It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Convenient! 'White House Admits It Is Missing Email Backup Tapes From Start of Iraq War'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

How Convenient! 'White House Admits It Is Missing Email Backup Tapes From Start of Iraq War'

www.motherjones.com

Yesterday's filing (PDF) is the latest development in the ongoing White House emails lawsuit, in which two non-profits, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) and the National Security Archive (NSA), are suing to force the administration to recover any missing emails and institute a more effective email archiving system. (For the full story on the missing emails, check out our missing White House emails index.) The filing comes on the heels of several seemingly contradictory statements by administration officials about whether the allegedly missing emails are available on backup tapes. The court had asked the administration to clear up the confusion by clearly stating which backup tapes it does and does not have for the period between March 2003 and October 2005.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The white house/world government is counting on all of us to lay down, and let them take care of everything that is important to us, like doing investigations, fighting crime, listening to our phone-calls, "saving" our money in their banks, keeping us out of debt, and keeping a whole lot of secrets:

A few examples of things the whore house/white house doesn't want common folks to know:

1. Who exactly helped orchestrate the 9/11 Terrorist attacks (beside Cheney, who managed to keep NORAD from doing their proper job on 9.11.01: Defend our nation).

2. Who exactly ordered prisoners in Iraq to be tortured & killed (beside George W. Bush & Donald Rumsfeld).

3. Who should we not trust in the U.S. Government (beside the Zionists & Nazis, who currently control the mainstream media, weapons of mass-destruction, and a whole lot of assassins, ready to tear America to shreds).

4. Who has removed the 'missing email backup tapes' (beside the U.S. government)?

www.motherjones.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How convenient.

When it comes to finding any form of documents that could incriminate them, what happens? It becomes "lost."

When they're asked to recollect any knowledge, such as torture, or financial corruption, what happens? They say they "forget" what happened.

Does Bush and his administration forget that they work for us? If they were my employee and showed this much incompetence and secrecy, I would fire them from the job for someone more competent.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Apparently they don't work for us.If they have gotten away with what they have up to this point, then, I would say they don't work for us.Think about if any of this stuff happened say 30 years ago what would have happened.Look at what happened to Nixon...and yet what he did looks like nothing in comparison to what we have today.We've been lied to about everything.I feel like we do live in a sort of Matrix type world her in the United States these days.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 8-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The American Govt. is not accountable... at all

Sarbanes Oxley does not apply to them.. only us!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
wow even more missing emails and info gee who dident see this coming. i can see the "gw bush library" now it will be a copy of if you give a mouse a cookie and 1 email saying "if your not with us your against us".

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

I know what you mean. They're just human-scum. We didn't hire or elect any of them.

reply to post by CaptGizmo

Thanks for sharing your perspective. I know what you mean about the grand illusion (matrix).

reply to post by krill

haha That's a funny thought. I don't know what it would be like to be in a library like that. The U.S. Government doesn't want us to know anything about them, beside what FOX News & other corporate-media outlets spew at the public, on a daily basis.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What if....

The entire email archive is 'buffered' somewhere? They're screwed right? What if, they entire email and transaction audit trails were actually part of an independently maintained data set that was outside the reach of the corporate junta through governmental channels?

I wonder if such a thing is possible? I wonder if it would take an inside job during, I don't know, say a cyber-security war exercise to access and destroy. Hmmm... I should write spy novels, no?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. As usual, great post, S&F'd!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's funny how they can retrieve our e-mails and information on crashed or damaged hard drives; yet they can't seem to retrieve E-mails?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Is the bush administration trying to wipe out their own dirty doings?, I think so, I guess this will be a way for them to create speculation and conspiracies against the White House to keep the rest of the population blind folded to as what really is happening behind close doors.

And still we allow these crocks to stay in the white house.

We need to reinstate the firing squat for traitors.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Sigh...
At least Nixon had President Carter and a team of "White House Plumbers" to his dirty work for him.

The Bush Admin disposes of it's own garbage.
I mean what the hell do they want, a Congressional Pardon for any wrongdoings during Bush's presidency?
I don't think they'll stop until America votes "Yes" on a national "Was Bush a liar?" referendum.

top topics

join