It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive looking UFO photograph for sale on ebay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Honestly, to me, that looks like a ceiling light. One of those fluorescent things in your kitchen. I can't believe it's at $100. Boy, people sure are suckers.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Too bad the buyer didn't see this thread first.

He/She could have done something else with their money.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here's my dimes worth. It's a very beautifull sunset shot taken from the kitchen window with the ceiling light reflecting back in the photo shoot. After all this time, the photographer was amazed by it since he forgot all about the scene and just by chance re-organized his photo collection and came upon this scheme for sale.

It's the kitchen ceiling light reflecting on the window the photo was shot through.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

i like it - what you think ?

UuuRGH! Windows...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was just thinking of this again when I hit upon a way for the seller to really have his light show photo take off... Just claim some religious hocus pocus with a few biblical passages thrown in for good measure and he should see his hits go through the roof. Maybe photo shop some blurry god like images in the evening cloud formation.

Like the Florida woman who couldn't even spell correctly in her ebay add, she got on ebay auction a sum of $28,000 for a piece of toast with a virgin Mary image in it.

Than, I never laughed so hard, a guy placed an ebay add for a piece of toast with Westley Snipes on it. Hilarious.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry, but this looks like a street lamp. I drive a lot at night and the highway lights look just like this.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The UFO looks exactly like another photo from Italy (I think) that someone took from their car. The UFO was really the interior dome light from their car!

It's amazing that this would actually sell on ebay. Note that the seller says you're bidding on 1 of 2500 prints he's selling.
2500 prints at $100 each?!?
That's a great deal of money he's hoping to make off a dome light.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
HMMMM. yeah Looks like a reflection of a dome light in a car but who knows. I think we can rule out Photoshop though if the object is on the actual slides. Its funny how quickly many people screamed "photoshop!" before even looking at the slides. Thats not very good investigative work, fellow ATS'rs. Apologies for my pessimism in advance.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hi all ..

I really like this picture, fake UFO or not ..

Wouldn't there be any of the beautiful orange glows hitting the ufo if it was really in the shot

Anyhow i'd have it on my living room wall .. it's cool.. shall i put a bid in ..??? naaaaa
.. can't afford it

regards

satellite1

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

Yup. And that pale blue-green color is just about exactly how a fluorescent 'white' light registers on daylight-balanced color film.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

well something good has come out of this

i have a new desktop background - i downloaded his hi-res image - cropped off the silly UFO - and resized it to fit the screen

I think your image has a "pointer" shaped UFO on it. Quick! Get that baby up on eBay!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeepGal

I think your image has a "pointer" shaped UFO on it. Quick! Get that baby up on eBay!

I will open the bid at $100.00!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

well something good has come out of this

i have a new desktop background - i downloaded his hi-res image - cropped off the silly UFO - and resized it to fit the screen

Hahahahahah - Too Cool!! Great use of it...

My .02 looks as if it's from a 1970 car interior light - see how the plastic cover goes up into the base - looks like a clip on!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is the funny thing. He's actually telling the truth. If there's something really in the sky, what he's selling is a picture of a UFO: an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT. He's by no means saying it's an alien spaceship so he's legally covered. Now, it's SO obvious that the OP of this thread is the seller, and this thread should be deleted for a) fraud b) unauthorized advertisement.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
[edit on 30-4-2008 by DavidU]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS David.

Originally posted by DavidU
Now, it's SO obvious that the OP of this thread is the seller, and this thread should be deleted for a) fraud b) unauthorized advertisement.

I'm curious, however, as to exactly why you are so convinced that the OP is the ebay seller? I have looked, in detail, at the ebay information and I can find nothing that connects the two.

I think that such a comment should be supported by something, especially if you are suggesting that a member's thread be deleted.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Buy em books, send them to school and they eat the books

Photography 101 - turn off that overhead, or you will get a reflection.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That look like a tin plate, that someone painted fluorenscent green on
that dont even look real, and that poster is really not worth 100.00

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
Its funny how quickly many people screamed "photoshop!" before even looking at the slides. Thats not very good investigative work, fellow ATS'rs. Apologies for my pessimism in advance.

I've noticed that often as well. There are plenty of people here qualified to comment on whether something is altered or not, as far as digital goes. Some of us however, who use PS in earning our livings are slow to make that leap. In this case, no PS issue whatsoever. Still it is a reflected light.

If the photographer is a Pro, he would be able to produce a 4,800 dpi optical (or 4,000 depending on the brand of photo scanner used) scan of the slide or negative. That is what I'd like to see along with details of which scanner was used. There might be enough detail to identify the exact vehicle.

As always this is just my opinion. Be careful how you post and use a registered copyrighted image.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tati.12

You will have a far better experience here if you read the threads and understand the discussions and what is going on. Just a thought for your benefit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join