It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese drill for oil 25 miles off coast of Florida

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

We soon will have an alternative if Denny Klein has his way, his discover of Aquygen and an Aquygen powered car that can get 100 miles to 4 oz. of water check it out. www.wave3.com...

Rik Riley

[edit on 22-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Just saying we have safe technology does not make it so. We are unable to cleanup oil spills in continental waters, so what makes you think we can do it in the polar seas? Drillings pads spill toxic waste every day and every year there is a major spill somewhere in the US.

And its not just the Caribou, its is an entire ecosystem and we need to preserve the better part of the NPR and the Chukchi Sea from being spoiled. These are the last great wild areas of the US.

and anyway, in 20, 30+ years maybe would could get at that oil safetly, think how much it would be worth them....and by then the whole place will be a mess because of melting from global warming anyway....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Attention all tree (and manatee) huggers. When are you going to realize that if we don't drill, someone else will?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, it must have been quite a while since you've worked in the oil industry and obviously have not kept up with technological advances. For your information horizontal wells CAN be drilled and have in fact become the norm for the industry, with lateral sections reaching over 30,000 feet. For those not smart enough to figure it out that's 5.68 miles.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Well, it must have been quite a while since you've worked in the oil industry and obviously have not kept up with technological advances. For your information horizontal wells CAN be drilled and have in fact become the norm for the industry, with lateral sections reaching over 30,000 feet. For those not smart enough to figure it out that's 5.68 miles.

Countries like China, India and Cuba can drill near the U.S. coast and we in the U.S. are not allowed to do so because of environmental concerns. What is with this, most of us in America are concerned about the ecological impact of drilling near our coast but why on God's green earth are we allowing these other countries any where near our coast to drill?

I just answered my own question it is because these countries are not bound by our laws so many miles away from our coast and the oil companies can use these countries as their surrogates to circumvent our laws when it comes to drilling in the waters off the coast of the U.S.

What oil and drilling technology companies do you think are responsible when it comes to who is involved in helping China, India and Cuba drill for oil off the U.S. coast, take a guess? Surely we wouldn't let China drill off our coast especially slant drilling even though the U.S. owes the Chinese Trillions of dollars from trade deficients? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Rik Riley

[edit on 3-6-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I caught a few minutes of the Hanity radio talk show and he was very angry about the Chinese and Cubans able to drill off the southern coast of Florida and The U.S. was not permitted to do so because of environmental laws.

The big question is if the U.S. loosens up on these laws how long before the first oil will be drilled for or pumped one, two or three years? We need the oil now and will the oil companies build more refineries to compensate for more oil being drilled and pumped or will they not build new refineries to keep the prices high? Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Get used to it. The same kind of thing is happening in Australia where the Chinese are starting to buy up all of our mining companies and natural resources. They're also importing their own workers and replacing Australians, and replacing Australian board members with Chinese board members to ensure the company is loyal to the communist party.

Their tactic is to buy up Australian companies and resources for a bargain and then sell the natural resources back to China very cheaply, ignoring current market prices (which are in Australia's favour).

They do the same thing with oil. Chinese oil companies mine the oil and sell it straight back to China very cheaply, bypassing the market. Effectively taking that oil out of the market and driving up oil prices for everyone else.

It's the same with other natural resources, the main reason why the Chinese want to keep Tibet is because it's rich in natural resources. The Chinese are able to send there own people in there and steal all the resources without paying the Tibetans for it. Also, in Africa they support dictators in Zimbabwe and Sudan in return for access to their natural resources (normally minerals).

One of the main reasons why the Chinese economy has been able to grow so strongly is because they've been able to steal so many resources or atleast attained them very cheaply. If the Chinese had to get all of their natural resources at market prices it would stunt their economy, especially because they've rigged their currency to be so low.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulwho
Get used to it. The same kind of thing is happening in Australia where the Chinese are starting to buy up all of our mining companies and natural resources. They're also importing their own workers and replacing Australians, and replacing Australian board members with Chinese board members to ensure the company is loyal to the communist party.

It's the same with other natural resources, the main reason why the Chinese want to keep Tibet is because it's rich in natural resources.

One of the main reasons why the Chinese economy has been able to grow so strongly is because they've been able to steal so many resources or at least attained them very cheaply. If the Chinese had to get all of their natural resources at market prices it would stunt their economy, especially because they've rigged their currency to be so low.

Then why you sell off?

Chinese learned those things from you!
They are doing exactly what the American and European did.
The Caltex and BP always put their own workers on every oil drillings, they STEAL everything from South America, Asia, Africa everywhere.

The Chinese keeps the Tibet, because Tibet doesn't belong to you, neither to America or U.K.
Why the America keep on bribing the Dalai Lama? Shame on this so called holy guy who won Noble price, disgracing Buddhism.

The reason American and European including you Australia economy able to grow is because you are STEALing from Aborigin, all of you are stealing from every parts of the world. Admit it mate!

I suggest people buy a MIRROR and look into it for days.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I recently was in the dominican republic and looked around at my surroundings and discovered that I really dont have as much freedom as the people of this small island nation. For example: It was approx. 2:00 am and everyone was dancing and partying away without police at every single entrance and exit. It was nice to see people doing the human thing..... Having a goodtime unsupervised. It made me think? Where in the usa could I have a beer, be on the beach at 3:00 am and beyond and no cops hassle me? Better yet where in the usa could have a bon fire? Answer? NOWHERE. Never happen. Its sad to say the gov. has way to much power and wont let us live a quality life because there some law saying I cant.

I thought U.S has been trying hard promoting their tailor made DEMOCRACY, freedoms, where people can do just everything. Remember how U.S force every countries in the world to join their Democracy just because they are soooooooo worried about Red Communism.

But judging from you post above, U.S is far from democracy, they are LIARS, HOAXers, criminals.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lanciau

Then why you sell off?

Chinese learned those things from you!
They are doing exactly what the American and European did.
The Caltex and BP always put their own workers on every oil drillings, they STEAL everything from South America, Asia, Africa everywhere.

The Chinese keeps the Tibet, because Tibet doesn't belong to you, neither to America or U.K.
Why the America keep on bribing the Dalai Lama? Shame on this so called holy guy who won Noble price, disgracing Buddhism.

The reason American and European including you Australia economy able to grow is because you are STEALing from Aborigin, all of you are stealing from every parts of the world. Admit it mate!

I suggest people buy a MIRROR and look into it for days.

I'm not Austrailian, but economics is economics any where in the world. Everyone has his price, and I would imagine that the offering price is more than likely subsidized by the Chinese government. The price offered is probably more than any Austrailian firm would or could pay. The sale most times goes to the highest bidder, which is in this case, in effect, the Chinese government. Simple stuff really.

You are wrong too about why our ecomomies grow. Our ecomomies grow because our systems allow free enterprise, free thinking, inspire inovation, and allow one to enjoy the fruits of his labors. It was not until the 90's when China began experimenting with free enterprise in some areas of their economy, did things really start taking off for them. So please do not lecture us on why our economies grow. China's recent history proves our way of thinking is the better way for individuals. And yes you can have a strong nation with free willed, free thinking people....the west has proven that. Sure our histories may have some bad tales to tell relative to how some people have been treated, but so has every other conquering nation in the history of the earth....even China's.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lanciau

I thought U.S has been trying hard promoting their tailor made DEMOCRACY, freedoms, where people can do just everything. Remember how U.S force every countries in the world to join their Democracy just because they are soooooooo worried about Red Communism.

But judging from you post above, U.S is far from democracy, they are LIARS, HOAXers, criminals.

You have been reading too much propaganda my friend.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Its actually not them drilling for oil.Its just a huge coverup for a bigger operation.They are converting a cavern for a huge underground sub base right off the coast of florida.So they have bad intentions.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

alienstar, do you know this to be be true or have military intelligence to the fact that the Chinese and Cubans are using the drilling for oil off the coast of Florida for a cover to house a sub base in caverns? Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
America needs to Wake Up with the events that are happening with the Economy now, do you know where your jobs will be in 6 months? People need to learn the real facts about Global Warming check out the NASA Web Site and do some investigating for yourselves. The Earth is much cooler now then it has been in years.A lot of what you hear and see on television is propaganda for the people who are rich and want more. If the people would check on the Farm Subsidy Program and Ear Marked funds by the Senators and Congressmen you would find out a lot of things that the government isn't telling anyone. The Debt that we have been given is by wasteful spending by Politicians.Oil drilling in Alaska would help also China is drilling the Gulf of Mexico but we aren't allowed to drill there.If you took a class on Economist's you would find out a lot more things that the American people are lied to about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join