It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, this is really digging into the old archives for a story. Interesting info tho..in historic context.

I'd just note, Blackwater doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for years. Which name they go under now? I've lost track... Are they still Xe or Academi or whatever? The organization exists..but Erik Prince is hardly the fair haired boy to leadership anymore. His star crashed and burned on personal levels when his buddy left the second term at the White House. I doubt Obama would want to be in the same room with the man, if given a choice.

Something more important to note though, and really why I took a moment to drop a note on this long past story. Blackwater was only ONE half of the Prince Empire. (Well..more than just halves I guess and 'what a tangled web we weave.....').

Blackwater was the United States based, domestic merc army and merc support of U.S. operations around the world. A very profitable one too, as I understand it. At least, if you weren't on the pointy end of Blackwater's attentions. The thing is, domestic and American is right. They weren't elitist but that division was English speaking primary and U.S rules/standards for operation. The mercenaries we all grew to love and hate..not necessarily in equal measure.

They OTHER half was called Greystone. Like they name might imply...it's far less clear except for one thing. The "OTA" recruits (Other than American..or allied sources) went there, not Blackwater. Call Blackwater for Katrina contract security with machine guns (and many did..and Blackwater showed up, as paid and ordered to). Call Greystone when you want people that didn't come to be engrained with American law, sense of fairness and conscience. I.E....When you want guys who grew up suffering what you want to do to others? They were, as I understood it back then, the ones to call.

However....Like No Such Agency was for most of it's existence? It's more rumor and supposition than hard absolutes. The only people to know for sure, I'd imagine, are the ones who saw Blackwater or Greystone troops land opposite them ...and damn few of those type are alive today to say anything about what happened next.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicts

Blackwater normally wants people who come from unconventional warfare groups in the military (which is becoming the entirety of combat arms in the military - albeit far too slowly. I don't even see why conventional training still exists other than to provide the fundamentals).

Police, on the other hand, get the same short shorts, nut to butt privates, lame guy training that infantry gets for the most part. They really need to do away with short shorts and nut to butt drills. I mean seriously. SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!

So, as has been shown, gangs actually increase their efficiency by joining the police even more so than joining the military in most cases (unless they get in a UW group).

There was this one group in Detroit that had police training on conducting raids from an ex-police guy. They would put on body armor, pretend to be police, kick in doors and rape old ladies when they hit the wrong houses (they were trying to hit trap houses, but apparently got very angry when their info was bad). One time they kicked in the door and two AKs opened up on them ahahaha a few got hit and the rest ran. Go 2nd amendment.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's not even all one group anymore. Doesn't really matter though. Just say Blackwater and people know who you are talking about. Those fat civilians with beards who outshine way too in-shape 20 somethings.

Obama has his own hit squads within the military. Personally, I think Blackwater was doing a better job from what I have read (which I wouldn't really trust anyways). Armed civilians will always do better work than the military.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

it outlines how Erik Prince is aligned with the Republican Party and how he has donated heavily to them throughout his life, which is not illegal but as we all know Republicans are all about giving money to companies so the companies can pay them off later or guarantee them a job as a CEO or some other position within their walls after a Republican's political life has ended.

Oh I see, So you are saying the republican party is all about the money except when it comes to politics. Hence they wouldn't try to influence the democrats with money. Even if they did , the Democrats superior ethics would not let something like money impact their political ideology.

Let us know when you get back to reality.

The only problem with that is, the Obama administration dealt with Blackwater and XE services as well as the republicans.

Its the Republican versus Democrat mentality of the political cheerleaders that is ruining this country. Please wake up people and realize its all about the money and both party are working for the lobbyist. There is no politics that takes place in DC, its purely business.

edit on 07228America/ChicagoFri, 07 Feb 2014 11:07:57 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Armed civilians will always do better work than the military.

I very seriously doubt the Iraqi civilians share your view of American contract civilians that came to their nation to make war by US policy.

Somehow..I think they really didn't come to see Blackwater thugs as anything close to 'good guys'. Personally, neither do I.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Armed civilians will always do better work than the military.

I very seriously doubt the Iraqi civilians share your view of American contract civilians that came to their nation to make war by US policy.

Somehow..I think they really didn't come to see Blackwater thugs as anything close to 'good guys'. Personally, neither do I.

1st thing: there are no good guys. They don't exist. Evil is a part of the human condition.

That being said, there were tons of Iraqi civilians who were slaughtered by evil people within the military. Which unit was operating in the area made all the difference. More specifically - which squad.

Same goes for contractors. Which group of contractors was operating in the area made all the difference. And by which group of contractors, I don't mean which company that was employing them. I mean which individual group of people riding around with guns.

Good people don't exist. Only a few people have attained righteousness on this planet, and that only happens through God. As for the rest - all bad.

Conflict is always bad. But I will take civilians over our military any day. The only way you end up in a war zone coming from the US military is if you were brainwashed wearing short shorts with your shirt tucked in and some guy telling you to put your nuts on the next mans but. Maybe that's why so many Iraqis got burned up. A bunch of sexually perverse idiots who draw penis's all over fort Knox and talk about raping and stealing before even graduating from OSUT are the only people who are actually graduating from OSUT.
edit on 7-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

But I will take civilians over our military any day.

For all it's problems and all the very serious command level issues it suffers at the moment? I couldn't possibly disagree more strongly or deeply with every sense of that feeling. My opinions form from family and friends both having served and currently serving in Uniform for our Nation. The military is a tool and like a tool, it hammers what it's swung at. Go fire the jerks who swing the hammer, not the hammer for doing what it's designed to do when swung. The culprits can be found in a house on 1600 Penn Ave and another big white building in the same town with a Dome on top.

Best to probably drop it there in my case, too. Thanks for the chat!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That's strange. My feelings developed from the exact same sources, with the majority coming from combat arms. Curious that our conclusions differ.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

That's strange. My feelings developed from the exact same sources, with the majority coming from combat arms. Curious that our conclusions differ.

No so much, I'd think. There are 330 million people in this nation, give or take a few...and over 1 million in the various positions within the U.S. armed forces, as of a recent tally I saw. What would be weird is if everyone agreed on any one topic, outside hard science for facts which 'just are'.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

True, but I was kind of hinting at a rather nasty piece of what I am pretty sure was propaganda.

The propaganda that civilian contractors were getting our service members killed.

Of course, unlike most propaganda, I can't be sure that it even was really propaganda (as in intentionally slanted information with an agenda).

With both contractors and military personnel succumbing to their animal sides after seeing the atrocities that were occurring in Iraq, and oftentimes knowing people who were killed in the worst of ways, I can see how contractors might end up blaming the military and the military might end up blaming the contractors for things that should not be blamed on entire groups. Truth is: both the contractors and the military had people in them who did things that should not have been done.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Blackwater (Academi) always gets far too much grief from people who have zero idea about their work and the needs for private military.

Most of my ex-military friends have worked for Blackwater or Armor Group since back in 2003.

I wholly support any administration that has a network of private military companies. A lot of ex mil guys take up work for these outfits and need that work.

We need MORE police and more private military!! Law and Order needs to be upheld at a time of financial crisis. And Private military will do the jobs the regular armed forces can't or won't do.

Oh and those who wish to comment against my comment, please do, but it will fall on deaf ears.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The only facts and opinions that have altered since the date of this article are the names of the individuals, corporations, and locations involved. Oh, and the substantial increase in the number of private contractors dedicated to the safety and security of their fellow citizens and the interests of their country.

'They are the unappreciated patriots'
www.latimes.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
WOW...this is a long and old thread...tried reading it, but trailed off after a few pages. I started to read the Blackwater book the OP did...through it out after a few chapters. I work for a Private Security Company, and have for 5 years. I have many friends that have worked for Blackwater/Xe/Acadami/XPG, along with several others. Once you tie the 'Mercenary' title to any of these companies or people, you have lost my interest and respect. What they think a merc is surely doesn't match the UN definition. Hardly a person on here said they actually knew a Contractor first hand. Everyone knows someone that knows someone. From first hand experience, I can tell you about the PSC companies I have worked for....the contract with the US government they have and the people that are hired. PCSs, like any other job and the military, are filled with great people...and also some A-hole, dirt bags and non-hackers. Find someone ever canned from a job and see how well they speak their former employer. Ask someone about a company that they have a moral objection to. See what kind of comments you get.

I personally can not stand when someone has called me a Mercenary...or my profession 'war profiteering'. Yet, when I did the EXACT SAME JOB in the military, I was a 'hero'...and my cause was just. I can debate each of the standards that the UN uses to identify a Mercenary. There are 2 main definitions...each with 5 characteristics. As a contractor for a PSC, you are directly hired by the US, that is a party to the conflict. That is enough to make the distinction. Why is it important? If ever captured by a nation that will honor the UN Mercenary Convention of 2001, it determines how are treated. For everything else, it's the negative images it displays. As for war profiteering...my company business is security, and they are in it to make a profit. They do not jack up the price. The contracts are an open bid, the lowest bid with the best performance wins. Sometimes no-bid contracts are issued, but they are now very rare. If you have an issue with the cost of some of these contract, talk to your elected officials.

And final note on my rant...'You do this for the money'...Yes, I do. And so does most of the military. Ask a military member why they joined...the honest reason...and most will say they did it for an income, or school, or some kind a financial benefit. And why does the DoS and DoD using PSCs...simple...they can hire and fire as they need...and they get them already trained. My current gig has me out side the wire with the US Army, and with out a doubt...my contractors are more professional and better trained then the soldiers we work with.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Their main job is to secure oil for the U.S. Thats why they are called BLACK WATER, which is another term for oil.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
"as we all know Republicans are all about giving money to companies so the companies can pay them off later or guarantee them a job as a CEO or some other position within their walls after a Republican's political life has ended."

I love when we make assumptions about everyone else. I cannot say I disagree with your statement but find it disheartening that you apply this only to Republicans when in reality it applies to those in Washington DC be they Republican or Democrat. Les face facts, as long as you and others believe this to be a game of "US and Them" that's exactly what it will continue to be and "they" will win. \

There is very little difference between a Republican and Democrat as far the end they both wish to achieve, which is power and money. The way to that end is where the differences lie, the Republicans wish to maintain power and control with the money by using our own greed against us, using corporate power to controls us with jobs and money while Democrats wish to use our greed of something for nothing and dependence on government to achieve the same results.

As for Black-water or whatever name it is using today is an American company which has the right to operate within America, I don't not agree with the Author of the book nor disagree with you but simply you statement of facts which are not supported by facts and your assumption that "we all know this".

Black-water is a private army that will be used by both sides before all is said and done as long as they do what whatever side wants them to do, it matters not to Republicans your beliefs, their belief, nor ours, simply the end Power Money and Control. It matters not to a Democrat your beliefs, mine, nor theirs only the end, Power control and money.

Until we stop playing the game and say enough is enough and stop the nonsense they will have power, control and the money. Lets stop playing the game the way they want us to against each other and beat them at their own game. No more Us and Them please

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Skyfloating
Their main job is to secure oil for the U.S. Thats why they are called BLACK WATER, which is another term for oil.

Noooooo....The name Blackwater came from the swampy/muddy area they built their training ranges on...and the bear paw symbol came from the Black bear on the site

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It is all tied to the CIA. It is how they distance themselves for dirtywork and get immunity in conflicts. Just a big ol outfit pushed through a big ol loophole.

Vanity Fair outted Prince's CIA ties years back.
edit on 2-3-2014 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Useurbrain

Noooooo....The name Blackwater came from the swampy/muddy area they built their training ranges on...

...so they say...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Skyfloating

Useurbrain

Noooooo....The name Blackwater came from the swampy/muddy area they built their training ranges on...

...so they say...

Hahaha...ok man...if you think that, go with it.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Drop the "a" and it is a schill. could be a fake, could be real. sounds like a bunch of trigger-happy rednecks out on a hunt...usually they are quite American and respect the idea of America.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join