It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whos the biggest threat to our national security?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I read alot on this board bout whos gonna start this next war etc with conflicting issues and interests we have in global regions.Would it be China,Russia,Iran or N Korea?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
United States of North America [-Goverment-]

[edit on 12-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I would say we are most likely to start the next war, but I really don't think it has a lot to do with national security. It could be security related if we are going after oil and Peak Oil is worse than we know.

Genuine threat to our security though? I would have to go with China. They more or less own our economy. They are finally spending on their military and modernizing it.

North Korea is not a threat to anyone but South Korea. Iran is not a real threat to the US, but is probably capable of doing severe damage to Israel. Currently, I think Russia is more concerned about their own country than they are about us ATM. So, again I will say China would be the biggest threat from your list.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I can only speak for most of the UK, but I doubt it would be some nation across the sea but actually back home on our little islands. The threat will come in the form of the Chav/Chavette (they are largely seen as a regression of British Society back to some quasi-caveman level).

Even the lazy councils have been taking steps to notify the already aware public of the threat.

Little joke aside, I am quite serious. Most of the people who fall under the Chav classification have nothing to live for and seem to revel in mindless thuggery and destruction. This is a Social problem that as been 50 or so years in the making and each generation is worse then the one before it. You can't even shame them since every attempt at shaming, joking/ ridiculing them plays into their hands as they take it as a honour. Worst of all the PC and Laws these days renders them practically immune to most serious charges. Only time they get any half way decent prison times is if they do some truly awful and there is a massive public outcry over that event.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Marshall Ormus]

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Marshall Ormus]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It isn't known, but there still is a Cold War with Russia still going on. I don't really know. I'd say Israel, it's a very prominent power but not a superpower. China isn't likely, we are way too dependent on each other.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

Chavs seem to be a huge issue over there. What does your government have to say about it? Why not crack down on them? I see you are passing laws that are increasing the penalties for pot use, but nothing DIRECTLY addressing the Chavs. It seems that the people are fed up with it, is the govt just ignoring the issue?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We are the biggest threat to our own National Security...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The answer would seem obvious, IMO. Its the country that is still aiming a few thousand nuclear weapons at us (and us at them) and likely will be well into the forseeable future. Russia is the #1 security threat to the United States.

With the Russians, I worry more about accidental launches more than anything. So they may not be a traditional security threat, but its also the only case where if something goes wrong, the result could easily be the end of most human civilization. Nothing else really comes close to that.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Whos the biggest threat to our national security?

1 - Radical Islamic Terrorists and their Islamic sympathizers.
2 - Those who refuse to secure our borders.
3 - Appeasers of radical Islamic terrorists and the politicians who refuse to secure our borders.

[edit on 5/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The Government over here is hung-up on the mutual Economy worries, ongoing scandals (Cash for Honours) and as usual Bio-medical debates regarding embryo and Super bugs. As well as Burma's response to aid propositions and likely a similar case regarding China's recent Earth Quake.

I guess if they keep faffing about the Super bugs will deal with the Chavs aswell as everyone else in a catch 22 or so situation so they don't have to deal with either until there are only traces of both left.

-------

Also regarding those mentioning Nukes, Most Nuclear Powers have each of the other power (including "friendlies" at least partially) targeted as a Contingency plan should relations break down very quickly or that power gets couped and their systems fall in "enemy" hands.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's Forum Moderator Lombozo. Thats the biggest threat to our national security. I mean when this guy starts a thinkin. Whoo boy watch out! It's just a matter of time before he starts a thinkin about national security and we are all in big trouble

Just kiddin of course. The real biggest threat to our national security is anti gun laws. Taking our arms away from us is a huge threat to our security as a soverign nation.

If we as citizens can not protect ourselves from outside invaders how can we expect to protect ourselves from the Government if we finnaly decide that it has become too corrupt and we demand change?

[edit on 5/12/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm with CzErased. The biggest threat is the government itself, though I'm sure some countries may not fall into that situation. But for me, in the USA, the first thing I thought of when I read the topic for this thread was, "It's our government." How sad is that?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sure this is EZ

The financial centers in wall street and their paid off congressmen (lacking a backbone) in Washington.

The financial centers are getting desperate and are becoming more reckless to stay afloat. They are now depending on Oil and food speculation for their profits. This is in effect reducing the quality of life for everyone else in america (by reducing disposable income).

Bush and the gang had their puppets tell farmers that food speculation was all in their mind. Boy, .... what people will say to keep raking in billions. Not like the analysts would have a job if they said otherwise, they know who butters their bread and so should you.

Food shortages and rising energy and food prices are the single biggest threat to this country and the world IMO and will be a reason other starving countrys would want to attack us. Big ag (monsanto) is raking in the profits as well. And other elitiests could care less if their policy's indirectly starve those who they see as certainly not the financially fittest, especially when the financial industry needs this cash cow.

Only massive protests will stop this desperate game. Stop food speculation, then stop oil speculation, SPREAD THE WORD.

should enough american feel the hunger pains and become aware of a giant reason for this, they will act, seems like Washington will need to distract people (when unrest rises) unless they plan on regulating the markets. Otherwise they may try to sweep this under the perverted manipulated umbrella of Global warming- WATCH.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by cpdaman]

join