It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 American F15's video UFO over England

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well I would suggest reading IsaacKoi's post on this thread for, what I think, is the most pertinent comment on this incident and I include a snippet below:

"The author of the Ministry of Defence memo, a member of the Defence Flying Complaints Investigation Team, spoke with LATCC(Mil) on 7 March 2007 and with the pilot with the call sign (c/s) of GATOR 2 [493rd FS, 48th FW, RAF Lakenheath] on 20 March 2007.

The pilot confirmed that he had seen an object. He reported that the object had been "drifting with the wind" and was "between the size of a grapefruit and a soccer ball".

Thank you azzlin for reminding me where that thread was, have a star

It seems strange to me that if you were going to hoax an audio of a ufo than why choose to describe it as a "rock" why not something a little more impressive.

edit to thank azzlin

[edit on 4-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is stock video footage to give you something to look at while you listen to the audio communication.

What stood out in my mind:

"I had a radar hit... there was something there. It looked like a rock. I had no idea what it was."

"I picked it up twice, but my radar broke lock."

"I've got it again, it's at 17,700."

"Something small, very small black object at 17-7. It just flew right over me."

"Confirm - the object appears stationary?"

"I think it was moving at about 30 knots. My radar showed between 30 and 60. It's still at 17-7 and not falling. I don't think it's a bird."

"I'm showing basically no airpseed on it."

"I'm going to try and get a closer look at it. Follow in behind me if you can. Dude, I have no idea what that is!"

"I have visual now... what is that?"

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
It seems strange to me that if you were going to hoax an audio of a ufo than why choose to describe it as a "rock" why not something a little more impressive.

Hi Sherpa,

I interpeted the pilot as mentioning a "roc" (an enormous legendary bird of prey) rather than a "rock". See:
Wikipedia entry on the Roc

(This is just a bit of speculation as to the relevant word on the audio tape. It just makes a bit more sense in the context of the remainder of a transcript of the relevant transmissions, but is still not entirely consistent with the references by the same pilot to a small object... The documents that I have seen from the British Ministry of Defence in relation to this incident do not cover this point).

Since I'm getting around to posting in this thread, here are a few more bits and pieces...

This incident is discussed on ATS in the following threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is discussed on the UFOData forum in the following threads:
www.ufodata.co.uk...
www.ufodata.co.uk...
www.ufodata.co.uk...

A local news report on the incident can be found here:
www.buryfreepress.co.uk...

This incident was also discussed on UFO Updates and on the Ufologyinuk forum during March 2007.

Here is a transcript of the relevant transmissions incorporating infomation from two previous threads. The transcript was compiled mainly by ATS member “PW229”, but this version also incorporates one or two corrections and additions suggested by other members.

**TRANSCRIPT [compiled mainly by ATS member “PW229”]**

Aircraft 1 Pilot …alright dude no kidding. I just flew over I have a bulls-eye at zero zero eight for twenty ~BREAK~ I had a radar hit ~BREAK~ and I ahh, it was swinging looked like thirty knots err there was something there it looks like a uhh it didn’t look like a bird it looked like no kiddin’ a rock to me I ~BREAK~ kid you negative ~BREAK~ I have no idea what it was but uhh basically just ~BREAK~ heads up try to stay away from seventeen thousand keep your nugget on UNINTELLIGABLE I have no idea what it was ~BREAK~ I’m gonna’ use my radar to see if I can pick this object up again ~BREAK~ I’ve picked it up twice the first time I picked it up my radar broke lock so I thought it was just uhh some kind of bad lock or potential chaff ~BREAK~ I’m gonna’ turn back towards the ahh north for a little bit ~BREAK~

Tanker (?) Fuel pick up trail ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot Thanks I’m gonna uhh ~BREAK~ start coming back towards the uhh west ******* I think it was zero zero four for about twenty ~BREAK~ I’ve got it again it’s at seventeen seven ~BREAK~ three miles off my nose at sev…yeah seventeen seven I’m flying that way now. I’m gonna’ slow down ~BREAK~ I’m not gonna get below three hundred knots but uhh ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot …right towards you. Dude I can’t tell, something small

Aircraft 1 Pilot very small black object I had it at seventeen seven ~BREAK~ He just flew right it just flew right over me ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot Confirm the object appears stationary?

Aircraft 1 Pilot Well I, I couldn’t tell cause it was ~GARBLED~

Aircraft 1 WSO (very faint) Think it was moving about thirty.

Aircraft 2 Pilot Nearer eighty knots ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot Yeah my radar showed between thirty and sixty so I have no idea what it’s ~BREAK~ actually doing ~BREAK~ but it went from seventeen the first time I saw it to seventeen seven so it’s not falling ~BREAK~ I don’t think it was a bird ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot ~UNINTELLIGABLE~

Aircraft 1 Pilot What’s that?

Aircraft 2 Pilot Were you taking a manual lock or was it an auto guns lock? ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot *TONE* I’m getting’ him on auto guns every time ~BREAK~ Putting in a bulls-eye zero zero nine for fifteen ~BREAK~ “Still at” basically no airspeed on it ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot Two is clean

Aircraft 1 Pilot Say again ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot Two’s clean ~BREAK~ Two’s locked! Bulls-eye at zero one two fifteen, eighteen thousand.

Aircraft 1 Pilot alright I’m gonna’ uhh ~BREAK~ climb up beside it here. I wanna try and look at it then you follow in behind me if you can. ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot I’m at fourteen thousand.

Aircraft 1 Pilot (at the same time as the above transmission) UNINTELLIGABLE. ~BREAK~ Dude I have no idea what that is ~BREAK~ (Straining) But he’s passed over me. ~BREAK~ Now I’ve got it uhh seventeen thousand feet eight miles off my nose ~BREAK~ Bulls-eye zero four nine for twenty ~BREAK~ Seventeen thousand I’m gonna’ get down to sixteen five ~BREAK~ Uhh two point five miles off my nose right now ~BREAK~ seventeen thousand feet ~BREAK~ Yeah I’m not gonna be able to slow down as much as you are maybe you can slow down a little bit more, get a better look ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot (low bass tone) UNINTELLIGABLE ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot UNINTELLIGABLE outmaneuver him ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot Copy confirm you’ve merged weapons (?) ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot I am about to merge right now. I’m seeing him ~BREAK~ Underneath me now ~BREAK~ And I’m gonna’ get my airspeed back before I maneuver ~BREAK~ Are you locked or clean? ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot I’m no joy approaching line abreast with you two thousand feet high eighteen five ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot Copy that I’m gonna’ UNINTELLIGABLE ~BREAK~ You, you said you’re at eighteen? ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot Yeah contact I’m at eighteen five now you’re six o’clock for about three miles TONE ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot Copy that ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot If we are well clear I will descend at this time ~BREAK~ Fox(?) are we clear of this target? ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot I uhh ~BREAK~ I’m not sure. Again it stays between seventeen and eighteen so ~BREAK~ I, I believe I’m in the vicinity of it I’m not uhh a hundred percent positive ~BREAK~ UNINTELLIGABLE ~BREAK~ I have visual now ~BREAK~ I’m gonna fly underneath you ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot Copy I saw it that time and I cannot make out what it was ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot TONE you didn’t see it? ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot Confirmed

Aircraft 1 Pilot Alright I’m gonna circle back around ~BREAK~ TONE Hopefully we’ll be able to see it through the HUD.

Aircraft 2 Pilot We’ve got somebody else out here with it ~BREAK~

Aircraft 1 Pilot Yeah I see him ~BREAK~ Dude did you see anything? ~BREAK~

Aircraft 2 Pilot Negative

I have a couple of relevant documents from the British Ministry of Defence relating to this incident. If anyone is interested, I can try to make them available online (or find them on the Ministry of Defence's own website).

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 4-5-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2

Part of the mission was to baby sit these UFO craft.
Thats all they do these days.
If the UFO crashes they pin point it and sends out the rescue team.

ED:Believe ... or try a little conspiracy minded thought control.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I interpeted the pilot as mentioning a "roc" (an enormous legendary bird of prey) rather than a "rock".

I had not thought of that although I do know what a "Roc" is in legend, interesting.

I appreciate the transcript from the audio as I have not spent much time looking at this incident I can't exactly remember where I first heard of it, but it may have been from Chris Rolfe because I spoke to him on the phone a few weeks ago about another case.

If anyone is interested, I can try to make them available online (or find them on the Ministry of Defence's own website).

Personaly I appreciate your time and would be interested in those documents, thank you.

Regards

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

If anyone is interested, I can try to make them available online (or find them on the Ministry of Defence's own website).

Personaly I appreciate your time and would be interested in those documents, thank you.

Hi Sherpa,

No problem.

A Royal Air Force "Service Police Final Report" on this incident, by a member of the Defence Flying Complaints Investigation Team, can be found at the link below:
Relevant MOD memo.

The author of that "Final Report" spoke with LATCC(Mil) on 7 March 2007 and with the pilot with the call sign (c/s) of GATOR 2 [493rd FS, 48th FW, RAF Lakenheath] on 20 March 2007.

The pilot confirmed that he had seen an object. He reported that the object had been "drifting with the wind" and was "between the size of a grapefruit and a soccer ball".

After 3 passes, the object was dismissed as something that "may have fallen off a weather balloon".

That "Final Report" forms the substantive part of the content of the Freedom of Information Act response on
this page of the MOD website

My notes indicate that several people (some on ATS, some mentioned on UFO Updates) had planned to make FOIA requests on this incident in the USA. I haven't heard anything further about those requests from any of the relevant individuals.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 4-5-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks for that, clearly the incident did happen.

One point I found interesting from the transcript of the radio transmissions was this :

"Aircraft 2 Pilot We’ve got somebody else out here with it ~BREAK~ "

Who or what was that somebody else ?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Perhaps the fly boys did not communicate with the UFO.

Only laser communications are possible with UFOs, so its line
of sight.

It would be ground to ufo via laser and ground to air to tell the
pilots what to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join