It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says rebates going out Monday should help economy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Rebate to boost america

WASHINGTON - President Bush said tax rebates will start going out Monday, earlier than previously announced, and should help Americans cope with rising gasoline and food prices, as well as aid a slumping economy.

"Starting Monday, the effects of the stimulus will begin to reach millions of households across our country," Bush said Friday in remarks on the South Lawn of the White House.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They must think we are happy with the crumbs. Hey thanks for giving me some of my tax money back!!
..Nothing is free and nothing is a hand out.

I just can't believe this is what the USA has come to, a worthless leader making a comment like this. And a worthless do nothing congress to back him.

Let's see for those of you who don't know most people in the country/rural USA have heating oil prices at $5 a gallon, this equates to about $3000 to $4000 just to heat an average home, per year.

The person that delivers oil in our area said the 80% of his customers are now on COD. Some people he had to stop delivering to altogether. Most are trying to heat with wood and some with corn, but now corn has gone way up too.

Some solutions, We all goods coming in from China. Yes things will be more expensive here but the money will remain in the USA. Second we push the government to cut it's entire staff in half and spending, no pensions, limited or no health care like the rest of the country, then they will start to understand.

Tell other countries we are in debt, to collect from the Democrats and Republicans, Cartel that put us there, because they are not getting another cent from the people of the USA.

Start back up as an agricultural nation, because you can't do anything period without a full stomach. You can't eat oil, steel, wood, gold, etc....

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We'll see come Monday morning, since they are sending the stimulus checks based on ones SS #'s. i will be among the 1st batch of electronic fund transfers.

here's the rest of the story... it will take until the end of July
for the last batch of checks to make it to the taxpayer...that's a 3 month long trickle - which is part of the strategy (the incumbents)
can tell the voters that it will take another 5 months for the 'Stimulus package' monies to work irs way throuh the economy...
& thats why the banks are still doing Billions in write-downs, & corporate profits are less than spectacular/

but come this Monday, we'll see if Student Loans or past years Tax debss will be subtracted from the new 'Stimulus Checks'...
effectively taking away many peoples stimulus package checks,

I will follow up after i call the bank on monday 8:00am & see if a direct deposit was credited for the expected $300. stimulus for this DAV

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sweet! WE'RE BACK BABY! If these are going to help the economy, which by Bush's own words is already strong... Come Monday, we will be an economic juggernaut again!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Does anybody know if we will have to report these "releif" checks as supplemental income next year, i.e "taxeable" ??

[edit on 25-4-2008 by _DISAVOWED_]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The IRS schedule for mailing out the checks is determined by the last two digits of your social security number:

Last two numbers of SS Date of Check Mailing

00-20 May 2nd
21-75 May 9th
76-99 May 16th

If I even get one, (darn OT!!) Ill help the economy and get a new D40 DSLR!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't know about you guys but that $30 Billion will sure come in handy for me.

I've been waiting for it ever since Bear Sterns got their check.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The inflation that is hitting the nation like a tsunami top with the increases on gas prices is going to take away most of the miserable money people will be getting.

So deceiving is no funny, get your gas and fill your car buy your food supplies, but then next month what?.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
The IRS schedule for mailing out the checks is determined by the last two digits of your social security number:

Last two numbers of SS Date of Check Mailing

00-20 May 2nd
21-75 May 9th
76-99 May 16th

Unfortunately, that's not for checks, but for direct deposit only. If you'r like me and owed the Government (or they don't have your direct deposit info on file), your looking at this:

If the last two digits of your Social Security number are: Your check should be in the mail by:

00 – 09 May 16
10 – 18 May 23
19 – 25 May 30
26 – 38 June 6
39 – 51 June 13
52 – 63 June 20
64 – 75 June 27
76 – 87 July 4
88 – 99 July 11

So, for some of us, you might not get the money until the middle of July. What is ridiculous about this whole thing is that the money is supposed to 'boost' the economy by people going out and spending it.

The problem is that people need the money now - so they are using their credit cards to stay afloat. When they get these checks, where are they going to go - to pay off the credit card debt.

This isn't going to help the economy....

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 4/25/2008 by DCFusion]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow, I can't wait! 10 days worth of groceries for my family is certainly going to completely change my situation! All will be right again...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DCFusion

Do they go by what you did with your last check? Ours was direct deposit. If so then that's a good thing for me and my family. If they really want to stimulate our economy then why not double that amount?

Anyway, this will only delay the inevitable.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Peasants such as we are so easily appeased, aren't we? If Dubya was in front of me now I'd kneel before him, kiss his feet, and thank him for the scraps.

Peace

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I would like to draw King George a detailed picture of just exactly what he can do with his stimulus check. Really the whole thing is insulting on several different levels.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
On second thought, maybe I should use my check to buy rice. I should be very worried about this rice shortage, or at least that's what my perfectly quaffed national news anchor tells me.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Yeah lets see here.. How much does this really help anyone I dont know!
Thanks Bush, you give me 600$ advance on my next tax payment.
So I get 600 bucks this year, but next year I have to pay back that 600$!

IT WAS my money to begin with you crooked, wicked damn theifing SOB!

Sure I understand the fundalmentals of tax paying, so get get all uptight with this message.. I just see it for what it is.. Legal slavery!

We are all slaves to this wicked system. The game is rigged folks.
No body seems to mind, NO one seems to care.

Most of us sit back and let them do this to us year after year.
It takes me 50$-70$ dollars to just fill up my tank! Once a week.
I dont go anywhere but to work and back.
Food costs for my house well over 300$ a week. Now lets add up everything else, and Im living pay check to pay check.

If Bush thinks 600$ is going to do a damn thing, he is surely toying with us.

He is not a dumb man like so many proclaim..
We as the American people are the dumb ones for putting up with this crap.

This is the same old song and dance that made us leave the Brittish Crown in the first place.
Now here we are back where we started...
I hate it!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yes, fear will stimulate a herd instinct and create aggression. If we all would think of opportunity instead of security then we could get things done in our countries. How many will survive when fear makes their mind up.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion

The problem is that people need the money now - so they are using their credit cards to stay afloat. When they get these checks, where are they going to go - to pay off the credit card debt.

This isn't going to help the economy....

You are exactly right. In my case, my entire $1800 check is going to CareCredit to pay off part of a surgery I had to have a few months ago. I don't know how that is supposed to help the economy, but it will certainly help me to not have that $97 a month payment anymore.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by _DISAVOWED_
Does anybody know if we will have to report these "releif" checks as supplemental income next year, i.e "taxeable" ??

Holy crap! I sure hope not.

In a way I know your joking, but that refund money is going to get taxed somewhere when it's spent.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DCFusion

Thanks! I just came back to correct that mistake

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, i did call the bank info line, my account was not credited with
a $300. direct deposit at 8:00 am, nor at 12:00 noon as i heard on the MSM tv - which was the catch-all time for this magical deposit to the thousands of banks across several time zones.

I had no taxable income, as the SS disability & VA disability combined do not exceed the poverty level...but i did have ~$500 in deferred IRA dividends to report (as deferred income) as i have done for the last 10 years/or so.

But i guess, the wise men & women in the govt, frown upon a poverty serf actually saving money instead of camping out on some set of Gov't steps to plead for a handout and make a spectacle of themselves.

Oh Well, let's see if i'm mailed an explaination---- something like "the
qualified $300.oo stimulus package check was applied to your outstanding Federal taxes 'owed' from tax year 1997 "

Pfftttttt !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit To Add:

hey, this was clicked to be a REPLY TO to my earlier post where i promised to 'follow up'.
Evidently somethings not working in the bb code.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
I had no taxable income, as the SS disability & VA disability combined do not exceed the poverty level...but i did have ~$500 in deferred IRA dividends to report (as deferred income) as i have done for the last 10 years/or so.

From what I know.. It was said to me you had to have made 3000$ in the said year to even get the 600$ if you are single the 1200$ for married couples.
If you did not on record make 3000$ you will not be getting any of this stimul(ass) package deal for your income tax.

Thus those people who work under the table, or otherwise.. Will not get the money..
What a raw deal huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join