It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly
Hope you had a good one, WOQ!

And a happy new year to everyone! Let's hope it's a relatively quiet one for big quakes.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I haven't been around for while (been really busy with my book writing!), but I wanted to stop in an wish everyone a Good, positive New Year!

AND...I have been feeling a bit edgy lately. I am feeling drawn back to the monitors again and feel like there is another big one looming. Hopefully it will be in a remote location.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Hi Westcoast.

I have been watching the PNW because of all the rain you all have been getting. Noticed that nice one around the "Juan De Fuch".

All this water. Could it help something slip?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Hi!!

I think that most scientist agree that high amounts of surface water can have an affect, but I don't think there is any agreed theory on just how much that is.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Well, I guess to ask everyone's thought, Are you seeing more micro quakes that I or anyone else can't see.

I got a new computer a time back, and I still can't figure how to add GEE> My computer accepted the program, but it won't let me open it. Weird!!!I

I just let it go. I have so much real life stuff going on, I just left it alone.

I have this weekend off. Could you help me figure out how to install this correctly? If you have the time.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Not living on the West Coast, My question would be, Where is that water going when it goes underground.

We know that the "Devils Hole" was affected by a earthquake in Mexico.

Does anyone have a better understanding of where this water goes, and how it effects the west coast.

I have been searching for information about this. But I can't seem to find anything more than the last video, which was posted some time back.
edit on 2-1-2015 by crappiekat because: sp

edit on 2-1-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

My old laptop stopped running GEE and I finally got a new one now, but haven't downloaded GEE yet. I don't know if the bugs have been fixed in it or not, but it stopped working for so long, that I gave up on it.

As the water...in my area, most of it eventually feeds back out into the ocean, via several large rivers in the area. I do remember a post from sometime ago on another thread though, where they spoke of massive underground water systems on the west coast.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Yes, That is what I am refering too. I was able to find the thread on the Mexican quake, but I can't find the one about the underground water tube in Cali.

Thank you, I know I did read about them. They have to be here, Just have to put the correct words into the search engine.

Hope you have a good nite, I have got be off to sleep.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I think there was an article about it linked (I remember a map?) In my thread on Wahington State...or the 'Putting it all Together' thread I did from a few years ago.

***Edit to add: Found it! It was from our friend, CLPrime: Link to map
edit on 2-1-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Thank you.

That's the thread I believe I was thinking of.

Off to work on this balmy 20 degree morning.

Will check out later.

To All, Have a wonderful and Safe weekend.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Merry 2015 to all of my earthquake sensing friends!

So, anyone else feeling any unease? I could not go to bed last night, because I was drawn to keep watching for a sizeable quake. Nothing has happened, but I still feel that indescribable "draw" to watch the seismos.
As usual, I'm drawn the San Andreas fault, but really no place specific is standing out to me.

I hope this is just some goofy, passing unease, unrelated to the earth....
edit on 1/11/2015 by Olivine because: fix wonky wording

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Hi!

We've been feeling it too.
Been watching along the Atlantic fault line.
Some activity in Southern Mid-Atlantic,
Jan Mayen, Visokoi Island, Reykjanes Ridge.

Seems like pressure is being put on the whole length of it.
Easter Island, Panama & Chile in the same time period too.
Probably could still be from Panama's 6.6,
but interesting none the less!

WOQ

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
And how did I know you all would be here, hmmm?
Happy New Year everyone....

I've been feeling a bit rough for a few days, with a couple of very bad days last week, just couldn't get out of bed days, and there is another train of storms rolling in over the UK like last year, one weather bomb after another, so I think that would account for some of what I'm feeling. But...

This mid atlantic ridge thing worries me a huge amount, and were talking late last night about where we could go on holiday for a week or so. Other half mentioned La Palma, and my response was NO!!! Not ever!!! I've been watching Cumbre Vieja for years, and it really bothers me, but last nights dream was a doozie.....I was standing at the bottom of a cliff face maybe 80 feet high, and watching it crumble into the sea. Nothing would stabilise it or stop it. I don't remember my dreams often, so this is unusual for me.

My head kinda hurts this morning, which usually means Alaska, or Reykjanes, but we will see. I just feel all glued up, and sluggish, but maybe more to do with the weather. "Run for the hills" has also been in evidence big time, that feeling I get when I wonder where I would move to and the first thing I look at is elevation. So yeah....a definite feeling of unease, I would say.

Hope you all have a better day.....
Will check in later.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Merry 2015 to all of my earthquake sensing friends!

So, anyone else feeling any unease? I could not go to bed last night, because I was drawn to keep watching for a sizeable quake. Nothing has happened, but I still feel that indescribable "draw" to watch the seismos.
As usual, I'm drawn the San Andreas fault, but really no place specific is standing out to me.

I hope this is just some goofy, passing unease, unrelated to the earth....

Yup! I was just thinking about an hour ago, how my need to check the seismos is growing. It hasn't happened for awhile.

I first started feeling this way a couple of weeks ago, and with the big ones in the past, it was about two weeks before they happened. So, we'll see!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hey all. Got a ring in my ear pretty decently about 5 mins ago and just thought about the thread and wondered how everyone is? Seems I am not alone that something might be up. I have been so busy lately.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rbkruspe

have had ear ringing and whistling on and off all day today.....hmmmmmm........

apart from that, symptoms haven't been too bad, although I'm off to check solar stuff, as I've had palpitations today for the first time in absolutely ages.

stay safe everyone. xxx

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Craving popcorn right now.
It's been awhile since that's happened!

Feeling a little antsy too.

WOQ

edit on 19-1-2015 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well well well... Tazewell TN is according to my iPhone map, 514 miles away from me. I am in VA. Around the time of the quake I was feeling pretty crappy indeed. Today has been pretty blah in general. I just felt rather dead... tired and such. Interesting too, that around sundown I noticed some of those "Quake clouds" coming from the west. If you all arent familiar with that, I will find a pic and post it.

Also, of note I heard someone earlier talk about seeing a fireball shoot through the sky while I was out shopping. I am going to check on that though.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hi guys...

We had a 3,2 earthquake last night in the UK, a bit further south than we are here, maybe 350 miles, but it's still a very unusual event for us. There was also a 4 pointer near Kodiak Island. I'm just mentioning it, because I spent most of Tuesday with a thundering headache, and no internet to check the charts...frustrating. And now my headache is back with a vengeance in the last two hours, so we will see what happens. Off to find some painkillers.......

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Feel better Caitlinfae.
The Mendocino Triple Junction area is still acting up, after yesterdays' Mag 5.7. Another sizeable aftershock in the past 30 minutes.

originally posted by: westcoast
I first started feeling this way a couple of weeks ago, and with the big ones in the past, it was about two weeks before they happened. So, we'll see!

Two weeks you say? Hmm, you made that comment 11 days ago. Do you still feel like something is building?

I've been monitoring all things PNW pretty solidly for the past month. The past few mornings have been entertaining watching the steam venting from Rainier. (that's normal btw, I don't want anyone freaking out)

Yesterday, I checked the GPS station nearest the Ferndale, CA epicenter (before the quake) and I didn't notice any obvious precursor deformation.

I just have this nagging feeling that Cascadia is being sneaky; preparing for a surprise attack.

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join