It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Non Believers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703
i remember clearly last year when i seen the documentary it says never seen on tv before and stated nasa on it but the book was written on th 90s
he probably got some info leaked from a friend that works with nasa and it is not fictional well that what i seen and what you think about the video

Do you have any proof, whatsoever, to suggest that any part of it is not fictional? "Never Before Seen on TV" does not mean something is true, rather that it just has never been seen on TV. The reasons NASA is mentioned is to give it an air of authenticity, and because they interviewed real-life scientists to speculate what life may be like on other planets.

There is absolutely nothing but the show that is factual. You have no proof to even suggest otherwise.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

Grimm-

Welcome to ATS. Would be nice to get a link to the source and your take on things?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The whole idea of being a "believer" or "non-believer" is the wrong way to look at it, in my opinion, because it implies belief without evidence, which is foolish. Also, I agree with the poster above who said that there is a big difference between:

1). Believing that somewhere in the universe, intelligent life exists, and;
2). Believing that intelligent life is visiting our planet

Based on what we know about the size and composition of the universe, #1 is mathematically probable. However, #2 is a little bit more difficult to accept. Just because strange things in the sky have been seen does not mean that #2 is correct.. for example, they could be:

1). Experimental government aircraft
2). Unknown/unexplained atmospheric phenomena
3). Deliberate hoaxes
4). Mis-identified phenomena

Many credible people - myself included - have seen unexplainable things in the sky. This does not mean that aliens are visiting the Earth. It is possible that aliens are visiting the Earth, but personally, I would rather try to rule out the mundane explanations first.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMe74

Here's a little video to go with the discussion of "life" vs "intelligent life" and whether or not one believes.

I believe that there is intelligent life out there - far surpassing our comprehension. I cannot offer any proof or reason for this belief other than intuition.

EDIT: Link fixed

[edit on 12-5-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Putting your plagarism aside...

You seem to be confusing two separate ideas:

1. There is intelligent life elsewhwere in the universe, and

2. Intelligent extraterrestials are visiting the Earth.

Most people (including myself) think idea number 1 is true -- that the universe is so large that there MUST be intelligent life out there somewhere. I saw a study done, and something like 2/3 of Americans believe life exists somewhere else in the universe.

Now, going on to idea number 2...I am not yet convinced that the Earth is being visited by these intelligent extraterretials. I would think we would definitely know by now, if this visitation was as common as ET UFO believers say it is.

These are two separate concepts -- don't confuse these.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

Exactly what i was going to say. I don't think it's possible we are actually alone, but I think we are pretty isolated.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
found it here is the link

shopping.discovery.com...

fictional ...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I believe in the possibility that there may be other life in the universe other than ourselves, since we managed to exist, somehow. However, I have yet to be shown any convincing proof that there is any life elsewhere.

And since we don't have the foggiest notion how a lot of chemicals can magically form into a living thing, it's difficult to state with certainty how rare or common that process might be. It would seem from just a cursory observation, though, that if life is common throughout the universe, we'd have a lot more evidence of it. So that would seem to suggest that life is not particularly common. It doesn't apparently sprout up on every chunk of rock floating around in space.

The bottom line, I suppose, is obvious. Until we find proof of life elsewhere, then we don't know if there is any.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join