Obama Still Loyal To His Church

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Speaking of church ... HERE is multi-millionaire Michelle Obama's gospel of misery.

Questions Obama STILL refuses to answer

Originally posted by semperfortis
he still claims association with the church.

Have you seen the new pastor of that church? Otis Moss is just like the rest. Unfreak'n believeable. So called 'black liberation theology' ala James Cone. (paraphrase) - we won't worship God unless he unites with us in war against the white man.

one must ask if he supports the views expressed in the bulletins.

OF COURSE he does. If he didn't then he would have gotten up and walked out ... just like OPRAH did. (at least she had the good sense to!)

Sen. Obama's presidential campaign declined to comment for this article,

No surprise there.

If Senator Obama is intending on running this country, do we need a leader that supports, actively or not, such divisive rhetoric?

HELL NO! Mr. "unity" really isn't into unity at all. If he were, he would have left that cesspool years ago. He never would have taken 'Uncle Wright' as his mentor and spiritual advisor. He wouldn't be subjecting those two little girls of his to the crap that is spewed in that so-called 'church'.

“Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.”

(Quoted in William R Jones, "Divine Racism: The Unacknowledged Threshold Issue for Black Theology", in African-American Religious Thought: An Anthology, ed Cornel West and Eddie Glaube.)

Originally posted by bigbert81
we all know a man's church is the most important thing going in this election.

When it comes to being POTUS .. it ALL is important. And the American people are capable of discussing the war, health care, AND what motivates a potential POTUS. It doesn't have to be one item or the other. It needs to be ALL.

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Obama is multi-racial, so it just doesn't make sense to me.

Read his book. He shook off the white part of him a long time ago.
'US' is black people. 'THEM' is white people.
Listen here in his own words

any ORGANIZATION that espouses and upholds racist and divisive view points.

That 'church' is the black version of the KKK. Nothing more.

If Obama were a white guy and had been going to KKK meetings for 20+ years - under the guise of a 'church' - and had 'close mentors and advisors' who were high ranking KKK members then YOU BETCHYA it would be an issue. It SHOULD be an issue.

I'm sick of seeing all this irrelevant propaganda being spread about him,

FACTS. Not propaganda. FACTS.

while people are ignoring the real issues about the candidates.

Obama being a racist IS an issue. It goes right to the heart of who he is and what will motivate him and his decision making.

Originally posted by Karlhungis
It isn't like Obama is running against Mother Teresa and Ghandi. He is running against McCain and Clinton.

All three major candidates need to be vetted.

Obama = CFR. He's a racist. He has no experience.
Clinton = CFR. And she lies and lies and lies and lies.
McCain = CFR. And he's a pro-war one term lame duck.

So why not vote for Ron Paul or one of these people who are running. Vote for the RIGHT person .. not just the least worst. Don’t vote for someone just because they can win … vote for the right person.

...this church and affiliation stuff is getting extremely old

Just because you are bored with it doesn't make it any less valid of a point to discuss.

for some reason the people here on ATS, including yourself, seem to focus your concerns and energies based on Obama's church affiliation and his associates.

The REASON is because it's important. It's ALL important. Obamabots want to whitewash it all .... but the fact is that these things are important for ALL the candidates. Obama too.

(and his 'church affiliation' is more than just a 'church affiliation' ... )

Here are sever threads of mine ...

I did the same thing. I posted other threads that I started about McCain and what I posted what I think about Hillary ... It did no good.

It's not right that there is so much already about this, yet barely anything about things I've mentioned.

Then YOU should quit whining about it and go start the threads that you think need to be started.

Originally posted by Sublime620
What are you honestly concerned about with this? That black America will enslave you?

I do see several, several posts in this same subject area attacking Obama's church affiliations,

Have you counted the anti-bush threads?
- bush the war criminal
- bush the murderer
- bush the antichrist
- bush the evil one
- bush the blah blah blah

over and over and over and over and over and over and over ....

So Berti .. since you are so ... 'observant' ... about alleged multiple threads on the same subject, can I expect to see you frequenting the anti-Bush threads with the same energy that you do the threads that are exposing obama's lies and misdirections?

[edit on 5/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Aaaaaand the BIGGEST Obamatron of them all shows up to set everyone straight.

FACTS. Not propaganda. FACTS.

Hmmm, apparently you are not familiar with the definition of 'propaganda'. Here, allow me:

prop·a·gan·da Audio Help /ˌprɒpəˈgændə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prop-uh-gan-duh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.
4. Roman Catholic Church.
a. a committee of cardinals, established in 1622 by Pope Gregory XV, having supervision over foreign missions and the training of priests for these missions.
b. a school (College of Propaganda) established by Pope Urban VIII for the education of priests for foreign missions.
5. Archaic. an organization or movement for the spreading of propaganda.

There you go.

And about the racist stuff, you're looking at it all wrong through those Obama goggles you've got on. These preachers and many of the people grew up during segregation. They're not anti-white, they're anti-racism, and the racism they are victims of comes from white people. You have to look at things a bit deeper than you have been.

And as far as the Bush question, go and hit the 'recent posts' button, and tell me how many anti-Bush threads you see. Yet there are a constant number of Obama associates, or Obama says '57 states', or other stuff like that. Now, tell me why you suppose that is.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Aaaaaand the BIGGEST Obamatron of them all shows up

YAHOO! berti admits he's an Obamatron!

(admitting the problem is half the battle!

'propaganda'.

FACTS. Its' called vetting the candidate by exposing facts.

These preachers and many of the people grew up during segregation.

Otis Moss didn't. Wright didnt' suffer from it.
And even if they did, it's not an excuse for what they spew.

They're not anti-white, they're anti-racism,

You sure about that? Have you read the book by James Cone which all their so called 'black liberation theology' is based on? I've read a bunch of it (not finished with it). It's a load of ethno-babble.

(did you see the quote from the book I posted? That's racism.)

hit the 'recent posts' button, and tell me how many anti-Bush threads you see. .... Now, tell me why you suppose that is.

Berti ... hit the search button for ALL the anti-Bush threads. This site is littered with them. dozens upon dozens of 'bush is evil' 'bush is a madman' 'bush is the antichrist' , etc etc.

Bush is on the way out so they have slowed down. Obama and McCain are the two big politicians now so the threads about them will be brought up more. Obama is giving more fodder at the moment. Wait until the Obama/Clinton run is over and it is Obama/McCain .. then you'll see all the threads exposing McCain pop up (his temper, Keating Five, Peabody Oil).

I authored a thread about McCain and the Keating Five ... but no one showed up. I also exposed the fact that he took gifts and didn't 'repay' them until he got caught. I got no comments on that either. And on the McCain thread where I exposed his connection with Peabody Oil ... I got no comments.

Folks are more into the Hillary/Obama race at the moment.

But there are PLENTY of anti-bush threads. Repeats and repeats.
You are fairly new. Guess you missed the glut years.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Hey! Don't be rolling eyes.

It's an honest question:

What is the real concern!?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hey! Don't be rolling eyes.

Only kidding. Is this better?

Did you see the quote I posted? The quote from the book on so-called black liberation theology by James Cone (on which Obama's church is based?).

That's racist.

That's what he's been soaking up for 20 years. That's the kind of stuff that his close mentors and advisors believe. That crap dis's a large chunk of the American population - a population that the POTUS is supposed to be representing evenhandedly and protecting.

There is no way on God's green earth that someone who has been sucking that junk up for 20 years is going to be able be able to shake that junk off and be a POTUS for 'the people'.

If it were a white guy who went to a 'church' for 20 years and had close mentors and advisors who said the same thing - but in reverse (God should make war against black people - for example) then that person would be just as disqualified as Obama is now.

(i.e. David Duke)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Clintons church belives that gays cannot be christians should she leave?Kennedy belongs to a church that covered up child abuse should he leave?Pat Robinson thinks 9/11 was Gods will...should his members leave?Hagee belives we deserved Katrina should his members leave?and so on and so on.......

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So you think it's possible that Obama is a racist? Is that the concern?

And what is the concern about what he will do to us whites?

(And yes, that was much better.
)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Ugggggh.

Wow. More games. You, FF, are the Obamatron, surprised you missed that...

And please, go back and read the definition again and again until it sinks in. It is an appropriate word for this, so quit trying to change it.

Now, for the racism thing, even though YOU are the one who posted that quote, I'm surprised you missed the most important word in it. Why is it ok for black people to talk about this stuff, yet taboo for whites? Because it's not coming from a place of superiority, more a state of being a victim. Know how I know that? Wondering what the word I'm referring to is that backs it up? 'Oppressor'. That word being used in that passage just goes to strengthen my points and weaken yours. Once again, I'm surprised you missed that (or am I?).

Take off your Obama goggles and start to look at things in more perspective.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You, FF, are the Obamatron, surprised you missed that...

no. I knew what that you were trying to refer to me. But the problem is that Obamatrons are Obamabots that mindlessly, and with glassy eyes, follow Obama. I DO NOT.

It is an appropriate word for this, so quit trying to change it.

FACTS is an appropriate word.
Propaganda, in every day use, insinuates something entirely different.

'Oppressor'.

Uh .. no. The book has all white people as 'the enemy' and that black people and God have to make war against them and their 'dominant culture' (which doesn't exist, but the ethnobabble says does).

Take off your Obama goggles and start to look at things in more perspective.

Back atchya' Obamatron!

So you think it's possible that Obama is a racist?

Not 'possible'. IS. IS a racist. It's very clear.

what is the concern about what he will do to us whites?

Comeon' sublime. A racist in the white house? Considering the power you have to be able to see the damage a racist could do there. Not to mention that the POTUS is supposed to represent all Americans evenhandedly and a racist certainly can't do that.

Read James Cone's book. Then lets start a thread discussing it.
(if you can wade through the ethno-babble)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Fair enough.

Without even arguing the racist thing, I just can't think of any racist bills or policies that he could sneak through Congress.

Even if he is racist, politically he would never act on it. It would be the end of his career and he would accomplish nothing.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Even if he is racist, politically he would never act on it. It would be the end of his career and he would accomplish nothing.

I dunno.'. Maybe. Maybe not. But the fact that he's a racist with that much power .. YIKES! If it were David Duke with that much power I'd be just as concerned.

We should both finish reading the book ... and then start a thread on it.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'll look into the book.

*Edit:

The James Cone book?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I look forward to the day when you can have a regular debate without feeling the need to pick at every sentence I say and make another smart___ comment towards it.

As far as the Obamatrons go, just because you're Obama goggles are a different shade than mine (or on backwards), doesn't mean you're not just as bad as you think I am.

And once again, go read the definition. You seem to be missing the most important of it. 'Propaganda' is correct.

Uh .. no. The book has all white people as 'the enemy' and that black people and God have to make war against them and their 'dominant culture' (which doesn't exist, but the ethnobabble says does).

Uh .. yes, dude. Go back and read the quote which YOU posted. Just denying it's existence doesn't make it go away. Is this what you normally do when you lose an argument? It very clearly illustrates white people as 'Oppressors', which strengthens my points here, but I can see how it could be hard to see out of those Obama goggles when they're on backwards.

And just for kicks, I would LOVE to hear you answer Sublime's question, instead of just blowing it off AGAIN. And don't come back with 'Well, don't YOU see what could happen?' answer, actually ANSWER it yourself.

[edit on 5/12/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Not dude, she.

Just letting you know before she takes the claws out on ya.

One gripe I have about this book:

I was written during the civil rights movement. That's like saying anyone who followed Malcolm X is racist.

Do you have any thoughts about that, FF?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Thanks Sublime for the heads up, but I know FF is a girl, it was not meant as any type of derogatory either.

The 'dude' in my post was so that it could be read with a certain tone, I'll assume FF can pick that up.

Oh, and good post, another thing to help me strengthen my point as well. Thanks.

[edit on 5/12/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That Obama and his minions will use his skin color to push policy.

Its bad enough to be labeled as unpatriotic for not supporting Bush.

It will be worse to be labeled racist or an Uncle Tom for not supporting Obama.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yes, the Church was mentioned in the title, big bert... And your liberal attempts at diversion are all to transparent..

I haven't seen many posting on here where semperfotis hasn't tried to label a posting member who disagrees with his opinion a "liberal" - which has nothing to do with the subject. Or a thread where he doesn't argue that others are trying to throw the thread off topic. Maybe if it weren't for comments such as these, the thread would not veer off course so fast. I'm thinking it was in the first 10 post that he pulled out the "liberal" card.

Back to the OP:
I don't see how rhetorics such as these play much of a part in leading a nation. I would be more concerned with rhetorics that come from the person himself. Kind of a "six degrees of separation" reach, if you ask me.

Especially since most of America seems to put up with Bush's self-proclaimed "crusade" against the "axis of evil." I'd be more concerned with rhetoric such as this - that comes directly from the leader of a nation:

"States like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of the world. By seeking weapons of mass destruction, these regimes pose a grave and growing danger."

– George W. Bush, State of the Union Address (January 29, 2002)

"This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while. And the American people must be patient."

– George W. Bush, White House press conference, September 16, 2001

...rather than being concerned what another member of his church has to say.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I was written during the civil rights movement.

But it's being followed NOW.

Is this what you normally do when you lose an argument?

I haven't lost any argument.

It very clearly illustrates white people as 'Oppressors',

Yes .. and I'm not oppressing anyone. Life, Liberty and the persuit of happiness ... it's there ... go get it. The book assumes that ALL WHITES are oppressers. That's not true. VERY FEW white people try to oppress anyone - and the law is against it.

I would LOVE to hear you answer Sublime's question,

Asked and answered.

ANY racist in the White House would have vast amounts of power and could very easily use that power to marginalize those that he/she has bigotry towards or would use that power to overcompensate those that he/she feels strongly in favor of. Executive orders ... speeches that move have massive free coverage on the networks and that carry his/her bigoted message ... veto power ... etc etc.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Good point.

Do you know if he joined it as an adult or as a child? I would agree that if he joined it as an adult that it should be looked into.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obama being a racist IS an issue.

Can you substantiate this claim of Obama being a racist?

Please don't refer to writings by Cone, or rantings from the Trinity United Church of Christ.

I haven't seen anywhere in which Obama issued derogatory statements against any ethnic race. If you could provide some references, it would be help immensely.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join