It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Struggle of the lesbos island!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Although.
Why would they sue. I don't think most Americans will want to go to an island who sued them.

Just throwing it out there.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
For the attention. No matter they win or not, it is free promotion.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It may be free promotion.

But then they become known as the island who sued the U.S. not a fun get away anymore.

Maybe to some people it won't matter.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I personally think that they should get over it. There are many things, even unsavory things that are named after people, places or things. They should mark Sappho and her poems which lead to them being called lesbians as national history and move on.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I agree. I think they are making mountains out of mole hills or however the saying goes. Most people didn't know of the island until know. So people didn't make a connection to the island. So what if we do make this connection. I think most people would agree to likeing lesbians.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Lez bo.. i believe goes back to the ancient Greeks... I remember reading about it in Bulfinch's Mythology book ...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by guadalupejoe

Yes guadalupejoe, we have already covered the fact that the word lesbians comes from the greek island of lesbos. Did you even read the thread?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think that is Just retarted.I am a "Lesbian" myself,and The word doesn't bother me at all,or other lesbians I know.I'm proud of being a lesbian,I don't think theres any harm in the word at all.Thanks for posting this,Because I haven't heard about it.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
okay I just looked it up,didn't notice that the islanders weren't lesbians haha wow.Okay but I still don't think the islanders should be getting offended by the word.Who really is going to go to Lesbo island and looking towards a bunch of lesbians.Thats just insane and funny.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think they are sueing for just copyright or just clerification of the name. When people think of Lesbos they think of Lesbians not the island and I think they want people to think of the island not lesbians. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join