It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive looking UFO photograph for sale on ebay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I love the wallpaper!!! Now i just have to learn more about my cpu and i can have a free sunset wallpaper.

If the Op is the seller then he's alittle ticked for the picture being stolen.
In that case how does that wallpaper look to you Op? If there was any concern on the moderators part they would get in touch with e-bay and solve their issue.

IMO I believe it is a fake. I say this cause I've seen one myself (I know they come in different colours, shapes and sizes) and the feeling I got was amazing and I wouldn't want to make a buck if I had a picture of it. I'd want to share it with my brothers and sisters of this planet, cause this is knowledge we all deserve.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They state you are only buying one "print" of the image, where is there any evidence to show this is actually on the film slide. And if he candoes show that it's on the film is it possible to photoshop a picture then take a picture of the picture to get it on the film? BTW, anyone know how to retract a bid?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If you really want the picture that bad, why not just copy and paste the picture and print it yourself? It will save you $99.98. It doesn't look real to me, but who knows what's real and fake anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Looks more similar to a pie tin or glass pie dish. I have one in my kitchen cupboard I bought at a thrift store for about $1.00. I suppose I could make it into a light fixture though. Pie in the sky?

[edit on 30-4-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by overclockedanimal

Wow I've never seen so much fakery in this photo. It's fake because it't digital.

You can fake this in Adobe Photoshop and/or 3d animation software. Even a first year cg student can do better than this.

So why is he selling it? Because he wanted to make money out of the gullibillies.

You hire a graphic artist to do the cg, composite it with real footage, voila!
money from Ebay baby!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
anybody who claims it's a ceiling fixture or truck/van lamp mind posting some comparative pictures?

i've never seen a light fixture that looks like that.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That is because it is an ALIEN light fixture - duuuh!

/crap joke mode off

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This is actualy the first good reason for making fake UFO`s otherwise theres none. Ripping people off on ebay haha

I really cannot belive someone has bidded! These type of people make other people rich quick

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This is clearly a reflection, as I think I can see tree branches near the "lamp" and even a little bit of the pole from the street lamp. I've circled the reflection and you can see it on the original photo.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by McOnyx]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
www.markharrelson.com...

VERY INTRIGUING photograph!
The person who snapped this shot is a professional photographer (see link above).

It's impossible to determine from the compressed photo's on ebay if it's authentic or not but just looking at it in an editor there are no obvious indications, that I can see, that this one has been tampered with.

It's even got some of those anomalous "faces" and embossed "letters" embedded in the "noise" or superimposed on it that we see in some photographs of orbs and other paranormal photo's too. This is not surprising because the UFO in this photo has an "ecto-plasmic" look to it. There are also some interesting tonal variations and an edge of one side of this "object" looks like it's got tentacle-like projections coming out from it.

At any rate, it seems odd that a UFO photographic hoaxer would opt to make his "ufo" looking more like a "ghost" than a solid object like we see most hoaxers insert into their photo's. The UFO in this photograph looks A-N-O-M-O-L-O-U-S and "other-worldly".

This person makes a living by taking photographs so this would explain why he's got this one on ebay. And because he's a professional photographer, and a very good one too, as you can see by what's on his website, there's no way he would try to pass off a hoax as the real thing because his reputation is on the line here. That would be a very foolish thing to do for someone in his position.

I think it quite possibly could be an authentic UFO. He's out there taking photographs everyday... that's how he pays his bills. So is it so surprising that someone like this would just so happen capture one of a UFO? I suppose for someone who has never seen a UFO, it would seem inexplicable that this person was so lucky to have captured an image of one in one of his photo's. But for those of us who have seen a UFO, it does not seem unusual at all.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by McOnyx

I think I see branches too,...that in conjunction with the guy not specifically describing the conditions under which he shot the images...

The guy might honestly not know that is what happened. On the other hand, he could be a shyster...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i only glanced at this thread and the claim of the UFO previously - but now i have had more time to look at it - the suspicion of fraud / deception deepens

look @ this image - composited from the onses on his ebay auction :

look carefully at the top row - all 3 images are different - different exposures and cloud patterns - but the ` ufo ` is in all 3 - thats a minimum of 3 different exposures - there might be more - and yet he didnt pick up on it @ the time - absurd

now look at the bottom 4 - why would a ` professional photographer ` present his slides ` back to front ` - ther different colours of the slide mounts confirms this

as this person is now claimed to bve a ` proffesional photographer ` - it beggars belief that he would not spot and look into it properly - when he picked the slides up

if we are to believe the printing on the slide frames - he was using a professional proccessing lab

i would not walk away from a pro lab with that anomoly in my slides - without knowing what it was - so why did he ????????????

i have been to a pro lab to get 2 of my photos printed @ hi res - and when i went in - the lobby was jammed with people examining thier negaive sheets with loupes before leaving - or getting prints

pro photographers do not print EVERYTHING they select thier best shots for print - and have them printed to thier spec

lastly the notion that he assumed it was lens flare is preposerous

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow! I didn't evaluate those slides that he's got on his ebay page but even more interesting that that UFO showed up in some of his other photo's of that location at that time too! This seems to amp up the legitimacy of his one photo that he's got on ebay!

Seems to me that, like all professional photographers at such scenic sights like this where the sky was so dramatically lit up like that, he just kept taking one photo after another -- he probably then moved to another vantage point after that too to catch that scenic view from another perspective. This is what they do. But time is precious because that "sunset window" is only open for not more than 15 or 20 minutes before it goes down. But one thing is evident, he probably did NOT see that object up there at the time when he was taking those photo's and this is not unusual at all because there are many, many UFO photograph's out there where the person who captured the photo of the UFO claims that they did NOT see it at the time when they were photographing the area and only saw it after the film was developed.

I can only imagine this person's archive of photo's he's taken around the world over the years -- thousands of photo's-- and it's my guess that after every photo session, he probably just looks over a few of those photo's after they've been developed -- from that session and then stashes it away in case he wants to use the photo's for something later. Like a photo showing at some Natural History Museum somewhere. But that he was currently changing those photo's into digitals where he finally looked over each one of them where he found that UFO does not in the least sound preposterous to me.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Welcome to ATS David.

Originally posted by DavidU
Now, it's SO obvious that the OP of this thread is the seller, and this thread should be deleted for a) fraud b) unauthorized advertisement.

I'm curious, however, as to exactly why you are so convinced that the OP is the ebay seller? I have looked, in detail, at the ebay information and I can find nothing that connects the two.

I think that such a comment should be supported by something, especially if you are suggesting that a member's thread be deleted.

Exactly! Thanks mate

I dont know how this fella is so convinced its got summin to do with me. At the end of the day, it aint a big deal, I ran into it and thought you chaps might find it interesting, thats all.

Ive been on this site loads of times and read a ton of posts, so I know how much detail you people go into when analysing stuff like this. You are all relentless, which is why this makes you the worst group of people to try and sell a picture like this to, This would be the last site I would come to.

But its frustrating when someone is accusing you of something you havnt done and theres know way of proving otherwise

Anyway, no harm done. snif snif

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by overclockedanimal

Interesting, where is the rest of it?
I think we are getting half the saucer.
Mexico has the old models.

And Mexico where the triangle does not exist and they chase them
back to the US.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey! That's a picture of the dome light on my old 64 Chevy.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
so...are you trying to sell this stuff on ebay? It looks like a ceiling lamp.

yea just what i thought

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
anybody who claims it's a ceiling fixture or truck/van lamp mind posting some comparative pictures?

i've never seen a light fixture that looks like that.

Check out this link:UFO Casebook
It's a picture that looks surprisingly similar and was discussed on ATS before. I have to correct my earlier post though, I think it's a reflection of a gauge from the dash of the car not the dome light. What do you think?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Makuahine

that link is niether the ceiling light fixture nor the car light that people seem to think the UFO is a reflection of.

i repeat, anybody have comparative pictures of these car lights/ceiling fixtures?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Quite obviously that is a reflection of something in either a car window or a house window.

Chances are a car wind screen reflecting the speedo.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join