It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie Big Brother contestant believes in UFOs.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
But that won't convince anyone to believe in UFOs.

How else do you reach the zombies better than using their own medium?

Saxon will convince some people that UFOs/Aliens are real.

Hey, I've already logged onto the Big Brother forums and linked the ATS UFO main page. Let's hope we get some hits and welcome new users!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Good work, I actually like your reasoning on that one. More people to ATS is always a good thing!

I'm not into UFOs that much, but I like your idea.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools

I think calling the guy a moron is a bit harsh, but he is definitely not spokeperson material. Let's hope he's not in charge of MUFON! For one, you don't tell the media "I'm always hallucinating" when trying to make a case for UFOs. Doesn't help the credibility much.

Quite, any ordinary person would recognise the fact that they're not spokeperson material, and ignore the reporter promptly, and get on with their day.

The guy was plainly getting off on the fact that he was on camera.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Damn - the Big Brother Forum Moderators are quick.

They removed the hyperlink. However, they left my AboveTopSecret.com alone. I'll do my best the next week to pollute those forums with UFO references and subtle ATS promotional messages.

Sadly, it's more than a click away. Zombies don't want to cut and paste a URL, it's too mch effort, compared to a mouse click.

Anyway, the rest of the show is boring. A couple of girls with big assets and no brains... hmmm...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Anyway, the rest of the show is boring. A couple of girls with big assets and no brains... hmmm...

Sorry mate, you're contradicting yourself there.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Dude, no one’s going to be persuaded by this guy – BB was just on about an hour ago, I watched the very beginning just to see this Saxon person and trust me he’s not going to do anything but seem like a complete loony. The first conversation he had with another housemate was do you believe in aliens…..I mean lol, this guy’s a joke. All he’s going to do (unintentionally) is make the people who do believe in aliens seem less believable.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Dude, no one’s going to be persuaded by this guy – BB was just on about an hour ago, I watched the very beginning just to see this Saxon person and trust me he’s not going to do anything but seem like a complete loony. The first conversation he had with another housemate was do you believe in aliens…..I mean lol, this guy’s a joke. All he’s going to do (unintentionally) is make the people who do believe in aliens seem less believable.

I agree 100%, Channel 10 will just portray this guy be the token "weed head", "nut job", "conspiracy theory"....etc and have nothing but a negative effect on the rest of us. Plus who in there right mind gets a Roswell tattoo ?. Having said that i feel 30% dumber even having watched the Big Brother junk !!!!!!!.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yep C10 has pushed this bloke to cause a stir in the house by saying these type of topics. But for my fellow Aussies out there, how many Big Bro contestants are 'smart'??? The only one in the whole entire series has been Tim.

That being said, I don’t think this bloke will stick to his guns and backup or reference anything. Maybe he will damage the alien/UFO name by his remarks.

PS.
WHY put Kyle has the host, I mean COME ON!!!! I already lost enough brain cells from Australian Idol listening to him.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by crackerjack]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

i watch the show too, the one in america. btw who just got kicked off from the show?

nobody cares if it comes out of a reality star. they care more like paris hilton

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack

PS.
WHY put Kyle has the host, I mean COME ON!!!! I already lost enough brain cells from Australian Idol listening to him.

Please excuse my impertinent joke, but it shows a distinct lack of brain cells to watch the two shows mentioned to start with

Seriously though I don't think Big Brother is a viable platform for these discussions given the attempt Channel 10 ives to being controversial.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

HAHA. You got me there.

Oops, one liner.

Well I learnt my lesson from Idol and Big Bro to stay well away. Yes Channel 10 has that kind of nack about it. Remeber the House from Hell that they did years ago?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
I agree 100%, Channel 10 will just portray this guy be the token "weed head", "nut job", "conspiracy theory"....etc and have nothing but a negative effect on the rest of us. Plus who in there right mind gets a Roswell tattoo ?. Having said that i feel 30% dumber even having watched the Big Brother junk !!!!!!!.

I agree also, but on the other hand, I think anything to put it back on the mainstream radar is probably helpful. The media responds to whatever is popular, and that includes anything popular to dislike.

I don't think it can harm the chances of the issue being given more mainstream attention, simply because vritually none at all is given at present.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 987931
simply because vritually none at all is given at present.

Sadly i think the only media attention the UFO/alien subject gets in Oz is those up late "Crazy UFO footage caught on tape" hosted by Martin Sacks specials. Or those odd news stories like during the "Gosford flap" in the late 90's that always ended with a snide or patronizing closing comment by the news host.

Originally posted by 987931

simply because vritually none at all is given at present.

Having a mate that works over at channel 9 i once asked him "why is there never any UFO stories ?" he replied that there seniors editors will simply not run the story or put some funny spin on it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

Please excuse my impertinent joke, but it shows a distinct lack of brain cells to watch the two shows mentioned to start with

Surely that's what makes these shows so good to watch though? The fact that it takes zero brain power to watch them. Sometimes it's damn good to have a stupid show like big brother on to watch while putting your feet up after a long day. You don't need to think at all, your mind gets a rest aswell.

I think of BB as just a tacky show created just to generate lots and lots of profit through advertisement and text messaging but also as a great way to just take a break from everything and giggle mindlessly at the TV for a bit. A guilty little pleasure.

That doesn't mean that I, or anyone else who watches the show, don't like shows that really make you think and are actually "intelligent". It's just that you need the shows that are just ... easy!

I for one will be trying to keep up with BB this year and I most certainly do not feel ashamed or anything about it, and I really don't think of myself as a "sheep" or "zombie" or whatever belittling terms are thrown around this website these days

Yay for anti-thought-provoking-TV! Make some room for it in your life, you'll feel better for it.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Toy_soldier

Each to their own.

I'll stick to implausible Sci-Fi shows and unrealistic crime show clones

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Like many shows these days, it's based on confrontation.
I for one, long for those halycon days of Land of The Giants,
The Waltons, Lost In Space, Mission Impossible, The Outer Limits
and of course, Little House On The Prairie (the home-coming...
YES! it was the home-coming episode of Little House).

I remember sittin' on my ass for 15 years with a pound
of veal as my only friend. Let's face it, garden slugs got
more outa life than me... oh yeah? name one.

Me... I always fancied the greengrocer's spoilt daughter,
but that's another tale all together.

Goodnight Johnboy.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
[

I think of BB as just a tacky show created just to generate lots and lots of profit through advertisement and text messaging

In a nutshell mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Im pretty sure this guy is the only reason Im going to watch this series. It looks like there is a more diverse group of people in this one. That old lady that was on there was from my area.

-fm

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

haha, I *love* my unrealistic crime show clones.

NCIS would have to be the favourite, but Numbers and the Law and Orders need recognition too.

Also Blue Heelers, way back when.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Sadly i think the only media attention the UFO/alien subject gets in Oz is those up late "Crazy UFO footage caught on tape" hosted by Martin Sacks specials. Or those odd news stories like during the "Gosford flap" in the late 90's that always ended with a snide or patronizing closing comment by the news host.

Having a mate that works over at channel 9 i once asked him "why is there never any UFO stories ?" he replied that there seniors editors will simply not run the story or put some funny spin on it.

Couldn't agree more, that's about the extent of media attention in the past, what, couple of decades maybe. The last incidents I recall getting attention were one on the nullarbor (I think it was) in the late 80s and another one around the same time. I've talked with my parents about this, and they both say there was serious media attention once upon a time, and I remember a different attitude, though vaguely. Not surprised the senior editors treat it that way.

Anyway, that's my point. If the stories get interest, they'll keep putting them on. At least then it's on the radar, whereas at present it's not there. And it it's on the radar, there is an increased chance of getting someone actually informed on the subject.

Yes, I know, not likely.

To a larege extent, who cares? Mainstream media is a waste of time on just about everything anyway. Serious investigative journos must make up a tiny fraction. Though I think the changing landscape of media will force them to be less conservative, and already has begun to do so. 9

[edit on 30-4-2008 by 987931]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join