they were not traceable to any cause then known to me. I was familiar, of course, with such electrical disturbances as are produced by the sun, Aurora Borealis and earth currents, and I was as sure as I could be of any fact that these variations were due to none of these causes.

It was some time afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control. Although I could not decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental. The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another.

This was in 1901, when Tesla was at the height of intellectual power. As far as I can tell, he didn't document the device he said was the "means for observing feeble effects". What could he have been referring to, and was was this device?

#

So -- not exactly breaking news. But I thought this was so interesting I wanted to share it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Isnt this the guy who invented the tesla coil?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Isnt this the guy who invented the tesla coil?

Same guy. I was amazed to learn from this show that Tesla also invented radio transmission. This is generally attributed to Marconi -- but it was actually invented by Tesla. In particular, Tesla held the patents for Radio Control -- must have been considered pure black magic at the beginning of the 20th century.

Now think about it -- what kind of genius did it take to come up with that idea, from scratch? Amazing.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That stuff is mind blowing.I remember something like he blackout a entire city or something.He could also use it as a weapon and shoots electricity like a gun i guess.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
That stuff is mind blowing.I remember something like he blackout a entire city or something.He could also use it as a weapon and shoots electricity like a gun i guess.

Exactly right. He invented a "death ray" that was taken over by the US government. Some people say that it is the foundation for the alleged "particle beam" weapons that are being / have been developed.

He also studied resonance, and threatened an entire city block of New York City with some sort of "resonator". He ended up smashing is device to pieces with a sledge hammer because it went out of control. (From the History Channel -- witnessed by NYC police. I guess it is true!)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Tesla is actually my favorite scientist and inventor, although he is rather eccentric.
I personally feel he is rather underrated, at least by the mainstream.

I heard he actually already discovered some sort of free energy (magnetic). Or he was just goofing off, perhaps the story is a hoax.

But people like Tesla is always poor, I wonder why?

add:
Oh yea, Tesla is also an alien and related to Tunguska incident.

[edit on Wed, 14 May 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Here is a citation on the particle beam weapon I spoke about in my previous post. It is from an article he wrote called "A MACHINE TO END WAR", published 1937:

I was fortunate enough to evolve a new idea and to perfect means which can be used chiefly for defense. It will make any country, large or small, impregnable against armies, airplanes, and other means for attack. My invention provide a wall of power offering an insuperable obstacle against any effective aggression.

My apparatus projects particles which may be relatively large or of microscopic dimensions, enabling us to convey to a small area at a great distance trillions of times more energy than is possible with rays of any kind. Many thousands of horsepower can thus be transmitted by a stream thinner than a hair, so that nothing can resist

I do not say that there may not be several destructive wars before the world accepts my gift. I may not live to see its acceptance. But I am convinced that a century from now every nation will render itself immune from attack by my device or by a device based upon a similar principle.

www.tfcbooks.com...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
I heard he actually already discovered some sort of free energy (magnetic). Or he was just goofing off, perhaps the story is a hoax.

I don't think it is a hoax. He did a lot of research on Cosmic rays as a power source.

One of the problems with Tesla (according to the History Channel) was that he was half deranged with very severe obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). He hated dealing with people because of "germs". He insisted in doing everything in "threes". Pierced ears set him off, as did any sort of women's jewelry.

Tesla designed the Niagra Falls power plant (the first big AC electricity project) without schematics -- and without much explanation. So a lot of his inventions are not well documented. That doesn't diminish how well they work -- AC power for example.

A very strange story!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've now spent three hours going through all the works written by Tesla at this website:

www.tfcbooks.com...

I've gone through the full cycle of thinking the guy was a complete genius, to thinking he was nothing but a crank who got lucky with the invention of AC power – back to thinking this guy is a weird, supernatural prophet and divine intermediary with humanity

There are parts of his work that are so eerie and profound that I have to believe he penetrated some sort of veil or barrier that limits human thought. He seems to have suffered from some sort of functional autism – I don't think it is possible for "normal" people to enter the type of world he lived in.

The thing I am most struck by is that things we take for granted today, which define "modern" life (such as electricity, wireless communication, television, x-ray machines) – all the really mysterious stuff that at one time or another all people pause and reflect upon – ALL OF THIS is directly attributable to Tesla in one way or another.

#

So upon final reflection, I think my original title to this post is correct. Tesla was certainly human, but he was also quite alien.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
One of the problems with Tesla (according to the History Channel) was that he was half deranged with very severe obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). He hated dealing with people because of "germs". He insisted in doing everything in "threes". Pierced ears set him off, as did any sort of women's jewelry.

Reminds me of Howard Hughes. In threes??? Usually OCDs do it in pairs or even numbers, this must be an I Ching twist.

Thanks for the link Buck, starred.

This one is interesting. A MACHINE TO END WAR

In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul " or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise.

Hmm, he doesn't believe in afterlife. Do you Buck?

My invention requires a large plant, but once it is established it will he possible to destroy anything, men or machines, approaching within a radius of 200 miles. It will, so to speak, provide a wall of power offering an insuperable obstacle against any effective aggression.

Maybe, who knows.

I actually constructed "robots." Today the robot is an accepted fact, but the principle has not been pushed far enough. In the twenty-first century the robot will take the place which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization. There is no reason at all why most of this should not come to pass in less than a century, treeing mankind to pursue its higher aspirations.

Aah, he doesn't think robots could take over the world, which I do.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Hmm, he doesn't believe in afterlife. Do you Buck?

I believe in afterlife -- pretty much. I definitely don't think that human consciousness results strictly from the operation of a machine, as Tesla claimed.

Further down in that article (maybe a later article), he starts talking about eugenics, and selective elimination of defective humanity.

I get the feeling that Tesla was somewhat soul dead -- probably worn down from years of OCD. It was like he was some conduit for knowledge that is slowly burned out by whatever visions he had. He became some sort of psychic, but soulless human. So it seems to me.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
sorry if this is off topic, I just have to share this:

On topic: I was always thought Tesla was ahead of his time, this may explain it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You are referring to this I think:

uncletaz.com...
Tesla was fascinated with the power of resonance and experimented with it not only electrically but on the mechanical plane as well. In his Manhattan lab he built mechanical vibrators and tested their powers. One experiment got out of hand.
To a steel pillar Tesla attached a powerful little vibrator driven by compressed air. Leaving it there, he went about his business. Meanwhile, down the street, a violent quaking built up, shaking down plaster, bursting plumbing, cracking widows, and breaking heavy machinery off its anchorages. Tesla's vibrator had found the resonant frequency of a deep sandy layer of subsoil beneath his building, setting up an earthquake. Soon Tesla's own building began to quake, and, just at the moment the police burst into the lab, Tesla was seen smashing the device with a sledge hammer, the only way he could promptly stop it. In a similar experiment, on an evening walk through the city, Tesla attached a battery-powered vibrator, described as being the size of an alarm clock, to the steel framework of a building under construction and, adjusting it to a suitable frequency, set the structure into resonant vibration. The structure shook, and so did the earth under his feet. Later Tesla boasted that he could shake down the Empire State Building with such a device, and, as if this claim were not extravagant enough, he went on to state that a large-scale resonant vibration was capable of "splitting the Earth in half." No details of Tesla's vibrators are available, but they probably resembled one of Tesla's reciprocating engines (such as Patent No. 511,916). These exploited the elasticity of gases, just as his electrical vibrators, like the tesla coil, exploit the elasticity of the electric medium. a new power system

That site is a great read for anyone interested in Tesla.

Some of the other things he invented:

The Tesla turbine.
The first remote(radio) controlled submarine.
Various methods of free energy. (attach a wire to a pipe in the ground and another to a balloon about 50 to 100 feet in the air)
Radio
The Tesla coil.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I remember something like he blackout a entire city or something

It was just a Tesla Coil.
When he he fired it up for a few, the energy transmitted from the device "feed-back" into the power plant generators. Tesla was mad becuse they cut off his power, the Power Company was mad and wanted to know what Tesla did.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by hoppy]X6

[edit on 15-5-2008 by hoppy]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just recalling that some people think that Hungarians and/or Basques share a strange ancestry, thought by some to be 'not-of-this-Earth', or perhaps that the Basque language has strange alien origins. I could be mis-remembering, IDK.

Wonder if Tesla has any odd ancestry. He was allegedly Serbian and lived in Croatia.

Anyone find any links on him breaking through this 'veil' of perception?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Would be considered the Da Vinci of our time... Pretty much.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
tesla was an amazing person. I read a book about him recently and his life is so fantastic it seems like a movie script. It was called WIZARD. If you thought the history channel show was interesting they barely scratched the surface , read this book.

The whole alien thing was him picking up radio frequences from space i think.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by drock905]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I ask all of you, where would the world be without alternating current?

I have collected many Tesla documentaries.
In one they state(I can't remember which famous person said it off the top of my head) that there is only maybe 2 or 3 people that have ever lived, that are as important to life as we know it as he is.

Even cars would be useless without a Tesla invention... The dynamo.

RADAR..... Where would planes be without that?

I believe there was definitely a conspiracy surrounding his death too.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Imagine the world today had Tesla's inventions been used for the good of mankind instead of destroyed or stolen by a corrupt Government. Today we would be breathing fresh air, unpolluted by carbon emissions. We would have never had to pay for electricity. Just think, an electric car he built that ran at speeds of 90 mph and never needed recharging, AMAZING (I believe that was in 1931). Tesla was definitely crazy, but not in the sense that many believe... he was crazy because he actually thought that the greedy government would allow him to make energy free to everyone... he thought his inventions would make the world a better place for ALL mankind.

A little info that some don't know about Tesla and very hard to find. The tesla generator is found inside most households today. Yep, we make free energy all the time and never know it. It's inside your electric meter that the electric company uses to measure how much energy you produce. It doesn't measure how much you use. It only takes a small amount of energy to get the reaction started and then it feeds electricity back into the system.

I believe that Tesla's ideas have been used since the 1950's to put us into space. He harnessed the power of the universe and I'd say we have been to most of the planets already. We may never know unless the bankers of the world (our rulers) actually let the cat out of the bag one day. Until then, guess we go on destroying our earth, breathing polluted air, and paying for electric that should be free to us all.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by thecandyman]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Aside from the electrical jazz he'd also been noted to be part of the development team involved with the Atom Bomb (Manhattan Project) & the Philadelphia Project, which was time travel... this guys a pure genius, really set the groundwork for alot of things we take for granted today.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join