It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Stimulus Package Question: Where's my check?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I realize this is probably in the wrong forum, so feel free to move it there is belongs, which I amnot sure of.

OK, like most people, I am broke and waiting on my payment. I filed my taxes on time via E-File, (and because of some IRS thing about not being able to send the entire refund of $2900,only $2500, I had to file an extra return to get the other $400, which was mailed per the instructions, not e-filed)

So here is my question: Because I had direct deposit on my 2007 taxes, the money should have been transmitted by Friday, May 2nd, according to the IRS web site, because the last 2 digits of my SSN is very low. But I havent recieved it yet. Why would that be? Could it be because I had to mail the 2nd portion my taxws to get the extra $400? That to should be direct deposit as well.

I did owe the State of Minnesota though, and have heard that they need to verify 1st that I paid them. Is that true? I did pay it about 3 weeks ago.

Any thoughts? Right now, I'm $300 in the hole, and have more bils to pay this week - daycare, before / after school care for another, gas so I can get to work, etc, and I dont get paid until another week

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The tax prep software that you use is totally irrelevant as to how your rebate is paid to you. HOW your REFUND was paid is what matters.

If your refund was paid by check, so will be your rebate.

If your refund was sent directly to your bank by the IRS your rebate will be sent to the same account.

If you chose a rapid refund or opted to have your prep and/or filing fees deducted from your refund or some other financial arrangement with the tax prep firm or software company then you will receive a check in the mail. That is because your refund was NOT sent directly to YOUR bank account by the IRS, but to a temporary account at a 3rd party bank to process the loan or fee-strip. When you do that, the IRS does NOT have your bank account details even if the tax software printed your account information on your copy.

Against the darkness and take care,
Nephilim2012

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I should have had mine already, too.

It should have been by direct deposit, and according to the last two digits of my SSN, it should have been deposited in last week.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

It should have been by direct deposit, and according to the last two digits of my SSN, it should have been deposited in last week.

The 9th was Friday and most banks close their books at 2pm on Friday. Any transaction done after 2pm, will not show up in your acct untill 12:01 Tuesday morning.

2nd and a little known misconception of these checks that the IRS is just now informing individuals about.

IF you used a tax service to prepare your refund and did NOT pay the up front fee such as the $29.95 for TurboTax, then your stimulus check WILL be mailed to you sometime in June or July.

Just check out the irs website for mailed release dates pertaining to your last 2 digits of your social security number.

Nephilim2012

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephilim2012

I did mine online on the Turbo Tax site and paid the $29.95 fee.

Are you saying that means I WILL be getting mine deposited?

Thanks for clearing that up, by the way. Much appreciated.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Has anyone received a rebate yet via check in the mail? Or are they going to finish all the direct deposits first? That seems unfair to me. I had to PAY addl. taxes this year, so of course didn't set up a direct deposit with the IRS, I had to mail them a check on 4/15. And now on top of having to PAY them more money, I have to wait to maybe July for my rebate? When you consider it's the US govt. I guess it makes sense.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumbeni

Paper checks won't even start being mailed til the 16th.

This website has the stimulus check payment schedule on it.

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns Processed by April 15

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well that schedule is bogus, it's just something the govt. threw out there to shut people up, confuse them, or whatever. My friend's SS last 2 digits are 01 and he still hasn't recvd. his money, which should be direct deposit, so you definitely cannot go by the phony IRS schedule.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well, after several days of trying to get thru, and being hung up on once because of the operator error, I found my answer

Because I used a 2nd party to take care of my refund's direct deposit (via the software mentioned), the IRS doesn't have MY bank info, although this 3rd party does.

When you use software programs for taxes, if you elect there service to handle the refund deposit, the forms they send to the IRS have THEIR bank info to direct the money, not MY Bank info, which is what I put on the tax returns. Because they are pay services, yet cheap, the refund gets deposited into that account, then they take there fee, and send you the rest of your refund. So therefore, to the IRS, you didnt have direct deposit, because your refund wasn't directly deposited into your own, person account direct from the IRS.

Therefore, the IRS cant direct deposit because the past 5 years, my tax bank info has been thru a 3rd party. Guess I should have read the fine print a little more.

I'm also geting $600 less because I own a lawn & snow business to just make ends meet. That means because I'm trying to make money & provide for my family because of riseing costs, etc, AND working a real job for an employer, I dont qualify for the full amount. All because I had some tax deductions related to my business. Cant even claim legel deductions anymore without having it come back later to say your deductions don't count.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephilim2012

Originally posted by Sublime620

IF you used a tax service to prepare your refund and did NOT pay the up front fee such as the $29.95 for TurboTax, then your stimulus check WILL be mailed to you sometime in June or July.

Nephilim2012

It doesnt matter what you paid, or when you paid it to Turbo Tax, Tax Cut, H & R Block's new program, if you used a service, 9 chances out of 10 your check will be mailed to you. See why in my post above this.

Mine is to arrive OR be mailed out no later than this Friday, according to a leter I recieved Tuesday. But it can take up to 6 weeks to recieve,again, from the IRS letter I recieved and talking with them.

Guess I've fallen victim to the Media's Sheeple Project.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Spoontoad, you said you recvd. a letter from IRS w/ delivery date info. Does the date correspond w/ the "chart" that has been floating around showing direct deposit and mail dates, according to the last two digist of your ss number?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanx for this post. I should have got mine on the 9th, DD, and was starting to think I wasn't getting it for some reason.

I need it! I have $10 to last 2 weeks...lol I spent more than I should stupidly expecting my $300 on the 9th.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bumbeni
Spoontoad, you said you recvd. a letter from IRS w/ delivery date info. Does the date correspond w/ the "chart" that has been floating around showing direct deposit and mail dates, according to the last two digist of your ss number?

Yes, although the IRS site says checks will be mailed out starting May 16th (according to the last 2 digits of my SSN) but the letter states I should recieve it by May 16th, but it could take up to 6 weeks to recieve it.

So with that said, my take on it is that I will recieve it anytime between May 16th and June 30th.

Everyone who is getting the stimulus package should get this letter before you recieve your payment, according to the IRS. It will tell you how much your payment is, and when you should recieve it.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. Now a question for those who HAVE received their money already: did you get a letter from the IRS telling you how much and when you would get it? Of course I am not questioning Spoontoad that he did in fact get a letter, I just haven't heard anyone mention it, neither that I know personally nor on this board.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spoontoad

Spoontoad, they may just be mailing to people who are not receiving the amount they expect due to the IRS witholding part of it for various reasons.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Anok, I think 90 percent of the country is in about the same shape as you! I know I am, and it seems like everyone I know now is just living from paycheck to paycheck. I don't know how young familes are managing, that have to buy lots of groceries, clothing, school supplies etc. It's all I can do to take care of myself! I pray our country gets a leader who will bring us out of this terrible economic situation.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bumbeni
Thanks for the reply. Now a question for those who HAVE received their money already: did you get a letter from the IRS telling you how much and when you would get it? Of course I am not questioning Spoontoad that he did in fact get a letter, I just haven't heard anyone mention it, neither that I know personally nor on this board.

I got mine money direct deposted last week. As expected. And enjoyed spending it

I also got a letter around the same time confirming what I was getting.

I will say this though. It is not as much as I thought. LOL But I have to look further into why. Im sure I misread something somewhere.

Heres it the leter I got:

PAGE 1

PAGE 2

[edit on 14-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Damn. How many millions in postage do you suppose they are spending in sending those letters? I can't handle that. More millions in taxpayer money down the tube. We could all pretty much figure out how much we qualified for. This govt. is one big clusterf*ck.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh yes, I forgot to say Thanks greeneyedleo for the reply.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There's something fishy about this rebate promise. I am noticing far too many people saying they should have gotten theirs and haven't, in addition that various reasons have been given as to why by speculators and the government.

It seems only a handful of people have gotten theirs (all by direct deposit), but many have not and everything is running late.

Does anyone feel this was some type of ploy to keep everyone quiet for another month while they come up with something new?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join