It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive looking UFO photograph for sale on ebay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hello everyone

This is my first post, I didn’t intend on posting anything until I came up with something worthwhile and discussion worthy, so apologies if everyone sighs, shrugs their shoulders and says so what once they click on the following link.

Anyway I’ve been sniffing around eBay for err..stuff and came across this bloke who is selling a picture of a UFO that he says shot a few years ago on a film camera and only discovered recently when he decided to digitise all his piccys.

This is what he said about it, oh and the link:
Link to eBay UFO

This photograph was just recently discovered! I switched to digital years ago, when I did so, I basically abandoned my film equipment. So now, almost 9 years later, I decided to go through and digitize my favorite shots from my film archive. I have thousands and thousands of negatives and slides. I found one page of slides of a sunset I shot in Cabo San Lucas Mexico in December of 1999. I think I remember seeing the spot when I got the slides processed in 2000 and I just thought it was lens flare, and didn't bother to look at it through a lupe. I was in shock when I saw it first. I actually had to get up and walk around the room a few times, look, then repeat the pattern. The more I look at the more I am convinced, that the white spot is a UFO. You can clearly see the lights and the shape! I can't believe I didn't notice it until now, but better late than never. This is a very RARE opportunity to own an original print of an actal UFO.

When I have a bit more spare time ill introduce myself a bit better, just been a spectator ats for a while now so kinda feel like I know allot of you anyway. Speak again soon when I have something more substantial to report.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by overclockedanimal]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
so...are you trying to sell this stuff on ebay? It looks like a ceiling lamp.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
No mate, I just stumbled across it, but I can see how you might think that

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS, overclockedanimal. Well, as far as the photo goes, it did kind of look like a recessed ceiling light until I looked at the other pics. But what is so interesting about your post is that the current bid is $100.00 right now. Wow!

Rush

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This is a very RARE opportunity to own an original print of an actal UFO.

I could throw a piece of flaming poo in the air, snap a picture, challenge anyone on the internet to identify it...and when they can't I could put it on ebay as a "genuine UFO picture" for starting bid of $100 too. I could even have my several fake ebay accounts place fake bids on it to give it some importance so folks will say "wow, its getting up there in price, must be something to it" LOL Seriously.

Sad, a complete crap load of sad. I know most people think that a lot of us around here are gullible and stupid, but you will be surprised. Even the blind believer crowd wouldn't fall for this advertisement post/tripe of yours.

There is a home for posts such as this, you can find it godlikeproductions.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It really worries me the way eBay is currently going.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I could even have my several fake ebay accounts place fake bids on it to give it some importance so folks will say "wow, its getting up there in price, must be something to it" LOL Seriously.

Hopefully you weren't referring to my post. That is not what I meant. It certainly seems to be generating interest without ats. Shocking what some people will pay for the word "authentic".

Even the blind believer crowd wouldn't fall for this advertisement post/tripe of yours.

With all respect, that's a pretty strong statement. You seem very sure that the OP is the ebay seller. While it appears a little suspicious, I would certainly need more proof before I made a statement such as that.

Rush

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
LOL!
That is one of the FAKEST UFO pictures I have ever seen.
Obviously someone took a picture of their ceiling light and photoshoped it into another picture.

LOL!!!

$100 and there is a bid! haha

NOW I know how I can make millions!!!!! Thank God for EBAY!!!

[edit on 29-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its not for me to decide weather the pic is real or fake. as a believer i dont need the pic to tell me or convince me.. many people have little statues of buddha stashed in the corners of their rooms or offices. that doesnt mean its a real buddha sitting there. so the picture is nothing more than an icon to me. all pictures of ufo's for that matter, but its through seeing thousands of pictures that i have no need to worry any longer, if i feel like looking at a picture which is fake i can still marvel at the fact that the mystery of UFO's are amazing by themselves, and the fake picture becomes amazing on this basis.

link   
FAKE!!! just a ceiling light fixture reflection, crop on a perfect sunset photo.
Thanks to photo shop and I have to agree the seller place a bid on his own
Auction, useing one of his own acounts with a different name.
I really dont believe there is anyone that Stupid to place a bid on this fraud.
And who whould anyway, you can get all the free UFO pictures on the internet all day long.
I have to wonder if the seller is trying to prove a point that people will beleive anything, and buy anything.
I have seen pictures like these before and they been proven to all be fakes. Reflections, Reflections, Reflections!

link   

The purchaser is only buying one print of this image, he or she assumes no rights whatsoever to the image. The image is copyright protected by Mark Harrelson 2008 © and has been registered with the US copyright office.

Shipping is $30 insured to anywhere in the US.

International shipping is $60 insured.

All sales are final. Paypal only.

$30 to ship a print of only one of his slides and he retains the copyright to it? Gee, I wonder who was dumb enough to bid $100 for something they can save as a jpeg and print out? **cough**markharrelson**cough**

Even if it is a legitimate photograph, that's a rip-off.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The picture IMO looks impressive, the price tag with the $100 bid has me a little suspicious as to it being a publicity seeking event, what also makes me feel this way is the shipping costs of $60? for a print? seems more designed to put bidders off bidding and at the same time creating awareness to the Photograph, the bid could always be a shill bid to make it look genuine, it will be interesting to see if the auction goes the whole way, if it is a shill bid i know ebay will figure it out because of their security checks, i know of this because i have a friend who was caught shill bidding a few years ago.

As for the authenticity of the picture i guess we have to take it at face value with the auction being only for a print and not the negative, as i said looks impressive to me but im not going to bet on real or fake.

[edit on 29/4/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Gee, I wonder who was dumb enough to bid $100 for something they can save as a jpeg and print out?

Yep, all they have to do is come to ats, I think we have about every ufo photo there is.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Sun is behind it yet it appears to be lit from the front. Unless it's giving off its own light...I don't think so.
RR

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RudyRed

It definately appears to be self-luminous, thus the "lamp theory".

It also appears to be remarkably in focus for something that the photographer claims not to have noticed at the time.

Edit: And, just in case it can't be viewed at some point in the future, here's the photo at issue:

Have at it, photo experts.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
To me it looks like the interior light of a car or truck was reflected off a window.

I see this pic is:

This auction is for number 38/2500

Source

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've spent many hours on Ebay in the past and came across a lot of junk.
Photos is the one thing I always stayed away from for good reasons.
A possible $100 a pop for a limited run of 2500?If this was authentic I think any reputable media.............(oops,just made myself laugh) would pay far more than that for the picture with negative.
From my Ebay experiences I'm calling fake on this.The sunset is nice but the UFO just seems out of place or doesn't fit with the entire photograph.I'm not a photo expert,just giving my own opinion.
To me it looks like an upside down pie plate with a light being shined on it.
I enjoyed the post regardless of my opinion on the photo.

Edit to add: $30 for shipping of ONE print?This guy is price gouging to squeeze and extra $20 out of the buyer,if there is indeed a real bidder.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by citizen truth]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hey, im sure you are all correct, it probably is fake but like I said earlier, I was just browsing for stuff on eBay during an insomnia session and ran into it.

Did a search for UFO's in eBay after I ran into a Roswell licence plate for sale, nearly placed a bid as well but what would I do with it?

Anyway it was my first post and did it last minute as got over excited (or over gullible). But please be assured it has nothing to do with me, as soon as I posted I realised how it might look that way though and yeah I think he placed the bid on his own picture.

Who I am: Live in the UK, recently married and reasonably obsessed over the whole UFO/Disclosure subject. Read loads of supposedly secret government documents proving the existence of ET visitation but I have never seen one, but I am still convinced that our governments our hiding something.

Ive done ranting but anyway I wanted to make the point that I I post something it will not be fabricated (at leased not by me), all I want to know is the truth and judging by the current state of the world and the direction it is taking, personally I think things will come to a head in the next 30 years and along with it disclosure by our Governments or our visiting friends

Over and out!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
well something good has come out of this

i have a new desktop background - i downloaded his hi-res image - cropped off the silly UFO - and resized it to fit the screen

i like it - what you think ?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

haha, good way to make good use of a picture.
Its soo hard to tell the authenticity of those pictures, but my guess is that they are fake. But like I said, theres no way of truly knowing with out the real images.

-fm

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join