It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Stimulus Package Question: Where's my check?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think I found out something about mine:

Turbo Tax users may be delayed until June? Anyone have more info on that?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well I think we will all get our rebates, actually they started sending them out a little sooner than originally announced. However, you cannot go by that schedule that they released. My sisters last 2 digits are 78 and she got her DD 2 weeks ago, yet a friend of mine's last 2 digits are 01 and he still has not recvd. his DD. I'm getting a check so I will probably have to wait a couple more months. It really hacks me off that they are spending millions in postage to send letters to people to tell them the same thing they can tell us in public announcements in the press. Say they spend 10 million in postage, that would go a long way to helping the homeless.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I used Turbo Tax and filed online.

So, that is not the issue.

Im sure it takes forever for the few people working this to print things out, mail, etc etc. Then there is the good ol snail mail.

I got my deposit BEFORE I received my letter

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I didn't realize until tonight (expecting ours by friday) that we would be getting ours in the mail due to H&R Block... I think it is absolutly rediculous that just because we can't fill out our own taxes and know for certain that they are correct so we trust another to do it that we have to wait an extra 2 months! We are a military family that is negative in the bank account and we just got paid today... we NEED that money. We don't expect it, but we do NEED it!!! It's rediculous that my husband goes and gets shot at mulitple times, the military hospitals care is so poor that my son developed Autisim durring an 8 hour wait in an emergency room and I have to put my entire life on hold and CANT have a job because we can't afford the child care and the military will not be flexable (even by 15 minutes) with his sched. and we have to WAIT for it??!!!! They are paying us so little as it is and they do not take into account of the rising costs of living but once a year, at the beginning of the year- i'm sorry to those of you that are not military families but everyone in my neighborhood, which is military, is waiting on it and 9/10 now have to wait because of H&R block, i think that with the things we give up and the way we live financially, we should get out checks right away! 800/month is not enough to live off of now days!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I just wanted to let everyone know that the IRS made a mistake with our rebate and forgot to figure in our daughter. You can go to the IRS website and use the Economic Stimulus Calculator to let you know if you received the right amount or not. If not, then you call the IRS Customer Service line and they'll fix it for you.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Heard on radio on way to work that at least 15,000 rebates have been put in the wrong bank accounts due to computer glitch.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Found this in my Email.

Sort of a "Not my fault mon."

"Dear Valued Customer,

We want to provide you with the most up–to–date information about the tax rebate to which you may be entitled.

Recently, you may have received a letter from the IRS advising you when to expect your Economic Stimulus Payment (rebate). That IRS letter may have inadvertently left off some important information. Taxpayers who chose to have their tax preparation fees deducted from their federal tax refund will receive their tax rebate in the mail, not via direct deposit.

Our records show that you chose this payment option in TurboTax. As a result, the IRS has determined that you will receive your tax rebate in the mail. This may result in you receiving your rebate on a date later than expected.

This situation, while not unique to TurboTax, is understandably causing some concern and confusion. To help further clarify the situation, below is the most current IRS rebate payment processing schedule, as well as additional resources about the tax rebates.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, the best source for the most up-to-date information is www.irs.gov (see the "Rebate Payment Questions" link).

Sincerely,

Bob Meighan

Vice President, TurboTax Customer Advocacy"

Not really much info, but it's supposed to be the latest.

Looks like they're as much in the dark as everyone else....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well, just a few updates with my payment status, and a few things I dont understand.

(1) My sister-in-law recieved her payment on April 28th, via direct deposit. What's wierd is she ALSO used Turbo Tax. So how did she get her payment?
She never thought anything of it until we showed her our email letter. She thinks she may have recieved her's earlier because she isn't married, has no kids, and filed her taxes in late January. Her last2 #'s of her SSN is 16

(2) I called the IRS help line and asked them about this, and she said she couldn't answer that, and can only provide info as to my account, what I am going to get, and when. During the conversation, I asked that if she was a Goverment Worker, why couldn't she expain certain questions. SHe told me she is NOT a government employee, and doesn't work for the IRS. She works in a call center contracted to the IRS only for this purpose (the stimulus package Q & A)

(3) My letter (like another person posted pics off) states that I will RECIEVE my payment by May 16th, however, on the IRS web site, it stated the checks will be mailed out NO LATER THAN May 16th. So to the IRS, is their "Mailing Date" also considered your "Recieve" date, just like when you file your taxes on April 15th? Regardless, I had some "choice" words for her & the IRS.

IMO, the government really screwed this up. If they wanted to help the economy, they should have just mailed / direct deposited the payments on the same day. This package isn't going to help the economy if payments are going to be made to you sometime between April 28th & Mid-July. There wont be any noticable spending increase. What they should have done is just set a date, and mail / direct deposit the payments on that date. That way, you would think about 80% of Americans would recieve it at the same time.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's what I got today:

Dear Valued Customer,

We want to provide you with the most up–to–date information about the tax rebate to which you may be entitled.

Recently, you may have received a letter from the IRS advising you when to expect your Economic Stimulus Payment (rebate). That IRS letter may have inadvertently left off some important information. Taxpayers who chose to have their tax preparation fees deducted from their federal tax refund will receive their tax rebate in the mail, not via direct deposit.

Our records show that you chose this payment option in TurboTax. As a result, the IRS has determined that you will receive your tax rebate in the mail. This may result in you receiving your rebate on a date later than expected.

This situation, while not unique to TurboTax, is understandably causing some concern and confusion. To help further clarify the situation, below is the most current IRS rebate payment processing schedule, as well as additional resources about the tax rebates.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, the best source for the most up-to-date information is www.irs.gov (see the "Rebate Payment Questions" link).

Sincerely,

Bob Meighan

Vice President, TurboTax Customer Advocacy

If the last two digits
of your Social Security
number are: Payments will be
mailed no later than:
00 – 09 May 16
10 – 18 May 23
19 – 25 May 30
26 – 38 June 6
39 – 51 June 13
52 – 63 June 20
64 – 75 June 27
76 – 87 July 4
88 – 99 July 11

Other sources for current information on the rebate program are.

www.irs.gov...=182734,00.html
www.irs.gov...=182735,00.html

For more information on TurboTax and rebates, please visit turbotax.intuit.com...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My Cusin got his monday it was mailed out friday the 16th and got it monday the 19th... mine was mailed out monday the 19th and i have not got mine yet.... i got the letter the 20th but his letter came in the same day he got his check. why was that?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm curious if any of the folks who've gotten hung-up on the Turbo Tax/Santa Barbara Savings bit have received their check?

If so was it as mentioned above electronically or via mail?

I'm wondering too if anyone who expects the check in the mail has received theirs?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join