It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch Calls Fox News Viewers Morons & White Trash

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Who doesn't laugh at Rupert Murdoch's "fair and balanced" news? This country has a lot of spiritualists, but it lacks a lot of support from people, who could help, us patriots by fighting against Rupert Murdoch & his Fascist cronies:

14 signs of fascism-The USA turning into a fascist country?

According to a college professor, Dr. Lawrence Britt (expert on Fascist Regimes & author of "Fascism Anyone?"), there are 14 Defining Characteristics of Fascism:

1. Powerful & Continuing Nationalism.
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights.
3. Identifying Enemies or Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause.
4. Supremacy of The Military.
5. Rampant Sexism.
6. Controlled Mass-Media.
7. Obsession with National Security.
8. Religion & Government Our Intertwined.
9. Corporate Power is Protected.
10. Labor Power is Suppressed.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals & The Arts.
12. Obsession with Crime & Punishment.
13. Rampant Cronyism & Corruption.
14. Fraudulent Elections.

Made by Eric Blumrich
www.ericblumrich.com...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by freight tomsen

It's nice to know that you're not afraid to stand up against the people, who intentionally mislead the public, as FOX News does.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That was ALMOST the fakest news story I have ever read.

Like a uber left liberal was day dreaming at his computer and thought he could spread a little Liberal propaganda.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I believe I've heard this story before somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it. Either way, without definitive proof, it really doesn't go anywhere.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

“I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens who, reading newspapers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in their times.” -Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson knew, as does any historian, that what passes as today’s News/Current Affairs, rarely remains unchanged when written/remembered as tomorrow’s History. Newspapers present the official establishment position of each days’ events, but this is often not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

President Dwight Eisenhower’s speech-writer Wilson Bryan Key wrote a book called “The Age of Manipulation” all about his experience writing presidential speeches:

"For thirty-six sleepless hours, three writers turned out draft after draft, reviewed by a White House deputy press secretary who offered terse comments like, 'Much too specific!' 'Ease up on factual references!' and 'Take it back and fuzz it up!' 'Fuzz it up,' we discovered eventually, meant avoid all clear, factual statements about anything more specific than the time of day ... The speech was endlessly discussed for likely audience reactions, belief and attitude reinforcements, and implied meanings ... Would anyone take the empty rhetoric seriously? The speech read smoothly, but said absolutely nothing about anything. This was precisely what it was intended to say. During audience interviews after the oration, most expressed satisfaction with the great man's words. 'Ike really gave it to them!' 'He has my vote!' 'I like the way he thinks!' Great speech!'"

Newspaper articles are also very short, often not long enough to address the complexities involved in each issue. This problem is further exacerbated with television “news,” where most coverage consists of 30 second sound-bytes. Furthermore, these articles and sound-bytes are often coming from speeches and spokespeople in the “Spin Room.” They actually call it the spin room, where reporters “get the spin.” Spider’s webs and skipping records are spun. Why is news being associated as such?

“The news is a farce. As is the case with the financial institutions, which are concentrated in the hands of the few, long ago the media was bought and paid for ...What you read and what you see on a daily basis is largely manufactured. You are being lied to each and every day.” -Christopher Mark, “Grand Deception: The Theft of America and the World” (16-17)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Gotta admit that the comments are pretty darn funny

Especially the thing Hannity said about the tobacco juice etc. That is instant classic. I hope for their sake this isnt real because there are going to be some seriously angry right wingers running around tomorrow. The thing is, I usually get the impression that this is how these people actually do behave when not on camera.

I mean think about it. Bill Oreilly is a tv persona. He is paid to entertain Republicans, so he gives them what they want. He crams out some of the most profainly stupid material at times you almost have to believe that he is just being over dramatic for the benefit of ratings. Who knows, in real life he probably could care less about politics or the good folks at the Rep. party. Definately believe that Murdoch is only in it to make a buck off of the lowest common denominator. He probably laughs in his sleep off of the billions that he is pocketing by keeping the dust stirred up.

As I said, not sure if this story is even true as of right now. But I will follow closely because this could get really ugly before it is over with.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChadAndrewATS

I think it is a very good analysis of their viewers. And it proofs they know their business as newsMAKERS. If you sell toys, you have to know what kids are.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Pjotr]

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is clearly a hoax or just a piece of disinformation for several good reasons:

1: if there was an open mic, whose mic was it? Why no recording?

2: the writer obviously does not know how to fake real dialogue. No one speaks informally like the supposed quotes. They are clunky and clearly constructed.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CaveatLector

Indeed.. as fake as it can get.

The fact that some even are considering it to be real is hilarious..

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Also interesting that Hanity, a Born Again Christian and O'Reilly who has often stated it publicly; do not drink. We have another contender for the Weekly World News Look-Alike Contest.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I gotta agree with Rockpuck here. (Possibly the first time we've agreed on anything
)

As much as i hate FOX (I posted the Outfoxed doco on the forums a while back), the sources for this story are completely unreliable.

Until this can be supported by the audio itself or a source that isn't some random guy's blog than it's pretty much useless.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yes, as much as id like for this to be true, it seems that the source of this information comes from a personal blog:

assimilatedpress.blogspot.com...

hoax.....

[edit on 5/8/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
HA!Nothing i already didnt know....7 years ago!Much of what gets posted here on ATS is old news to me.Like 6months to almost a year old including all the conspiracies.And dig deep enough and youll see that many conspiracies contradict each other or themselves and are hypocritical.
Nuff said.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChadAndrewATS

They're paying their minions: lame police officers/soldiers & common folks to become provocateurs & attack people, who protest against them in the streets of New York City, and other well-populated areas, with large anti-war protestors:

Their provocateurs have been attacking the WeAreChange group, lately:

[edit on 7-5-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

People in America have to understand what is going on. Both sides on the fence.
You a stationed a large portion of your army outside your borders and videos like this are evidence of a looming civil war inside your country.
Expect the possibility that in a decisive move of an international war campaign, a civil war uprising might occur devastating your armies moral to continue, giving a chance to any waring opponents that your international politics and strategies have drown in the same war with you will jump at every chance they get to conquer the battlefield leaving probably EU forces exposed and in actions of panic major devastating events may unfold both in the EU and in your country. Both sides have to understand that your nations current strategy will bring no victory but instead lots of humans will have to die.
Your strategy about making a growing list of enemies which as search about historical facts may show they are no idiots since they have been fighting wars way longer than you did and since you gave them the chance to be prepared and await a final confrontation with you and your allies since decades, will signal the most turbulent times in our earths history. We are a bout a big change and you people can decide if its going to be good or bad. It is not just about drunk guys or advocates of nineleven being an inside job or not. Both sides HAVE TO think clearly else we all have to suffer and some of us do not deserve it.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by spacebot]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to I agree with you DR LOVE they all look at us that way, bacause most are no more than sheep, they control how we think and even how we vote, look at how they made Ron Paul out to be the bad guy and would not allow him to really participate in the debates! Wake up America! post by Dr Love

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Also interesting that Hanity, a Born Again Christian and O'Reilly who has often stated it publicly; do not drink. We have another contender for the Weekly World News Look-Alike Contest.

Ahhh...showbiz is so sweet. Just because a celebrity says he's born-again or doesn't drink, doesn't mean diddley squat I'm afraid. If their PR people figure looking like a Born-Again Tee-Totaller will help their careers - then that's what the act will be. Trust me, I've been in this biz all my life
It doesn't mean anything. It's a ratings game - period.

J.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hmm if this story is true then perhaps they were mocking those that say similar things about them and Fox News. I am sure that they are aware (being who they are) that while in a public setting they could be subject to any form of recording at anytime, and even while drunk wouldn't say such things, whether they thought it true or not, with out hints of sarcasm.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by AnOldFriend]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend
Hmm if this story is true then perhaps they were mocking those that say similar things about them and Fox News. I am sure that they are aware (being who they are) that while in a public setting they could be subject to any form of recording at anytime, and even while drunk wouldn't say such things, whether they thought it true or not, with out hints of sarcasm.

Then how do you explain George Bush's 'indiscretions' caught on various microphones around the world? Don't his handlers look after this kind of thing for him? They're supposed to - but they can't predict everything

At these kind of shows, celebs are with their own kind, and feel they can let their hair down and knock back the free booze - and be very 'frank' with each other. It happens all the time
I've been to these kind of events and seen it many times myself. I've also read many hillarious sound-bites and interviews
with/about people I know personally that were - errmm...pure fiction basically.

J.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by AnOldFriend]

[edit on 8-5-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Then how do you explain George Bush's 'indiscretions' caught on various microphones around the world? Don't his handlers look after this kind of thing for him? They're supposed to - but they can't predict everything

At these kind of shows, celebs are with their own kind, and feel they can let their hair down and knock back the free booze - and be very 'frank' with each other. It happens all the time I've been to these kind of events and seen it many times myself. I've also read many hillarious sound-bites and interviews
with/about people I know personally that were - errmm...pure fiction basically.

J.

Perhaps your right and they were being serious I was just offering another logical explanation to an evidence free story.

Sure would be nice to hear this supposed tape.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

While the investigation into the provinence of the original news story appears to prove it is unmitigated and unsubstantiatable (ugh!) crap, I have no problem with people deservedly bashing Rupert.

If you really want to explore what "the rotten old bastard"'ll do for the paltry sum of thirty pieces of silver, check out Jack Schaffer's ongoing personal crusade...

www.slate.com...

but the pay-off is here

www.slate.com...

enjoy...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join