It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Still Loyal To His Church

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti

Can't substitute "white for black"...

Please do your homework and do something useful before you spew about how racist black people are

[edit on 14-5-2008 by realshanti]

You're pretty much proving my point, here. Imagine a church that promoted White superiority and devotion to the Aryan nations. It becomes intolerant and racist to you, doesn't it? Sorry, but it works both ways. This is such a simple point, and I'm not sure if you're unwilling or unable to grasp it, but think about it for a minute without replying about how oppressed "your people" are.

Furthermore, I never said anything about how racist "black people" are. However, in my opinion, Reverend Wright is a racist and so is Obama and anyone who subscribes to that church's ideals.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inceptor

Originally posted by realshanti

Can't substitute "white for black"...

Please do your homework and do something useful before you spew about how racist black people are

[edit on 14-5-2008 by realshanti]

You're pretty much proving my point, here. Imagine a church that promoted White superiority and devotion to the Aryan nations. It becomes intolerant and racist to you, doesn't it? Sorry, but it works both ways. This is such a simple point, and I'm not sure if you're unwilling or unable to grasp it, but think about it for a minute without replying about how oppressed "your people" are.

Furthermore, I never said anything about how racist "black people" are. However, in my opinion, Reverend Wright is a racist and so is Obama and anyone who subscribes to that church's ideals.

but that is the point, Interceptor!! I don't have to imagine it because that was the case here for four hundred years
don't you get it???....It does not "work" both ways because history didn't play out "both ways" in this country.....Whites had and still have institutional power over black communities...the civil rights movement was a good start but flawed as all movements are...there is more to learn or unlearn as the case may be...

Simply because you grew up without slave history ingrained in your family tree does NOT negate the experience for millions of others who did grow up with that consciousness, and who continue to experience varying levels of prejudice against their skin color, from racially motivated murder to extreme and illegal prison sentences, to discrimination in housing and lending practices...thats the short list...so when someone gets angry about these very real issues and speaks out passionately I take the time to listen carefully...

Wright does not offend me in the slightest....ignorance offends me....the patent refusal to walk a mile in another's shoes offends me....over and out...
realshanti

[edit on 19-5-2008 by realshanti]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So what you're saying is, it's ok for blacks to be racist, but when whites behave the same way, it's unacceptable? Sorry, but having "slavery in your family tree" does not entitle you to be exempt from the same standards that the rest of Americans are held to.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Inceptor]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inceptor
So what you're saying is, it's ok for blacks to be racist, but when whites behave the same way, it's unacceptable? Sorry, but having "slavery in your family tree" does not entitle you to be exempt from the same standards that the rest of Americans are held to.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Inceptor]

Perhaps you misunderstand my post???...I am saying that a people speaking out against racial injustice in a country that has historically exploited and murdered them are NOT racist but simply telling the truth as they understand it! So why should I take offense?

And whose standards have been distressed? No standards have been disturbed from my point of view ...and one last question..."the rest of Americans"...?

but no worries ....its an ongoing discussion - room for everybody

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join