It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Really that Bad?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienDeceptions
... As for what we are about to go through, I think this will make the great depression look like a party. What we have coming up is nothing short of what Hitler did to his own people.

Indeed, the Great Depression, though difficult, saw only a small percentage dying. In this coming crisis, with so much of our food already genmod, we will see death daily, and no one will be spared its sight.

As for your last comment... You do know that the Nazi ideology is behind a great deal of what we will see. The same people who initially supported Hitler brought their lines of thinking to this country, and many wanted to "punish" us for taking out the Third Reich and are building (and have mostly built) the Fourth Reich here. And we will be "punished" for what "we" did.

How lizard-hearted is that?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hitler was as much a puppet as Bush is. The Nazis aren't coming to punish us for winning WWII. They have been here all along, pulling the strings from behind the scenes. They propped Hitler up and tore him down. Why? Profits for one. The other reason was to have a "test-run." The same thing they have been soing with China. Learn how to manipulate the people. How to lead them into the gas chambers without so much as a formal complaint.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Hitler was as much a puppet as Bush is. The Nazis aren't coming to punish us for winning WWII. They have been here all along, pulling the strings from behind the scenes. They propped Hitler up and tore him down. Why? Profits for one. The other reason was to have a "test-run." The same thing they have been soing with China. Learn how to manipulate the people. How to lead them into the gas chambers without so much as a formal complaint.

Agreed. You may note that I did not say "Hitler," I said the "Nazi ideology." And the bulk of them were initially in Germany but came here in Project Paperclip, with the aid of people like Bush and Ford.

Yes, Hitler was a puppet as evidenced by his generals thinking he should be removed. Lizard-hearted men took over our country.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
its just the same same ol stuff, i heard once that right wingers were generaly happy and looked at glass half full, while left wingers were very pesamistic, always looking at the worst of things

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bugs_n_recovery

Well, I am an idependent, and I can say that there is a half a glass of water.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

And I'm sure I don't have to tell you that the Bush family fortune was made enabling the Nazis leading up to and during WWII.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Amaterasu, you seem to keep making a point of mentioning that the Nazis/Illuminati etc are lizard-hearted.

Do you mean to say that you believe they are actually Reptilians?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dismanrc

Oh, pl,ease! Federal benefits and pay together, equal 50% MORE than private sector work, PLUS, you can NOT be fired after a probation period, unless you bring a gun to work and shoot your boss, and at least four other people. THEN it is fairly sure you are no longer welcome. The Presidential Directive mandating the hiring of the disabled if they are trained and willing, is IGNORED like all the other legislation the rats ignore. It can all get me very angry, very fast. This is NOT a democracy, it is a despotism. Who can you vote for? Their man, A, or their man, B. Choose your poison. We recently had our habea corpus yanked, so we can be held incommunicado, indefinately, for them not liking the color of our belt. So what do you do? There is NOTHING you can do, and in a few years, when the Tribulation spoken of in the Bible, starts, it won't matter. When Christ comes back, in won't matter. If I die tonight, it won't matter. If some idiot disses me, it won't matter. Nothing matters but how I respond, how I take it. So I grin and bear it. It doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well I have lurked for a long time. I usually read the technical threads more than the political or metaphysical ones. In lurking I personally find all of these sort of threads downright depressing and negative as a whole. I really wouldn't want to share a beer with almost anyone here. It would be a total downer.

It isn't just suspicion of bad times coming, it's almost as if some of you "want it' to be bad or worse for some reason. Probably to justify the whining and for some "see I told you so" moments. I don't know really but it's all rather depressing for me to read even 10 percent of what is posted in these sort of threads.

But it's not just what is being said, it is HOW it is being said. Ringing the same bell over and over and over. And really, if you think about this sort of thing long enough - whether times are good or bad - none of it will matter in about 50 years to you on a personal level, because you'll probably be dead. So why live in a state of worry and fear?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugs_n_recovery
its just the same same ol stuff, i heard once that right wingers were generaly happy and looked at glass half full, while left wingers were very pesamistic, always looking at the worst of things

I might hope, but I think it's an entirely different kettle of fish.

And I'm panpolitical. LOLOL!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Amaterasu, you seem to keep making a point of mentioning that the Nazis/Illuminati etc are lizard-hearted.

Do you mean to say that you believe they are actually Reptilians?

I'm saying that anyone who could propagate and maintain a war on drugs, suppressing the absolute ravages Prohibition has on society over the most benign drug on the planet, when the things you think are true aren't (read the first post, especially):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When there's always been family blood controlling things on the planet (and it's been shown that virtually all of our presidents came from these families),

When most of the oil money goes to the IMF...

When you see how things are set up...

They fit right in.

Your evaluation may actually vary.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I wonder what those figures might be if food and energy were calculated into the inflation factor?

Also The Nation magazine recently had a big write up on nuclear proliferation and put the current figure at around 26,000 nukes ready to light off at a moments notice world wide...does anyone have the amount that was around to compare with today from say 30 years ago or so?

I wouldn't call 26,000 nuclear bombs available for use today, better now than before? also the genecide and continuing hunger in parts of Africa and third world countries continues, and we now have a larger portion of homelessness and tent cities right here in America to contend with. Certainly there is a wider divide between the haves and have nots, so if your in the "haves" category you could agree that things are better from a self-centric standpoint, but agregately from a global humanitary standpoint, are we?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh, and the population is now 6.6 billion + and climbing. As India and China continue to grow and industrialize so does their energy usage increase, and along with that so does deman on food and energy supply...also pollution and greenhouse gasses continue to increase. The "system" is beginning to show like an 8th month pregnancy signs of serious economic and social strain. Are we really better? Recently, as in the past few years, weren't the hands on the nuclear clock reset much closer to 12 o'clock?

Indeed the hands were reset. We have 5 minutes left, and that puts us right around where we were in the late fifties during the hight of the cold war, and also in the 80's when everyone was scared to death about Ronnie's new guns and so, yeah, we are in danger now folks...

We need a button to subtract stars on here (lol)...**trying to add some humor to an awfully sobering subject**

[edit on 29-4-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
No, its not as bad now as it was then. Not by a long shot.

The difference is you now have the internet. The internet allows every single half-baked chicken little to come crawling our of their mothers basement and scream "THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!"

Ok, so maybe that does constitute "worse".

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Coshy]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coshy
No, its not as bad now as it was then. Not by a long shot.

The difference is you now have the internet. The internet allows every single half-baked chicken little to come crawling our of their mothers basement and scream "THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!"

Ok, so maybe that does constitute "worse".

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Coshy]

You're going to remember typing those words.

But if you think things are great, bully for you. That is what they want most to think (memory is a tricky thing).

Best of luck to you.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yeah....ha ha haaa In my city the chamber of comerce is spending money on running a series of adds mostly on the radio telling us several times an hour how great our local economy is. If it's so great, why do they need to spend so much money on messages used to "change" public perception?

Also I can't wait till the new Democratic administration comes in, because they will go back and unwrap the left over turkey (cooked books) and when they finally do tell the truth by including energy and food into the official gova'ment inflation numbers it's going to hit a lot of people like a pile of bricks, or as Bush puts it "a thumpin' "

Someone asked in a previous post on here "what can we do as citizens" I would answer up "look at the ones in power making the policy decisions who have led us down this road (look at who has benifited from the most from the past 7 years or so [ie: oil/energy mogals & the neo-cons] and see who they really represent and who they don't), and quit voting for these ones no matter what Fox news, Rush Limbaugh and Carl Rove says". Avoid the gossip and rovian gop play book politics and try to remain true and focussed to/on the issues and see the manipulation of our fears and perceptions for what they really are, a great big distraction!

one steps aside sometimes and looks at it since the election fiasco back in 2000 when the supreme court put Bush into power on a classic 5 to 4 decision (guess who the five were?), and you have to just laugh your arse off at it all (one massive scandel and blunder after the other after the other after the other), but then you stop and recognize that it's not something from a novel - it wasn't make believe for entertainment-- no...it's real, so you pinch yourself once again just to make sure, and then it stops being funny.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow

Yeah....ha ha haaa In my city the chamber of comerce is spending money on running a series of adds mostly on the radio telling us several times an hour how great our local economy is. If it's so great, why do they need to spend so much money on messages used to "change" public perception?

Yeah, it's the blinder so we don't see it coming. "Everything is ok. Look how great it is! Don't look at how pathetic it is becoming..."

Also I can't wait till the new Democratic administration comes in, because they will go back and unwrap the left over turkey (cooked books) and when they finally do tell the truth by including energy and food into the official gova'ment inflation numbers it's going to hit a lot of people like a pile of bricks, or as Bush puts it "a thumpin' "

Don't expect the Dems to help out. They will take us to Martial Law as quickly as the Reps. Here's why:

It's slow at first, but watch it. All of it.

Someone asked in a previous post on here "what can we do as citizens" I would answer up "look at the ones in power making the policy decisions who have led us down this road (look at who has benifited from the most from the past 7 years or so [ie: oil/energy mogals & the neo-cons] and see who they really represent and who they don't), and quit voting for these ones no matter what Fox news, Rush Limbaugh and Carl Rove says". Avoid the gossip and rovian gop play book politics and try to remain true and focussed to/on the issues and see the manipulation of our fears and perceptions for what they really are, a great big distraction!

Are you under the misapprehension that the Bush Cabal was elected? Ever?

They control the ballot boxes, more and more so as they allow voting machines with opaque code. What can we do if they elect whoever they want. It's interesting that all our presidents have come from royal blood, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I'm familiar with that conspiracy theory, and you could be right.

Yet another angle and a strong possibility is that the Democrats will pull us out of the occupation and civil war that is Iraq (as the real purpose there has been to keep the oil OFF of the market thus resulting in shortages in supply and increases in oil from $20 p/b pre-invasion, and now $120 p/b post invasion and current occupation) causing two things to happen. 1. the daily costs of the occupation that has so far cost us around three trillion dollars will stop. 2. Oil will once again pump full blast out of there causing oil and ultimately gas prices to plummet acting like a big ole shot in the arm for the western economy, but bad for oil companies.

I'm quite a bit more inclined to go with the second angle rather than the martial law one you put out...I think with McCain we would have a far more likely chance of seeing that than with a Democratic candidate, and even then things would have to go way south for that to happen. Otherwise I see your point and mostly agree with you on things, including election manipulation and the royal blood thing...although some being 13th cousins and all--I mean we are all related at some point and that whole conspiricy is kinda' like swiss cheese because of that...and I don't think they have been successful in ALL elections but do believe they have tried to "fix" many of them, and have a greater likelihood of succeeding particularly when the elections are close...

I'm really enjoying this whole thread. Lots of excellent posts, and some good reading

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

I'm guessing you didn't watch that thing I linked to... Unless the Dems can figure out a way to get Ahmadinejad to agree to sit on his oil, or sell it in dollars, the only choice that does not involve complete collapse of the dollar is the takeover of Iran.

Watch the presentation. I am quite serious.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The dollar is getting attacked already due to severe inflation...it's falling against the Euro for a tracker, and gold is really high....ok, we know that since the take over and occupation of Iraq, and having got the civil war going oil production there is now less than it was before the takeover and that was with the embargo, so the goal was to get oil OFF the market (see: Armed Madhouse, Gregg Palast, BBC investigative journalist). This was done to make the Saudi's happy and the other Opec nations who now enjoy the $100 plus oil that used to be at $20. Ok, now if you somehow have one of these nations floud the market with oil, it doesn't seem logical to me that it would result in the dollar collapsing. If oil whent down in price, it would help to reverse our inflation as the cost of moving goods to market would go down and energy would go down, thus we would see some deflation pressure, but the value of the dollar would go up not down wouldn't it?

I haven't watched it...I'm guessing it's the series of clips at the beginning of your linked thread? I've got coast to coast on right now, and they were just talking about this very same issue so I haven't watched them yet, but will soon and see for further discussion.

As for the thread, we both agree things are really that bad though right? lol

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join