It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Atmosphere What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Again, for lack of better knowledge as to where this post should originate, it's starting in my most familiar category. Aliens & UFO's. Seeing as this question deals with the skies, and we, here, in this category are the supposed experts of the skies, here's where i'll ask it.

Yesterday I was doing the Cheech and Chong on my girlfriends roof around the time of sunset. The sky was exceptionally clear, a few wispy clouds to strike us with awe at the splendor of God's creation. Interestingly, I observed something, multiple times, that isn't a UFO or an Alien, but still struck a slew of questions in my mind.

I live in New York City, just stating this. Anyway, what my girlfriend and I saw were small planes, really high up in the atmosphere, towering over the passenger planes destined for laguardia and jfk airports. These small planes were leaving contrails. In the span for 40 minutes we must have observed 30 of these small contrail leaving aircraft, all flying along a similar flight plan.

My question is: Why do these planes seem to systematically release something into our atmosphere?
Does anybody know the purpose of these contrail planes?
Does anyone know what they're releasing?

A friend of mine whose fighting the good battle against the govt. machine hinted to me that they're releasing chemicals that in essence... stupify the masses. I don't beleive this is so. I said that the govt created TV and sports for that.

Anyone have any Idea?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
anyone?

anybody have any idea what the purpose of those planes are?

anyone?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
anyone?

anyone?

Oh....My....Gods!!!

Not again!!!

You're smoking and observing normal airplanes.....you're seeing jets on approach to the various NYC airports...there are FOUR of them, when you count Teterboro....and you're observing other passenger jets, AT ALTITUDE passing over, and producing normal contrails.....

When you're sober, you may enjoy a website known as 'flightaware' You can track actual flights, live as they happen.

FYI....If, say, American Airlines or United Airlines has a flight from London to Chicago....it will pass over, or nearly over, NYC. Same with Norhtwest Airlines to Minneapolis....or any one else to San Francisco, or Seattle, or Los Angeles....need I go on???!?

AND, not just London....flights over the North Atlantic from many, many cities in Europe will often have 'anchor' points, as they reach North America, in NewFoundland, will continue through Canadian airspace, and will often (depends on the winds that day) pass over the NYC area. It's not anything unusual, it's normal air traffic....and contrails are noting more than frozen di-hydrogen oxide crystals.....

Sheesh! Science seems to be failing our students....

WW

ps....most flights between NA and Europe operate on what are called the 'Atlantic Tracks'. On any given day, there will be as many as eight parallel tracks, they are designated, North to South, with letters....A, B, C and so on....H would be number 'eight' in this example.

The 'tracks' are calculated each day, twice a day, to take advantage of the prevailing winds. When Eastbound, the first meridian off the coast is 50West. The 'tracks' are separated by 10 degrees of latitude.

For instance, track 'A' may anchor at Gander, NewFoundland, and the next point will be 50N/50W. Next 'waypoint' could be 51N/49W. Next, 49N/30W....(this is where Oceanic Control switches and it's handed off to the Scottish control....'Gander' has control until 30W. Then, 'ShanWick' gets control until 'coast-in')....etc.

As you near the West coast of the UK or Europe (about 12-10W) you are back in RADAR contact, and under different control, as Oceanic hands oy off....

Westbound, from the UK or Europe to NA, just the opposite procedures.

Any questions?

WW

[edit on 5/14/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I try to explain very specific things to laymen...

you can 'google' ..... North Atlantic MNPS Airspace. All information will be revealed.

WW

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
hmm, the thought came across my mind that it was passenger planes flying at higher altitudes because their flying to, say california from isreal. the plane would pass over newyork. I don't understand what the purpose of the trails they leave behind.

i figured that it could be one of two things. 1. it's a sign to the local airports that they're passing over the new york sky traffic zones. or 2. a precaution since 9/11 that any planes flying over big cities, especially new york, make themselves very visible to everyone.

I debunked #1 in my head because all planes are fitted with GPS and air traffic control can pick them up on radar. 2 could still be a possibility.

thanks for responding, but i'm not satisfied with your answer. it could be what they want us to believe.

oh wait... whose they?
do i smell conspiracy?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

anyone?

anyone?

Oh....My....Gods!!!

Not again!!!

What ever you do do NOT listen to WeedWacker. He will deceive you! I suggest you learn the REAL TRUTH by clicking HERE

sincerely,
-Alien

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

oh wait... whose they?
do i smell conspiracy?

If you feel it's worthy of a conspiracy, then just Google "chem trails, Morgellans barium" and spend a few days going through what comes back.

There is at least one good current discussion in ATS concerning Morgellans, and a number of other posts on chemtrails as well.

The sad part is, at this stage of the game, I would not trust our government to tell us the truth about anything except how much tax we owe...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Alien????

I'm trying to deceive

Since when is describing the reality of the Air Traffic Control System and its procedures considered deceitful???

Anyone who claims that passenger jets 'spray' chemicals is being deceitful, and cannot be trusted. It's already been proven on a thread started with a picture from Ted Twitmeir of an alleged 'sprayer'....the equipment in THAT photo has been shown to be a re-fueling pod...dozens of people, people who worked with the type of airplane, came in to post, and Ted actually retracted his claims (well, sort of).

So, Alien....I recommend you do some actual reesearch into the realities of commercial aviation. Unfortunately, I doubt you will because anything that doesn't conform to your pre-conceived notions will simply be overlooked....shame.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

A friend of mine whose fighting the good battle against the govt. machine hinted to me that they're releasing chemicals that in essence... stupify the masses.

If that is really true, then this entire thread is evidence to that fact, lol.

There are no systematic "chemtrails" being sprayed on populations, period. Outside of certain atmospheric experiments (that are well documented and publicly available) there is ZERO evidence that this conspiracy does in fact exist. You really have to "ignore the facts" in order to be fooled into believing such a widespread, systematic use of chemical agents being spray daily on the world's population.

Deny ignorance, my friend, don't site on your girlfriend's roof and inhale it for crying out loud.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not claiming to be an expert here, but one thing crossed my mind while reading through this thread...

Isn't Manhattan a no-fly zone? Hasn't it been ever since 9/11, just like the Pentagon and the White House?

Yes, there are multiple airports in NYC, but none in Manhattan. The only traffic allowed to fly directly over Manhattan is by helicopter, and that traffic is strictly regulated. (Not an expert, just what I read in the news).

All other traffic is supposedly routed around the island.

Now regarding these planes, the contrails produced by airplanes happens when water vapor (a by-product of the engines) freezes in high altitude cold. Due to what they are, contrails can only last for a short time, before disappating into the atmosphere.

I'm no expert on these things, and I'll admit I haven't read up on chemtrails in years, but these are the thoughts that occurred to me while reading.

Oh, and also, shame on those seeking to portray crabmeat's smoking as causing a visual artifact. I'm not supporting use and/or abuse of the substance in question, but let's not pretend that it stimulates hallucinations. It isn't a hallucinogen. It may have slowed his/her judgement and processing capabilities, but use of this particular drug most certainly would not cause him/her to see something that wasn't there.

One final note, and once again I haven't read up on Chemtrails in years, but wasn't there trace evidence taken of some of the spray? Contrails are incapable of leaving such evidence, as the water vapor would heat up before reaching the surface...

-WFA

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hi crabmeat. This may help explain contrails a little better for ya....

Contrails form when hot humid air from jet exhaust mixes with environmental air of low vapor pressure and low temperature. The mixing is a result of turbulence generated by the engine exhaust. Cloud formation by a mixing process is similar to the cloud you see when you exhale and "see your breath".

If you are attentive to contrail formation and duration, you will notice that they can rapidly dissipate or spread horizontally into an extensive thin cirrus layer. How long a contrail remains intact, depends on the humidity structure and winds of the upper troposphere. If the atmosphere is near saturation, the contrail may exist for sometime. On the other hand, if the atmosphere is dry then as the contrail mixes with the environment it dissipates.

source

It really just depends on atmospheric conditions. Different layers of the atmosphere will react differently with aircraft engine exhaust.

I myself don't give any weight to "chemtrails". Not to say that there isn't some atmospheric manipulation in the name of science experiments. But I would be careful before getting sucked into the whole "paranoid, chemtrail, government is poisening us" theories. If you do you will not be able to see past the chemtrial/contrail and see the beauty of the blue sky behind it. I've seen it too many times here, as soon as a person gets up and goes outside, they're counting contrails and crying poison.

I'd be just a little more worried about the cheech and chong-ing.

Rush

new topics

top topics

join