It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The chief astronomer says those beliefs don't contradict faith in God

Funes said that ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom.

Source: Vatican: It's ok to believe in Aliens. @ MSNBC.com

Interesting. Thoughts?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
We got more debatable proof of aliens etc then God.Not saying i dont believe in God either.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
With the news of 'markers of life' within our galaxy and others, the UK releasing UFO video and now this, it seems like we are getting warmed up for something.
More and more UFO/Alien info is coming to light almost daily now.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I thought someone would be all over this hours ago. Straight out of drudge 6 hrs ago. Guys are losing your touch

I find it interesting this comes out of the vatican 'now'.
Keep looking up.
Now british x is disclosing file sightings too? Timing is everything I guess. Occums razor...bolderdash.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I have long thought that we are being slowly (ever so slowly) being prepared for the truth of the fact that there is alien life out there. And maybe more than a few spieces with varying interests in us.

After all it seems to me pure hubris for mankind to claim the station he thinks he currently occupies.
We are most likely just one drop in a sea of life.

This doesn't mean I believe in the "Great Sky Brothers" or any other such hogwash about aliens coming to save ourselves from ourselves. We originally expected our gods to do that and now that we see it just isn't so we are now looking towards the stars for the mythical daddy come to save our physical lives from all our self generated woes. When in the end, our fate is our own to make and/or destroy.

Sorry for the tangent.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
No tangent WA. I've always thought the same thing. Seems they are stepping it up a notch though lately. Hmmmm. Where is Prophet Yahweh when you need him. Seriously though. There is a method pattern here.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I am of the opinion mankind (as a whole) tends to not move forward unless prodded.
By the historic great minds, by this or by that.
I think this is just more prodding, from without rather than within.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
At last! Something that rings of the truth!

Not because i want it to be so, but because it has the sound of truth for once!

Very interesting, after all, the universe could be full of God's children.

Nothing wrong with that at all, and totally understandable.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Very interesting, after all, the universe could be full of God's children.

I think it is. Seeing as to how I think "God" and "universe" are pretty much the same thing. Goes more involved than that of coursem but I am not out to convert anyone.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Man William Cooper sure knew what he was talking about. "Behold a Pale Horse"

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
the source of this thread is excellent in it's simplicity.

"If there are aliens, they're still G*ds' children"

People always look at me like i have two heads when i tell them that i'm spiritual but at the same time believe in the very high probability that extra terrestrial life exists.

I hope that the government decides to disclose it's information soon Wraoth. Right now, the lack of knowledge and the disinformation in our culture concerning truly important matters will certainly be our downfall unless someone acts soon and enlightens everyone.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why does aliens have to be created by God?What if aliens are our God?What if aliens were here before God?

[edit on 14-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Why does aliens have to be created by God?What if aliens are our God?What if aliens where here before God?

Or ... maybe WE'RE the aliens and THEY'RE the humans ... ever think of that?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

We got more debatable proof of aliens etc then God.Not saying i dont believe in God either.

"aliens THAN G*d.*"

Why does aliens have to be created by God?What if aliens are our God?What if aliens where here before God?

"why DO aliens" "aliens WERE here"

every time you disrespect basic laws of grammar, a little piece of me dies.

The existence of G*D requires no proof. The existence of aliens does.

Aliens do not have to be created by G*d, but if the G*d that most people believe in, does exist; he also created the aliens. (because he created everything)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Where is proof of God?Something that a bible states.Some people require proof of God thats called a atheist.As for aliens,people do state they have seen them as opposed to God.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

And some people use the concept of aliens to supplant the concept of a "God".
One thing about what people say.
It's best ignored most of the time.

And in my view the idea of a "creator" god is rather silly.
To me the "creator" and the "creation" are one and the same.
I don't think of "God" as some outside force.
That being said I do believe in a concept of a "God" just not one that say the Christians do.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Where is proof of God?Something that a bible states.Some people require proof of God thats called a atheist.As for aliens,people do state they have seen them as opposed to God.

What do you mean? Plenty of people claim to have seen God. Haven't you ever read out-of-body or near-death experiences?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think the timing of the Vatican and Brits may be somehow related to NASA's 'big announcement. Could be wrong.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Its a possibility.
Though I wouldn't hold my breath.
I am thinking NASA's announcement is going to be something mundane and built up.
Sort of like when they "found" dark matter.
Though I kinda laugh about that.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'd like everyone to know that aliens will be revealed to us in 2022. I got that information from a private reliable source, but no way am I suggesting you buy into it or beileve it, simple its what I herd. Anyway I'd like to add as mentioned we're getting more and more information about ET day by day. Thats just conditioning us and getting us used to the idea. Untill that day I see them with my own eyes I will never be sure. Like most of you, I just have a strong feeling theres more out there then what we know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join