It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Non Believers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Among countless stars, is Earth the only planet blessed with life? Is this some miracle by chance, never to be reproduced on another world? In 399 b.c., the great philosopher Socrates was accused of not believing in the gods in which the state believed. He was tried and found guilty of corrupting Athenian youth and religious heresy. He was sentenced and put to death by the use of a poison he chose to ingest. Galileo was warned not to defend Copernican Astronomy because it went against the doctrine of the church. In 1616, the Roman Catholic Church demanded that Galileo stop teaching the theory that the sun was at the center of the cosmos and everything revolved around it. The belief at that time was that the Earth was the center and the sun (and everything else) revolved around the Earth. Galileo was eventually hauled before the Catholic Inquisition and condemned to house arrest, for life. After 10 years, he died while still under house arrest. We know today of course, that Galileo was indeed (more or less) correct. Thoughout history people have been unjustly ridiculed, harassed, and even severely punished for their views and ideas that didn't seem to quite fit in with the current socially accepted beliefs. Are we arrogant to assume that man is the only intelligent life out there? We think so. Over the past 10 years, we have spent much of our time privately researching this subject, (which is sometimes a hard subject to research, when considering that most people do not feel comfortable publicly sharing their experiences). Although most polls show that the majority of the population believes that the governments are hiding what they know about worldly visitors, the general attitude towards this subject is too often one of total disbelief and ridicule.

sorry about that i am a noob that iam lol

[edit on 10-5-2008 by grimm703]

Mod Edit - All Caps Title

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Unless your ~phobia, i think they beat you to the punch.

userpages.bright.net...

SpaceTribes, too

www.spacetribes.gr...

Non-Believer? Yes, but only in that your post Isn't ... yours, that is.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i got it for the non believers yet you read it and still being skeptic
i wonder why we have a brain ohh i know i know but some people dont lol
botherway i did not stated that i wrote it ,i got it

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703
i got it for the non believers yet you read it and still being skeptic
i wonder why we have a brain ohh i know i know but some people dont lol
botherway i did not stated that i wrote it ,i got it

You, a word thief, are hardly one to call someone else empty headed. Please keep in mind, when you are taking words from another site to have them marked, if you need to know how to do that, then check the forum for new members. Also, if you want to use a emoticon, make sure it actually works in the forum you are trying to use it in.
As for the post by Annie Mossity, she(?) was merely stating that your post was stolen, not that she doesn't believe in aliens.
You'll find that most of the members of this site believe in aliens in one way or another. You will encounter skeptics however. There are to many people in this world who get their kicks fooling others to believe in anything without proof. So we base our judgement on proof, not belief.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
whats wrong with you word thief accusation is futile instead of explaining you are insulting my intentions were lucid and sorry about it i fixed it

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, until we have proof of other aliens, we can only have faith in their existence or non-existence. Although, it might be true that persecution has been replaced with ridicule when it comes to the subjects of UFO...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It would seem that what runespider and myself are trying to say is that your "post" is nothing more than a copy and paste of "words" posted to other sites... words you've apparently taken possesion of and chosen to "use" as your own.

Non-Believer in the possiblity of that which is posed and or being addressed by your plagiarism? Not at all.

Non-Believer in your not having contributed much if any personal view or opinion, with regards the topic You started? Oh Hail Yes.

grimm703?

This is a Discussion forum, afterall.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

i have nothing to say simply could careless .it may help some of us thats all that counts

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

I call you a word thief because, unless Annie Mossity had known about Phobia, then you would have kept up the pretence of you having originated the OP by not saying that someone else had originated it. Yes, you've fixed it, good job. You should have done so in the first place, as well as mentioning where you got the quote.
I don't address the post because for the most part I agree, space is a big place, and there is probably life out there somewhere. But probably is not definetly, and until we have definite proof, then we will have the variouse types of believers, debunkers, skeptics, and nonbelievers.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
alright i apologize sincerely if i did not stated it firstly because didnt know how
hope people will find it interesting

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

alright i apologize sincerely if i did not stated it firstly because didnt know how
hope people will find it interesting

Sorry.I get touchy when someone steals anothers work. I understand you're new, but that's the reason why we have the T&C and the new members forum, so things like this don't happen. Besides, if it helps someone and it was stolen, the help is diminished.
Sorry I was a bit snappish, but remember to do better next time, alirght?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Putting your plagarism aside...

You seem to be confusing two separate ideas:

1. There is intelligent life elsewhwere in the universe, and

2. Intelligent extraterrestials are visiting the Earth.

Most people (including myself) think idea number 1 is true -- that the universe is so large that there MUST be intelligent life out there somewhere. I saw a study done, and something like 2/3 of Americans believe life exists somewhere else in the universe.

Now, going on to idea number 2...I am not yet convinced that the Earth is being visited by these intelligent extraterretials. I would think we would definitely know by now, if this visitation was as common as ET UFO believers say it is.

These are two separate concepts -- don't confuse these.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i think microbial life is probably common in the universe, advanced life (plant & animals) less common. Tech intelligence very rare i think. I do not believe we are being visited by aliens

as Soylent points out, life exisiting elsewhere and intelligent beings visiting earth are 2 diffirent things.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by yeti101]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i read some threads that states that there is good and evil aliens and some claims they abduct people and do experiments on them because they need to do so for they own sake
botherway anybody seen a nasa documentary about planet darwin 4 it is habitated with some huge animals they even show us how they looks like
here is alink from you tube
youtube.com...

[edit on 11-5-2008 by grimm703]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

very fascinating and would like to watch the hole thing

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i seen it on discovery channel i been looking for it to post it but all i find is that link on you tube or buy it directly from discovery channel

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This is step number one in identifying cranks: they equate themselves with great scientists of the past, Newton, Einstien Kepler etc who were persecuted for their (correct) scientific ideas
Pure and blessed crank!

For you guys that hjave "faith" that ETs are out there, that's a strange thing to say. Almost religous in overtones. Surely, since there's no direct prrof one way or the other then there is nothing to believe in?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike

For you guys that hjave "faith" that ETs are out there, that's a strange thing to say. Almost religous in overtones. Surely, since there's no direct prrof one way or the other then there is nothing to believe in?

It's not that strange a thing to have faith in.
Part of being human is 'society'. It is natural to have a desire that we belong amongst the stars. When we first leave our system, it would be nice to know that we're not walking into an empty room.
Looking up at the endless night, you have faith that somewhere out there someone is looking back and wondering if you're there.

ofcourse, speaking as a skeptic, it could be the curvature of space and its me looking back at myself

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

anybody seen a nasa documentary about planet darwin 4 it is habitated with some huge animals they even show us how they looks like
here is alink from you tube

That is not a NASA documentary; it was a fictional TV show.

Darwin 4 is not a real planet. It is fictional, created by Wayne Douglas Barlowe for his book Expedition. It was adapted for the Discovery Channel under the title Alien Planet.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

i remember clearly last year when i seen the documentary it says never seen on tv before and stated nasa on it but the book was written on th 90s
he probably got some info leaked from a friend that works with nasa and it is not fictional well that what i seen and what you think about the video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join