It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie Big Brother contestant believes in UFOs.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hey. I have today's newspaper (Sunday Herald Sun, 27th April) open to page 9. There's a sneak preview of some of the Big Brother contestants. The new series starts tomorrow night.

Saxon, a 22 year old truck driver/storeman from South Australia is pictured. The paper describes him as: "Heavily tattoed, this single guy hates vegetables and believes in UFOs, even having 'Roswell' tattoed on his arm."

I can't stand mass media and I rarely watch TV. The popularity of the Big Brother TV show has been waning here in Australia. This year, with new hosts and a more volatile contestant mix, it seems that the producers are looking for conflict from the opening show.

Saxon, do all that you can to push for UFOs! Isn't it annoying, that to wake the mainstream zombies, we have to appeal to them through the only medium they know how to relate to - TV.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Doesn't this make you somewhat nervous?

Big Brother has a track history of belittling people and issues and toes a very political line. Just look at how they set up the turkey slappers from last year; they could have stopped that very easily if they wanted to.

If this guy is like the following bloke from youtube, I can see a lot of harm coming from this.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

When i was watching that, i am sad to say that i wished that something would have happened in the store like a kid trying to steal something in order to distract the media from that bloody fool.

It's a shame that the rest of us sentient life forms have to put up with the kind of garbage that flies from the mouths of such morons.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Update:

A few minutes ago, there was a sneak peak of Saxon on the TV, in a 30 second advertisement for the new series.

He said something like this: "I believe in extraterrestrial lifeforms... Most people are ignorant of what's out there... Girls that I have gone out with think that I'm a little crazy... I like to go to the beach at night and watch the stars. When I see some of them moving in ways they shouldn't move, then I know that somethings strange."

(I'm trying to recall everything he said - it's not word-for-word, as I heard it once, but it's roughly what he said.)

While the add was playing, the camera showed his body all over from different angles. His tattoed left forearm with 'Roswell' written in a Gothic type script is very prominent and fills the screen.

At the very least, he will be on the TV screens for as long as he lasts, hopefully pushing the UFO/Alien message to the zombies. He's not a geek, which is a positive!

He might be the only reason that I watch some of this series, to see how far he puts himself out there.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So what? Some dumb ass contestant on BB believes in aliens? So you think he's gonna change everyone's opinions on UFOs?

Don't know what people in Australia think of BB contestants, but in Britain they're ridiculed. They're all fame hungry wannabes who will do/say anything for stardom.

I'll bet you he's one of the first to be evicted.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Don't know what people in Australia think of BB contestants...

Sometimes I wonder if that's precisely what Big Brother is all about. If most people are going to vote for a contestant who shares the same beliefs using their mobile phone, does it log that? Could give a good inside view into how a lot of peoples' minds work if it does...
There's also a contestant who believes "religion is the root of all evil". If for some chance she won, wouldn't that mean maybe most of the population would share a similar view?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yeh that maybe the case in australia, but here its a different story.

Its usually depends on who's in a relationship, who's argued the most, or who's done the least work around the house. Or who's generally just a asshole that no one likes.

I dont think they're searching for specific demographics. IMO anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I also think the TV companies have an idea who they want to win, only because he/she would be good for the relevant TV channel (here, channel 4) and so make that contestant look good in the (heavily) edited highlights show. The same also applies to people they don't like, (making them look bad).

They are in that house 24/7 yet with adverts we see only about 50 mins of the day on their evening show. That's no way for the public to judge someone, so we see what the TV channel wants us to see.

Basically another form of manipulation i guess.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I stopped watching TV many moons ago,
'Read the TV Guide... don't needa TV' is my credo.

Big Brother isn't real... none of it is, they're all actors,
even the people who pretend to be politicians... I know!
I've seen 'em.
Just after my girlfriend left me, I always watched TV with
a silver-foil helmet on my 'noggin'.
I'm sure... well, pretty sure that the damn box in the corner
is trying to change my views on life, well I'm having none of it!

Do this now, and save you and your loved ones, go down
stairs, ignore your parents shouting of "get outa the way of
the Gameshow son" and throw the damn TV into the garden.
I did, and well, my girl left and my gardener too.

But I'm better now and I'll never wear a life-jacket again.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
reply to post by Shere Khaan

It's a shame that the rest of us sentient life forms have to put up with the kind of garbage that flies from the mouths of such morons.

I think calling the guy a moron is a bit harsh, but he is definitely not spokeperson material. Let's hope he's not in charge of MUFON! For one, you don't tell the media "I'm always hallucinating" when trying to make a case for UFOs. Doesn't help the credibility much.

But I enjoyed his speculative theories about the composition of extraterrestrial life. I mean, come on, they could be made of WATER, dude! How weird... umm, you mean kinda like how the human body is made up of 90 percent water?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
I stopped watching TV many moons ago,
'Read the TV Guide... don't needa TV' is my credo.

Off topic but I agree and furthermore love the quote. The Internet is my TV...if I can't find it online, I don't care to watch it. Then again, I'm too busy hanging out with the widow Johnson these days. Time to splash on some Windex for my hot date.

Oh yeah, Big Brother...never seen it, but the whole concept bothers me. Even the name is too in your face, no wonder its a hit in the nations with the most surveillance. Oh, but its cool to have your every waking moment recorded. You can be famous! Get used to it. Slow conditioning...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shipovfools

I personally don't believe anyone who says they don't watch TV. Besides the news and dumb reality fluff, there's a plethora of brilliant TV shows that don't demand anything more than to enlighten and entertain you.

You mean you don't watch the Simpsons?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
So what? Some dumb ass contestant on BB believes in aliens? So you think he's gonna change everyone's opinions on UFOs?

No, I don't think that he will change everyone's opinions.

However, I know that he WILL change the minds of a few people and make them more interested in UFOs.

He's going to be on TV every night at 7pm. Maybe he will have a few seconds night-to-night, maybe if he starts ranting, he'll get more viewing time. When he starts speaking about his own experiences, the zombies in TV land will be watching and listening...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeah it's true, folk'll watch anything.
I for one, don't like the box in the corner, it's
full of lies and deceit and I'm not that keen on
the deformed cacti in a bowl on the top of it.
You know... that one there (I'm pointing).

Anyway, if you wanna know the truth, Well, it's a well known fact,
Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest
people in the world, known as The Pentavirate.
Who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and
meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado,
known as The Meadows.

So who's in this Pentavirate? I hear you ask.
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys,
The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went t*ts up.
Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug
look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"

Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?

[edit on 27-4-2008 by IronMan]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Doesn't this make you somewhat nervous?

I have to admit, the first thing I thought when I read the thread title was "this will not reflect well upon the UFO community".

Reading the rest of this thread has done little to allay my fears...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Saxon just left the stage to enter the house.

His promo video showed more of him, speaking his beliefs. There were cuts to many corny 1950's Saucer movies inbetween. They also showed a picture of a UFO that was taken by Saxon - not the best I have seen, but he swears it was travelling fast when taken.

Jackie O's (the female host) first question to him was: "So the UFO thing, you believe in it, hey?". Saxon's response: "I don't just believe in in, I know it's for real"....

If you're interested, he's going to enter the house in a few minutes time.

I'll link up his Big Brother profile later when I find it.

Edit: Kyle (male host) asked him if he had been probed - typical. Jackie O just sent him in the house with a "May the Force be with you". The 'O' in her surname does not stand for originality!

Ok, I'll quit the live reports now... He's in the house. You can probably find the lve stream on the internet, anyway.

Big Brother - Saxon

Go, Saxon - push the UFOs all you can.

At the very least, we saw UFOs being talked about only 15 minutes into the opening night's show. There's at least a million Australians seeing it live.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by tezzajw]

[edit on 28-4-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
who cares if he does. its like asking Paris Hilton or Brittany Spears. i sure dint care about his opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anti us gov

Right on brother (or sister!), Big Brother is the dumbest show, even if they are trying to spruce it up a bit. I don't know, I might watch it just for the 'crack-pot' factor.

Of course UFOs exist - I just don't think 99.999% of video or picture footage proves anything. And if they do exist, they're not around this neighborhood.

'Doesn't this make you nervous?'

Uh...

[edit on 28-4-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Whether you like it, or not, he's going to be reaching more of the mainstream zombies in Australia than most other people on TV. You can't deny that type of publicity.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

But that won't convince anyone to believe in UFOs. It'd be the same if they had a staunch Christian on the show (I don't know if they do or not, I haven't seen it).

If you start preaching something like that, people will just switch off. Ever had a Mormon knock at your door?

Same effect

No offense to Mormon's, of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join