It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Matrix1111

Sorry for chiming in here, but I have to take exception to your opinion.

In my opinion, the mods do a great job of allowing the conversation to flow, without being heavy handed about it.

They're also members, and as such, are allowed to have an opinion.

I find this confusion about the site rules just a little perplexing.

Since I read the rules and stuff I've had a great time here - I even made a few friends.

There's also the handbook for lots of other questions you may have.

The suspicion of debunking or being CIA operatives is a little far fetched IMO,
but that's only IMO.

And I find it farfetched not to assume that CIA operatives wouldn't be iinterested in ATS, whether they just lurk or post disinformtaion. There are after all, laws about revealing above-top-secret information. Who's to say some of the moderators haven't earned their way into the "staffing" of ATS. I would be surpised if that wasn't the case. Even more logical is the speculation that ATS founders are CIA. In any case, I don't think the theory isn't farfetched. But thanks for your opinion anyways.

:-)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
would somone like to explain to me behaviour such as encouraging members to kill other people is allowed,
"would love to hear those thoughts youve been having, u2u me if you'd like to share

my advice would be to give in to the feelings, trust me it is incredible, you will be opened up to the world and see how limited your mind was to the stupidity of human nature.

You will become more free and more enslaved then you'd ever been.

And you're lucky i even told you that, but ATS needs more of my kind. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

yet the slieghtist questioning to the nature of ats results in the thread being closed!???.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
if one looks at the members list on everypage there is at least one member banned where all of thier posting history has been deleted.....why?

why all the banning and deletions of posts,what are you hiding?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
if one looks at the members list on everypage there is at least one member banned where all of thier posting history has been deleted.....why?

Can you provide a couple examples? We don't delete posts when someone is banned.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
from the early days...

theres thousands more.all band members who felt they were being harrased after joining ats.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Here's one I posted a couple (5-ish) of posts ago:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The "posts" page has a look-back time limit, so with such old members without recent posts, the posts page may not show any content. However, the threads page has no such time limit applied... if you click the threads...
echelon threads
You can see that his posts are intact.
Also, that particular member was banned long ago for several attempts to hack and harm ATS.

The same applies with this member... threads... just click the threads link.

all band members who felt they were being harrased after joining ats.

What makes you say that?

Originally posted by sn00daard

That thread was removed because there was an active and seemingly organized effort to obtain offline personal details of ATS members.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What about the deleted thread I asked about in page 29? Why was that deleted?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

post made by members who stopped activity several years ago are still recorded, its only banned members who appear to have thier posts removed.

look all these members from the first page stopped posting many years ago and havnt even logged on for years.

lupe,last activity 2002,posts still there
mr bunnyman last activity,2003 posts still there,
arkangel 2005,posts still there

the deleted posts function appears to only apply to banned members.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
heres another interesting one,posts deleted in a banned members account

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

post made by members who stopped activity several years ago are still recorded, its only banned members who appear to have thier posts removed.

Why do you assume I'm being deceptive?

The look-back time limit is dependent on the user's last visit... if the system only looks back 180 days from a user's last visit date, if there are no posts in that timeframe, none will be displayed. (The title at the top, "Recent posts in last 180 days Of activity," implies this is the case.) The existence of the threads, and posts within the threads, should be evidence enough for you that we don't delete the posts of banned members.

heres another interesting one,posts deleted in a banned members account

No posts were deleted, those posts are all in a BTS thread that, for some odd reason, has no title...
www.belowtopsecret.com/thread6555/pg1&mem=sherwoodsteele73
However, you can see that the member all posts via an edit.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
What about the deleted thread I asked about in page 29? Why was that deleted?

1... ATS is not a "CIA Front"

2... you were directed to this thread to bring up your issues/questions, feel free to do so.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

No, you misunderstand me. I mean why did you delete the thread by starvingartists that I speak of in my post in page 29?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by sn00daard

That thread was removed because there was an active and seemingly organized effort to obtain offline personal details of ATS members.

Regrettably I can not post the posts made in that thread, since it's been deleted. However there was NO SUCH THING going on in that thread.

The OP of that thread wanted so find ATS members who had the same interest, if that is recruiting or "an active and seemingly organized effort to obtain offline personal details of ATS members", you might as well close almost every thread. Not a single request for personal info OF ANY KIND was made. In fact, the OP wanted to get the ATS staff involved in the whole thing. BTW, I remember a thread not so long ago that was specifically asking for such info, that thread was never deleted, it was closed tho.....eventually. I won't go through the trouble of finding it since I would probably just waste my time. I do feel you,or another admin should take a closer look at that thread I linked. The OP did NOT deserve to get banned,not by a long shot.

I feel that further discussing this is useless so I wont, either you have been misinformed or the mod that closed it saw things that simply WERE NOT THERE.

I still think you should at least consider implementing a system that automatically sends a U2U to members participating in a thread when it gets closed. A single-line U2U by the mod who closed it with the reason why he closed it, can't be that big a problem, right?

On to more ATS-acceptable threads

[edit on 2-9-2008 by sn00daard]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

the examples i sited were of members who havnt visited the site since around 2003,yet there posts are still there ,its only banned members whos posting record is deleted.

the bts posts you mention for sherwood steel were created on the 19th of the 3rd ,yet the deleted posts in sherwoods profile were all posted on the 20th.

they are not the same posts.

i care not if this is a cia front,its none of my buisiness , what i do care about is a deeper more malevolant infilitration of institutions such as the cia in order for those malevolent beings to cover up thier own existence.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

the examples i sited were of members who havnt visited the site since around 2003,yet there posts are still there ,its only banned members whos posting record is deleted.

You're either not paying attention, or purposefully being deceptive in an effort to promote your errant assumptions as reality.

Look at this example, banned member echelon
His account profile shows a last visit of February 3, 2007... His thread list shows he last authored a thread in June of 2004. It's absolutely plausible to consider that he didn't contribute any posts in the 180 days leading up to his last visit of February 3, 2007.

The same type of timing issue applies to the example you gave for GhostMan

This types of timing issues do not apply to the display of posts from banned member Lupe as his profile shows a last visit date of October 17, 2002 and his posts are all within 180 days of his last visit.

the bts posts you mention for sherwood steel were created on the 19th of the 3rd ,yet the deleted posts in sherwoods profile were all posted on the 20th.

That was long ago, long before we had any time-limits in place in regards to editing posts. Members could indeed make any edit they wished, on any aged post, including deleting the post content.

Your assumptions are incorrect... we do not delete the posts of members we ban.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

lupes last visit was december 1969,thats a bit strange isnt it!!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

ile reply in ernest mr overlord , i need a jog!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

lupes last visit was december 1969,thats a bit strange isnt it!!

That's what the UNIX Time Stamp date translates to when there is no data, or the data is zero. If a user creates an account, then never visits, the "last visit" field is never updated, and has a value of zero.

Unix Epoch starts at January 1, 1970 GMT, which translates to December 31, 1969 for US time zone conversions... hence the date for Lupes.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

this is what you said not long ago about lupes profile shortly ago

This types of timing issues do not apply to the display of posts from banned member Lupe as his profile shows a last visit date of October 17, 2002 and his posts are all within 180 days of his last visit.

now suddenly his last visit is 1969 because of,

That's what the UNIX Time Stamp date translates to when there is no data, or the data is zero. If a user creates an account, then never visits, the "last visit" field is never updated, and has a value of zero. Unix Epoch starts at January 1, 1970 GMT, which translates to December 31, 1969 for US time zone conversions... hence the date for Lupes.

why the contradiction?

lastly suddenly all lupes posts and threads have dissapeared when you sited it as an example of how posts are still active when they are posted within 180 days of his last visit?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
here are some more examples

Truth, registered march 16 2003,banned march 16 2003, he made 92 posts in one day and none of them appear in the post or thread list....

dbeniek,registered oct 14 2003,last vist nov 2003,made 14 post none appear

member cryrus , last vist oct 17 2004,thread list shows he posted up to near that date but his post history has disapeared.

there are many more ,but i cant be bothered sparring with a wall

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join