It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Fair enough, but let's look at it another way.

You're right. The military has guidelines, restrictions, regulations, and are limited by any number of treaty limitations.

Spartan, I can tell you first hand that if you want to get something done that would require force - it's much less blood and much quicker to be able to skirt the rules.

Five hundred mercenaries can do things that five thousand soldiers can't do.

It's not that the soldiers are incapable, but that the mercenaries are among the best of the best. They have much different motivations, much different skill sets, much different mind-sets, and they can make things happen. Fast.

Consider the Ten Thousand of Xenophone.

I've done a bit of manhunting for the money myself, and we were highly motivated. Much different putting your ass on the line for a really good payday than for the normal pay as a soldier.

A mercenary will really let it hang out there, just to get the job done.

They have their place.

That's the biggest load of garbage i've ever read. Blackwater does nothing but personal protection, convoy protection for companies, and intelligence gathering. they do simple things the military doesn't want to waste fighting forces to do. They do no direct action and wouldn't be able to match the military in doing direct action.

They cannot match the military in capabilities. they don't have the air support, nor the transportation capabilities, and much more.

When they get in trouble they call for the US military.

Blackwater is not going to pay one million dollars to train their personal to US SOF standards. They just hire X us special forces. When they hired cops and random people they proved to be incompetent when they were in contact. that's why they stopped hiring them.

500 mercenaries can do more than 5k soliders? LOL that's hilarious and wrong; they don't have tanks or apaches. they ride around in SUVs and pickup trucks getting smoked by IEDs.

I've seen probably the worst group of guys in Iraq from a private contracting company.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by eikmun]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
One thing that suprised me about Black Water was it's deal with the CIA for some secret program that got shot down.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I can honestly say that after actually serving in the military, I have a much more favorable opinion about PMCs than before.

The military is riddled with bureaucracy, red tape, and rules & regulations. Contractors are capable of being much more flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the client. They're not beholden to a hierarchical, bureaucratic structure. They don't have to follow rigid SOPs and rules & regulations that put themselves at risk.

It honestly comes down to a profit driven private sector vs. a bureaucratic, hierarchical public sector. There are a lot of gains to be had from outsourcing to PMCs. You do, however, have to have some regulations and oversight in place to prevent a recurrence of Blackwater's mishaps.

But I can assure you, PMCs are going to be here to stay.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
"They are being trained to be used against us Americans" hopefully when they come we will be prepared for them

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The title of your post is either a misunderstanding of terms or an intentional zing to the so-called right wing. Nothing you say in your interesting post warrants a conclusion that Blackwater is controlled and directed by "rightwing conservatives".

From what you say, it sounds like the founder of Blackwater is a conservative. Doesn't mean the organization is or that how it is being used makes it "Conservative". After all, a Dem is in the White House. So why would you imply the right-wing is running things?

Or the founder of Blackwater could be a neo-conservative. It is neo-conservatives that are often connected with "nation-building" and forced spreading of democracy. Neo-conservativism is a misnomer as it was a phenomenon founded by intellectual Dems, altho it crosses party lines at this time. Plenty of conservatives right-wingers are isolatationists...get it?"...they're conservative...not interested much in getting into other peoples' business.

Think of neo-cons as akin to social liberals. Whereas social liberals generally want to run and control other peoples' lives domestically, neo-cons want to do that on a global, rather than domestic, scale thru foreign policy. They want to change the world into some utopia they have in mind. Fundamentally, this is not a conservative ideal.

Typo edit

[edit on 24-1-2010 by pumpkinorange]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pumpkinorange

The title of your post is either a misunderstanding of terms or an intentional zing to the so-called right wing. Nothing you say in your interesting post warrants a conclusion that Blackwater is controlled and directed by "rightwing conservatives".

Go back and read the time/date stamp of the original post.

I fully understand the terminology of "right-wing" and "left-wing".

While I may not have mentioned anything specific the original post was began because of Jeremy Scahill's book, and went from there, and included my thoughts on mercenaries.

From what you say, it sounds like the founder of Blackwater is a conservative. Doesn't mean the organization is or that how it is being used makes it "Conservative". After all, a Dem was in the White House. So why would you imply the right-wing is running things?

Erik Prince is nothing more than a self-serving idiot, serving self-serving idiots.

Politician's serve their own interests, and those of lobbying groups, and special interest groups.

They do not serve American interests anymore, those of the citizens, the ones who they are allegedly serving.

Again, read the time/date stamp, the thread was started when Bush was in office.

And Obama is no better as he's proved he's going to finish what Bush started.

Running America into the ground, Bush and Cheney started it, Obama is the mop-up man.

Political Collusion of a President and Congress in Collapsing America, The Fall of the New Rome

Or the founder of Blackwater could be a neo-conservative. It is neo-conservatives that are often connected with "nation-building" and forced spreading of democracy. Neo-conservativism is a misnomer as it was a phenomenon founded by intellectual Dems, altho it crosses party lines at this time. Plenty of conservatives right-wingers are isolatationists...get it?"...they're conservative...not interested in getting into other peoples' business.

I'm neither "right-wing" nor "left-wing" so neither side sits well with me.

Iraq and Afghanistan is about G.O.D., Guns, Oil, and Drugs, nothing more.

The false pretext of W.M.D.'s in Iraq and 9/11 were the lie sold by P.N.A.C.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Project for the New American Century

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. that lasted from early 1997 to 2006.

It was co-founded as a non-profit educational organization by neoconservatives William Kristol and Robert Kagan.

The PNAC's stated goal was "to promote American global leadership."

Fundamental to the PNAC were the view that "American leadership is both good for America and good for the world" and support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity."

The PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War.

Think of neo-cons as akin to social liberals. Whereas social liberals generally want to run and control other peoples' lives domestically, neo-cons want to do that on a global, rather than domestic, scale thru foreign policy. They want to change the world into some utopia they have in mind. Fundamentally, this is not a conservative ideal.

I would rather think of any political party as a false dichotomy.

When we have two choices, we have no choices at all, Republic or Democrat, two sides of the same corrupt coin.

You mentioned "neo-conservatives" but the list of people who helped sell the lie of theIraq War are a mile long with people, other than those "neo-conservatives".

[edit on 24-1-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

True enough on your thoughts. And apologies for missing the dates.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

True enough on your thoughts. And apologies for missing the dates.

No apology needed.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

As for Blackwater/Xe I see what they do as wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Want some truth about this 'company'?

Its not a private group.

Its the CIA. Period.

Why do you think they get a pass on everything...

Why do you think they handle renditions...

Why do you think CIA and BlackWater work hand and hand here and abroad...

We think BlackWater, or now XE Services is up too, we dont.

Think about it like this...

When Obama came into office, who was his admin going after hard... The intel community. Navy Seals... All kinds of people.

Now, Obama is hiding his records with his own money...

If, and this is a big if, it comes out Obama is not legally an eligible president, who do you think will go and remove him from office?

The CIA/BlackWater/FBI

Theres a reason theyre being demonized right now.

Now, this is good for we the people, but not so much. We all know the CIA have their own jacked up agenda and its not what we want. Look what they did with Katrina... They took over and locked it down under martial law.

You think we really have any idea whats going on with any of this for the most part?

We dont.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

I will say this for your commentary, you're not saying anything I haven't been thinking.

But thank you for posting it nonetheless.

And I know far more about this organization than I have ever posted on it.

As well far more than I ever will post about it due to knowing it will get me killed.

As far as the C.I.A. connection, this rabbit-hole goes deep and wide, deep and wide.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
No worries mate.

Id like to post more, but with a big family, I worry. I have hours and hours of videos that would do lots of... Well, how do you say...Not look good.

Anyone remember a guy named Nick Berg?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Also, why does everyone still think U.N. troops will be used to round us up?

They dont need U.N. troops for NADA. Nor NATO.

Theres multiple 'private' NGO's with standing Armys that are so much more advanced and unloyal than our guys and even the U.N.

XE Services and others, dont need to worry about anything because they are the shadow govts shadow Armies.

Martial Law I honestly believe is already inacted and just not fully in play yet.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by eikmun
Blackwater is not going to pay one million dollars to train their personal to US SOF standards. They just hire X us special forces. When they hired cops and random people they proved to be incompetent when they were in contact.

Just suffice it to say you are sadly mistaken and due to a signed agreement of non-disclosure I will say no more of the matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Blackwater, now Xe, is America's way of taking care of business without people knowing about it. Heavy press coverage in America's wars limits the full capabilities of our government. Blackwater was used in Hurricane Katrina to deter people from looting, and has been used for other helpful things in natural disasters.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Clearly, the purpose of using Blackwater/Xe, or other mercenaries domestically is to effectively circumvent Habeas Corpus, which restricts the domestic use of the military.

I think this is pretty obvious and doesn't require any major leap of logic.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Go to the site they own and you can applie for a job working for them right here in america.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

To be honest governments does not care at all when there is a movie that suggests conspiracies etc. they really wouldnt bother.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Well, good, I'd hate to see liberals running the show over there. Before you know it, we'd have npr do good types filming everything and seeking to expose every little weakness of OUR OWN men, just so they could grab a little fame, which is what they always do- proven the world over many times.
No, we need conservative angry republicans doing this job, I mean, when is the last time you really met a liberal who wanted to live with the imperfect system we have? Once you start something you just can't back out of it. People like that Ketchup guy from Seattle what's his name who started to run for prez... he fought in Vietnam and came home to disgrace our image by pointing out a few sickos in our ranks.

Do you know what a liberal group would do over there? It would be another Acorn scandal.
fact: 9 out of 10 political scandals since 1776 have been democrats. This is a real poll, I did not and would not make that up.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Eric Prince was interviewed by Laura Logan and Prince actually admitted that his 'employees' are mercenaries. Interestingly, Laura Logan was a victim of sexual assault during the middle east protests, which blackwater mercenaries could have been a part of. It's a possibility.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1ghtCr4wl3r
Blackwater, now Xe, is America's way of taking care of business without people knowing about it. Heavy press coverage in America's wars limits the full capabilities of our government. Blackwater was used in Hurricane Katrina to deter people from looting, and has been used for other helpful things in natural disasters.

If it is so helpful why do they have to do it without people knowing it? Evil hides in the dark, goodness is out in the open.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join