It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO gatecrashes Airshow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
MiG-29 Fulcrum (?) at an Airshow in Russia. As usual the UFO disables the jet.

Another one of those small sphere-like probes?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Where's the UFO? I see some flappy birds and a jet doing some somersaults. Then the jet, for some reason, loses power.

Looks like the pilots gave it all they had just to get away from the ground, but it wasn't enough and they had to eject.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Most probably a bird hit. I counted six of them and one seems to have hit the aircraft damaging one of the control surfaces. Or probably the after burners feathered out, resulting in a loss of thrust.

Doesn't seem to be a flight of UFOs in attack mode!

Cheers!

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
There is no UFO. There is a MiG pilot that got to low too the deck.
Those specks before it hit were not anything...not ridiculing you SteveR, but cmon use your head.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by djvexd]

[edit on 11-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Skeptics skeptics skeptics. This one requires a little departure from the oft used Occam's Razor.

Observe closely. They look like birds but do not act like them. Birds do not move that fast, nor do they deliberately home in on a fuselage, circle around it a few times and then whizz away at speed. That was the moment it lost power.

In such a poor quality video who can really see if it's a sphere or a bird?

In some of the better plane/ufo videos, you can clearly see the sphere, so this type of thing does happen.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Looks like a Su-35 to me...and it also looks like a bird strike to me to...

UFO's are shinier usually.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Number one i do not usually ascribe to Occam...secondly where and when do you see this said object flying AROUND the MiG?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Where's the UFO? I see some flappy birds and a jet doing some somersaults. Then the jet, for some reason, loses power.

Looks like the pilots gave it all they had just to get away from the ground, but it wasn't enough and they had to eject.

That's all I saw. Birds in the air, large birds but still birds.

The pilot was trying to pull off a very tricky maneuver at a ridiculously low altitude. He crashed because he misjudged the altitude and clipped the jets.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Observe closely. They look like birds but do not act like them. Birds do not move that fast, nor do they deliberately home in on a fuselage,

A jet's intake is very powerful. You do not wanna stand on a runway when a jet fires up for take-off.

The bird did not "home in on" the engine. The engine sucked it in.

Steve, turn your window fan up to full blast and observe the suction. Now imagine the suction needed to lift a multi-ton fighter jet off the ground and how far away from it you'd have to be to fight the flow.

The bird never had a prayer. Neither, apparantly, did the the engine.

There's video out there worthy of our consideration, but ye gotta let this one go, man.

Edit to add: I watched it again and I don't see a bird hit. There are few near-misses, but no hit. Maybe the problem was mechanical?

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This incident took place in Paris on 1999, it was pilot's fault.

Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jet crashed in Paris

"PARIS, June 12 — A Russian Sukhoi-30 combat jet crashed at the Paris airshow on Saturday but both pilots ejected safely and no one was hurt on the ground, show organizers said. The plane scraped the ground during a loop, then attempted unsuccessfully to gain altitude before falling back, eyewitnesses and show organizers said.

Airshow director Edmond Marchegay told a news briefing that the two pilots ejected seconds after impact. “Both of the pilots are in good shape. We took them to a hospital to be checked ... but they walked away on the runway,” he said. Firefighters rushed to put out the flames from the wreckage, which was about a kilometer away from spectators, according to show organizers, although some photographers said they were only 100 yards away. Airshow officials said it was too early to determine the cause of the crash."

(source: MSNBC, 06-12-99)

Paris Air Show Opens With Crash

"LE BOURGET, France (AP) - The world's largest air show opened on an ominous note today when a prototype of Russia's most advanced fighter jet crashed during a flight demonstration.

The blue and white Sukhoi-30 MK had just finished fluttering like a leaf in a controlled descent when it appeared to lose power coming out of a dive at the 43rd Paris Air Show. The plane plunged to the ground, appeared to lightly touch it, then soared back into the air with its tail aflame.

Then the two pilots ejected from the jet and the plane crashed. Two muffled blasts were heard and black smoke billowed from the crash site on the airfield, far from spectators. The pilots weren't injured, the air show's organizers said.

``For the moment we don't know if it's a mechanical incident or if he flew too low,'' said Patrick Guerin, an air show spokesman.

The twin engine jet crashed hours after French President Jacques Chirac inaugurated the eight-day event on a day reserved for the news media.

(source: AP, 06-12-99)

Russian pilot apologises for crash at Paris show

"MOSCOW, June 12 (Reuters) - The Russian pilot who crashed a Sukhoi-30 combat jet at the Paris air show on Saturday apologised for his mistake, saying he took the blame after attempting an ambitious aerial manoeuvre.

Russia's Itar-Tass news agency quoted the pilot, Vyacheslav Averyanov, as telling the plane's chief designer that he took responsibility for letting the jet go out of control.

The plane scraped the ground at the bottom of a downward loop, then attempted unsuccessfully to gain altitude before falling back down and bursting into flames just about a kilometre (mile) from spectators. No one was hurt and the two pilots ejected safely.

Sorry, I did one too many revolutions in a flat corkscrew and I couldn't pull her out. I didn't have the altitude to get the plane out of the manoeuvre.

Averyanov was quoted as saying.

Mikhail Simonov, who designed the plane, told Tass he had no hard feelings towards Averyanov ``who owned up to his mistake in piloting the aircraft.''

The designer said Averyanov would remain a test pilot for the Sukhoi-30 jet and would test a new prototype in Russia.

Tass said the aircraft had made three earlier flights at the show in Le Bourget."

(source: Reuters, 06-12-99)

www.metacafe.com...
www.aeronautics.ru...

[edit on 11/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

There's Nothing there!! a few birds flying in the fall ground?
I was a subscriber to " aceBryan7ox" in the last week I was going to unsubscribe now I've unsubscribed as off now, aceBryan7ox started off alright on youtube lately we can't comment I've even sent messages to " aceBryan7ox" no reply's, ignore "aceBryan7ox" from now on his wasting my time, bandwidth,your time too etc...

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
debunked quite quickly,

but a very impressive crash nonetheless....

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Them their are some VERY lucky pilots to be alive. Most impressive crash. Gotta go with the birds though. Wish I could say otherwise. Wonder why he didnt just try to put her down on her belly? Tragectory was right. Gsuit was probably filling with yellow fluid pretty quick though.
Watched that vid about ten times. Now I'm not so sure birds. Inconclusive.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

In such a poor quality video who can really see if it's a sphere or a bird?

According to your original post, you can really see if it is a sphere or a bird - you stated that it was infact a 'UFO' that in turn 'disabled the jet as usual', yet halfway down the thread you seem to have changed your mind.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I cannot avoid this: this is just another example of people wanting to see UFOs everywhere and that makes us look bad so a big lol to those who thought that bird was a UFO

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Looks to me lke a couple of dumb# pilots show-boating.
Big mistake to act sso cocksure.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hmmmmm? one so called bird seemed to buzz the tail pretty close while they looped over.

Birds would not get that close, most bird strikes are at high speed and in poor weather.

As you can see it was pilot error but that thing buzzing the tail makes you think.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How can you tell? It could be closer to the camera, or behind the plane. It APPEARS to be close to the tail but could be halfway between the camera and the plane. Either way, it was pilot error at an airshow.

Oh and it's an SU-33.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well I'd be damned if that has been answered already, but that's an Su-33 NOT a MiG-29 and also it hit the ground, that's why there was a flame out.

Thanks Zaph, you posted 1 second before me!!!

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 11-5-2008 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Where's the MiG? I don't see a MiG. I see a Su-33.

No one's ever seen them pull a stall technique at an airshow? It's very easy to have something go wrong...oh, but leave it to the UFOers to know it all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join