It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction: hey ya'll...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Lurking every day for two months now, so I was loooong overdue to become a member...

I work for a state agency (sorry, nothing too exciting....just a lowly public assistance worker!) on the Gulf Coast, and ATS is a welcome detour from the day-to-day tedium/red-tape/stupidity my job entails.

So many threads have given me reasons to go "hmmmmm.....", and that's what I luuurve the most about ATS.

When it comes to buying what the status quo is selling, caveat emptor, friends...
Ezzi

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ezziboo

Welcome to ATS ezziboo. Some of the stuff I have found here has left me scratching my head...but so much of it I have found enlightening.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Witness, I'll bet we've all read things that left us with mangled scalps from all the head-scratching we've done, but sometimes we gotta sift thru the crackpot stuff to get to the good stuff, don't we

Lots and lots of thought-provoking ideas and statements on ATS, for sure!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Welcome
Yeah this site does make you think. The thing I like the most about this site is that you can ask all types of questions that would be considered to be crazy for the narrow minded ones. See you around in the forums

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ezziboo

Hiyah Ezzi and welcome to ATS!

My condolences for working for a state agency
J/k....hope you enjoy yourself and happy posting!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I truly appreciate your condolences, LateApexer...I could just cry when I think about my job...feel free to send me a funeral wreath, heh heh heh.

But seriously, if in the course of my job I happen run across anything that looks "squirrely," I'll share it with ATS....it won't be anything as sexy as aliens or secret aircraft, but.....

On that note, I don't know whether or not ATS peeps (especially the NWO folks) are aware that most states issue public assistance benefits (Food Stamps, TANF aka welfare, etc) via an electronic benefit card (pretty much like a credit/debit card)...no electricity=no access to benefits...I witnessed this firsthand during hurricanes Katrina and Rita...

Hmmmmmm........

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ezziboo

Ezzi,

Nope I have no idea how all that works...and I mostly stick around the UFO, Space Exploration sections and breaking news etc..But I bet the NWO folks are going to love you.

How do they keep the people that get these cards from just selling them for cash?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
LateApexer, they CAN'T keep people from selling the cards for cash...which is why I have a feeling that within the next 5 years or so, the EBT cards will be phased out in favor of fingerprint scanners.

Sounds farfetched, doesn't it? Well, this'll blow ya mind (or the NWO peeps minds, should I say)...here we go:

Another form of public assistance that we provide is in the form of benefits for parents who need help paying for childcare (the state pays most of the cost to the daycare center, the parent pays the remainder). Currently, childcare providers are required to have parents sign in/out on logsheets when dropping off/picking up kids. There is widespread fraud, so the state will implement the following within the next five years:
1) Issue "ID" cards for each child that parents will "swipe" when dropping off/picking up
2) Fingerprinting every child & parent receiving childcare assistance, and having fingerprint scanners at every daycare center...parent/child scanned at dropoff/pickup to prove that they were actually there.

Very creepy, I think.......should I post this on Skunkworks?

And thanks to Halloween, too!

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ezziboo

Welcome to ATS. This is the home of the Real magical Mystery Tour.

Here's a few links to help ease the process of finding out how things are done, and learning some of the "do" and "don't do" items:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy posting.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ezziboo

Yes go for it, would be a great subject for your first thread!

That is pretty mind blowing what all has to be done to stop the widespread fraud in the system, it's always just a temporary fix though, as soon as the "system" comes up with one way to stop thieves, the thieves soon find a way around it etc.

There are thieves now that sit in crowded large city airports here and in Europe, China, Japan etc that can read the credit card information out of your wallet or purse just by sitting there with hand held units, gathering your account information etc. It's a crazy world!

new topics

top topics

join