It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca Cola:embedded an anti muslim statement w/ picture proof

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If Coca-Cola Company is anti something, I will think there are anti government more then anything else.
This kind of multinational company has no racial, culture or religion discriminations policies. They basically want to sales they poison to every human on the planet, so for them to hide a hate message in to their logo will be in contrary to their greed policy.
Decades back a famous cigarette brand was targeted because people thought to have found hidden KK on their cigarette packet.

kacou

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
The coca cola logo has been the same since its invention in the very early 1900s.

Unless Coke was an anti-islamic company even back in those early days, I think this is probably just a coincidence.

The logo was designed in 1885 by Frank Mason Robinson, and it's been the same ever since.

The typeface used, known as Spencerian script, was developed in the mid 19th century and was the dominant form of formal handwriting in the United States during that period.

Source

Interesting enough the Arabic countries try to boycott Coca-Cola anyway:

There are some consumer boycotts of Coca-Cola in Arab countries due to Coke's early investment in Israel during the Arab League boycott of Israel (this contrasts sharply to Pepsi which stayed out of Israel)

(Also from the Coca-Cola Wiki article.)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Arab and islamic antipathy to Coca Cola is because coke is seen as a symbol and representation of American culture, much like Hershey bars or Cadillacs.

They try and boycott American goods to further their political ends.

Rather shamefully, the student unions of British universities (my own university included) are full of left wing, islamic sympathisers and have banned Coke from student union run shops. They have instead replaced coke machines with ones that dispense fair trade juice... bastards.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Crikey - can't believe this old saw is still floating around. It was debunked by Snopes, over a year ago - with the pithy quote:

It's ludicrous to imagine far back in 1889 a back-room chemist and his partner were evilly plotted to work a hidden anti-Muslim statement into a soft-drink label. Those early Coke men had no reason to suppose that their concoction would someday come to be marketed internationally, in far-flung lands they'd never themselves visit, or that the dashed-off script of one of the would continue to adorn the product more than a century after it was first penned. Yet to give the rumor any credence, one has to believe all of that.

For the full debunk, click the above link

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

HELLO I AM MUSLIM AND SPEAK ARABIC PERFECTLY JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THE TRANSLATION IS WRONG SO THE RIGHT ONE IS NO MUHAMMED NO MAKA
i simply have to stick to pepsi i guess

[edit on 9-5-2008 by grimm703]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
If Coca-Cola Company is anti something, I will think there are anti government more then anything else.
This kind of multinational company has no racial, culture or religion discriminations policies. They basically want to sales they poison to every human on the planet, so for them to hide a hate message in to their logo will be in contrary to their greed policy.
Decades back a famous cigarette brand was targeted because people thought to have found hidden KK on their cigarette packet.

kacou

That was Marlboro and the KKK.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703

HELLO I AM MUSLIM AND SPEAK ARABIC PERFECTLY JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THE TRANSLATION IS WRONG SO THE RIGHT ONE IS NO MUHAMMED NO MAKA
i simply have to stick to pepsi i guess

[edit on 9-5-2008 by grimm703]

Haha, but it doesn't look exactly like it right?

I guess most muslims don't think it's true, because if you go to a muslim country, there is coca-cola everywhere !! lol
Well in morocco anyway.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

HHAAH YES INDEED BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO WHEN PEOPLE CALL THEM SELVES MUSLIMS AND DONT FOLLOW IT ALL THEY CARE IS PROFIT
corruption is every where lol

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
So, why don't you make Coca Cola reform their logo for Muslim countries. They surely earn a BIG BIG PROFIT from these countries and they would change it If forced to. They can be forced by boycotting them for Pepsi etc etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

Forgive my ignorance, but is "Maka" the same as "Mecca"?

I'm terrible at languages, it seems...even though I do my best to learn.

[edit on 10/12/08 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's "No Makkah"
not "No Mammah"

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am sorry but this theory is ridiculous. Coco-Cola was invented in Atlanta Georgia in 1885, just 20 years after Sherman burned the city.

If it said “DIE YANKIES” or “SHERMAN IS SATAN” I might believe it, but Muslims were the LAST thing on their minds in 1885 era Atlanta!

In May, 1886, Coca Cola was invented by Doctor John Pemberton a pharmacist from Atlanta, Georgia. John Pemberton concocted the Coca Cola formula in a three legged brass kettle in his backyard. The name was a suggestion given by John Pemberton's bookkeeper Frank Robinson.

Being a bookkeeper, Frank Robinson also had excellent penmanship. It was he who first scripted "Coca Cola" into the flowing letters which has become the famous logo of today. The soft drink was first sold to the public at the soda fountain in Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta on May 8, 1886.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It just sounds like more persecution complex/hysterical paranoia to me but I'd like to know why has no one mentioned (or even criticised) the use of the wholly derogative term 'kafir' in this post?

It is just as socialy unnacceptable as me blanket statementing all muslims as 'delusional,inherently bigoted cultists'.

(Ab)using Labels is rarely wise or mature-particularly when its used in a selfish,agenda driven 'US Vs Them' religious context.

The term 'kafir' should be viewed with the same distaste and disdain as other derogative,divisive,childish,insecure labels.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join