It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if long long ago we had interstella travel in a lost civilisation on Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
First off, its 'interstellar' and 'civilization'. Secondly, maybe there was a civilization before us that reached deep space and left earth to live there. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have a theory; Think about the history of this country.It is based on very bad things. The colonists who came over here killed millions of Native Americans.They would give the Native Americans blankets with smallpox in them. Killed millions in the slave trade.Even conducted eperiments on subjects giving them diseases like the men of the Tuskegee Experiments, when men were given syhillus.And I personally believe that Aids is a man made virus which almost anybody who knows anything about how viruses work will tell you that HIV/Aids is structured like it has been engineered.And the people involved in these things were running the country and or built it.Our own political leaders have been killed by our own government (JFK).President Clinton got brains in the Oval Office, and Bush stormed into Iraq for oil.It is obvious to ME, that if these people who are running the country could do all of these things, than of course it wouldn't be to hard to believe that some scientists or museums could cover-up evidence of this nature.I believe that ancient flight and interstellar travel was acheived by ancient civilizations, but may never know.:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
that's all great and all but there is one huge flaw...
if earth collided with something THAT big, we'd all be dead.........

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
How about this; Babolonyian law states that flying is of the utmost privledge, the science was past down from the ancients to save many lives.

Jay

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ok if there was a civilization capable of interstellar travel, I don't belive we would find any evidence. We only find ruins from rough the last 10000 years or so, give or take a couple thousand years. If a race developed during the time of Dinosaurs then the evidence they would have left would have degraded by our time. Nothing man made last's for long, ah yes lets talk about fossilization, why no bodys? We bury our dead in coffins, what says they didn't. You can't fossilize something in a coffin, How about a mummy?
I don't think a mummy would last more then 20, 000 or so years before it to degrades to its basic elements. Basically degrades in to worm bait. Any evidence from that time if it did occur would be so long gone that we would never know about it. Know i do belive that science today is hiding evidence of some sort, what it is i don't know. Do i think they have the right to hide it, no i don't think that. But here is a question as a society, do you think we are ready to know that there was another race? We in America our so bent on going the religious route, right now thanks to the country being run that way. That if an alien or hell another race native to the earth were found, the whole dam place would be in an uphevel.
Think about it only a certian percentage actually belives we are not alone in the universe. The other percentage still belives that we are alone, and ment to rule the universe. Maybe the don't belive that, but they do belive we are alone, and there is no chance life developed any where but here. These people would flip if any evidence that would show we are not alone in the least bit. They would demand the government cover it up, or discredit anyone who stands behind the evidence. I personnelly think we already know, or have some type of evidence that other races have visited us, or that other races exist. Not saying its like Area 51 from the movie Independance Day, where we have full on bodys, but hey you never know. I think one day we will wake up, and a ship will be hovering over some city, and something will step out and say HI DAY welcome to the galaxy. But this i belive is not in the near future, because as a society we are not ready, when we learn to live with each other no matter race, sexual preference, and religous backround. Also i belive with this I also have to say we might not get any contact till we actually start to move out into space. But only after all this will we be ready for contact with another race, and this is a long way off for us. But that my two cents on this whole deal.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There is so much room in the history of the Earth for civilizations to have come and gone, it’s mind boggling. From all estimates, our solar system has been here for around 4.5 billion years, and the civilization that we acknowledge is only 5 or 6,000 years old and certainly no more than 10,000 years. The dinosaurs “ruled” the world for approximately 65 million years, and went extinct around 65 million years ago. If it took us even 10,000 years to go from hunting and gathering in groups to exploring our solar system, then how many other civilizations could have reached the same level in the same amount of time, or even exceeded our current level of technology? My handy dandy calculator says there would be room for 6500 civilizations, each 10,000 years old. Now, what happens if the last civilization before us was extremely lucky, and lasted 20,000 or even 40,000 years? What would they have been capable of?

I’ve been reading The Sirius Mystery by Robert Temple. His assumption is that 5,000 years ago amphibious humanoids from the Sirius star system came here and gave humanity the tools to develop civilization. His argument is very compelling, as there are not one but at least 3 cultures on the earth that claim that they were given the skills of civilization by just such creatures. One of the groups is the Dogan, an African tribe. Through their rituals, they give a detailed description of the Sirius star system, and claim that is exactly what it is. They identified the Sirius star system as being made up of 3 stars with several planets. This was first reported in 1931 by a group of French anthropologists who visited the tribe. The unique thing is that Sirius A is an extremely bright star and it’s light completely hides both Sirius B and C. As a matter of fact, Sirius B was finally imaged in 1962 and Sirius C was accepted by astronomers to exist in 1995.
Temple believes that they knew this because they handed down the information given them by the occupants of that star system, the very same amphibious humanoids recorded by both the Chaldeans and the Chinese. he goes on to explain that the location of certain oracle sites established by the Greeks and various myths give the same information through analogy, right down to the period of rotation of Sirius B and C around Sirius A, and the existence of planets harboring life in that system. He specifically mentions the story of Jason and the Argonauts in their search for the Golden Fleece. At that point, I realized something.

What would have happened if, as I said in the beginning, there was a civilization that was 20,000 years old, and what if they developed the technology to travel to the Sirius Star system (about 7.8 light years away)? I began to wonder if maybe the story of Jason was an account of that trip, and due to a catastrophe that caused the end of that civilization, their crowning achievement of visiting another star system and mapping it wag reduced to myth and legend over the generations.

I began to wonder what could that catastrophe have been, and naturally the first thing that came to mind was the flood that again, shows up in nearly every culture on earth. Or maybe it was something bigger. Something that would have totally destroyed that civilization that it would leave very few if any artifacts. And there is. Since science is based on theory, it is not set in stone, or absolutely infallible. In 1976, the Giant Impact theory of the creation of the moon was put forth,. Basically, it theorizes that a body the approximate size of Mars built up in the L4 position formed by the earth and the sun, and over a few hundred years drifted into the earth’s orbit and delivered a glancing blow. The impact destroyed it and sent a large part of the earth’s mantle into orbit around the earth, resulting in a debris ring that eventually coalesced into the moon. There is reason to believe that the point of impact was where the Pacific Ocean is now. Now, what happens if that did not happen near the early formation of the earth as the theory supposes, but happened after that last great civilization visited Sirius. Very few would have survived, but those that did would certainly have remember the greatness that was their civilization, and the story of the epic journey would have devolved into myth and legend. Maybe the debris ring was the “bow” that God put in the sky promising never to flood the earth again. And now you may ask, where did the Sirians come in? Maybe they had limited space travel capabilities when they were visited, and the contact gave them the inspiration to develop the ability to travel to our system. Maybe it took several of our generations to develop the technology, and when they finally arrived, the civilization that they expected to find was gone, and they took it on themselves to help us rebuild that civilization. And maybe, just maybe they are out there right now, waiting to renew that relationship formed so long ago.

I have to apologize for the length of this entry, but it’s a pretty detailed subject- and admittedly it leads to a lot of supposition. Any opinions?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Allegedly an ancient manuscript written in the 4th Century BC Discovered in Tibet and Lhasa by the Chinese:

The documents are sent to Dr. Ruth Reyna, University of Chandigarh, for translation and special comments. Dr. Reyna’s findings are eye opening. She declares that the manuscripts contain the following:

1. Directions for building interstellar spaceships with a method of propulsion that are essentially anti-gravitational. The method was similar to that of laghima, the power of man’s ego. It is described as ’a centrifugal force strong enough to counteract all gravitational pull’. Hindu Yogis claim it is a man’s laghima that allows for his body to levitate (rise defying gravity).

2. These machines are called astras.

3. The text also contains claims that ancient Indians could have sent detachments of men onto any planet.

4. The secrets of antima (cover of invisibility) and of garima (method of making one’s body as heavy as ’a mountain of lead’) are revealed. The Chinese are including certain parts of this data in their space program research and study.

5. It has mention of a planned trip to the moon.Source

If you like that one...how about Ancient Astronauts(AA)

AAs first came to Earth many millennia ago. They were beings whose biology was similar to modern humans. They created modern mankind by mixing their genetic makeup with that of sub-humans. The purpose of mankind was to serve the AAs, principally by providing food and mining and construction labor. The AAs did not allow humans to view them – only their symbols (idols), suggesting that their appearance was frightening; however humans were occasionally permitted to see their emissaries, e.g. "geniuses" and "angels". They also would not allow humans near them, except priests who had cleansed and covered themselves and spread a germicide, suggesting their susceptibility to earthly diseases. They apparently moved about the Earth in spacecraft using chemical fuel, and only landed on mountaintops or other rocky outcroppings; this reduced the dust and provided physical protection from humans, and disease controlSource

Don't know how much faith i'd put in these "sources", but there are plenty of theories out there. All with their own "evidences"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join