It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Arnold Questioned About His Nazi Connections

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Gov. Arnold Questioned About His Nazi Connections

www.infowars.com

So chummy was Arnie with the former Nazi, he invited him to his wedding to blue blood Maria Shriver, niece of the John F. Kennedy. Waldheim didn’t attend, but he did send a gift, reported to be a statue of Arnold, in lederhosen, bearing off Maria, who wore a dirndl. “My friends don’t want me to mention Kurt’s name, because of all the recent Nazi stuff and the U.N. controversy, but I love him and Maria does too, and so thank you, Kurt,” Arnie gushed.

As it turns out, Kurt Waldheim was a Nazi intelligence officer in Germany’s Army Group E when it committed mass murder in the Kozara region of western Bosnia. In fact, Waldheim’s name appears on the Wehrmacht’s “honor list” of those responsible for the atrocity. At the end of the war, Waldheim was wanted by the War Crimes Commission of the United Nations. Ironically or not, Waldheim would later become the head of the globalist organization.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Is it a problem that the governor of california counts a former nazi, once wanted for war crimes amongst his closest friends?

Some would think so, but then as the article states, arnies father Gustav Schwarzenegger voluntarily joined Hitler’s infamous Strumabteilung (SA), “brown shirt” stormtroopers in 1939. So fond of Hitler was Gustav he even marched around with the Führer’s trademark mustache.

It goes on to say that during filming on "Pumping Iron" arnie professed his admiration for hitler.

Of course that was a long time ago, but it seems that arnie has no problems with nazi's to this day.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Let's put this all into perspective here. I've seen alot of people on here say that Bush et al are war criminals and some have even compared the man and his administration to Hitler & the Nazis. Apparently that means that in 60 years anyone who's friends with any man who currently serves in the US military will be considered in the same terms as a man who's friends with a former Nazi soldier in these peoples' minds?

Personally I find the assertation that the current administration have committed war crimes to be a gross stretch, if not a totally dismissable claim while any comparisons between them and the Nazis is utterly ridiculous. But personal beliefs aside, it is a fact that the majority of Americans do claim to support and appreciate our troops, regardless of their opinion on Bush. So by that logic, those same people would be kinda hypocritical to burn a man over a friendship with a former Nazi soldier, Hitler youth, or German citizen who had a family member who served.

Likewise, the Dirty Sanchez mustache was quite popular amongst Germans who wished to stay on the Furher's good side in Nazi Germany. So the fact that Arnold's father sported one isn't any indication that he had the same mindset as Hitler. Also consider the climate in which this occured. You either walked the walk in Nazi Germany or else you became a prisoner in a concentration camp alongside your family... if they were lucky enough to not be outright killed by the SS for your disobedience as the head of the household. Given a choice between joining the Nazi warmecht and knowing my family would be provided for, kept safe, and even honored for my service and refusing to join and knowing they would suffer, I'd have donned the jack boots and "zieg heiled" my way straight down to the recruitment center. You do whatever you have to do to keep your family as safe as possible and in a nation which has banned all private citizens from keeping arms and has set up death camps for dissenters, that means capitulating to the powers that be.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Which is all very well, except that arnies father voluntarily joined the brown shirts, and his "friend" was mentioned in the nazi "honour roll" for his part in a massacre.

I think that's a little different than passively accepting what was happening in order to keep out of trouble.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Our entire military is a voluntary service and many have joined since the Iraq war broke out. Likewise, many soldiers recieved commendations and honors based on actions in missions in which they merely followed orders and, in many cases, had no clue as to what they were doing as a group. This defense of the man has actually been validated by several investigations by various commissions which have stated that Waldheim may have had knowledge of some war crimes, but he did not participate in them nor did he have precluding knowledge of ones that were planned.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A report whose credibility has been questioned on more than one occasion.

"I was only following orders" was not considered a valid defense at the nuremberg trials - he also voluntarily joined a division of the nazi party, and then tried to lie about his war record.

Sounds like quite a guy...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have friends who are Muslims, friends that are Christians, Some of them gay, some are not. I have comrades that are black, white, yellow, red and even the occasional grey one when I am still in the pub where I should have been long home. German French Danish, Dutch, American, Belgian, Brazilian, Frisian, Greek, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Indian, Burundi, etc. I must be the most unpleasant person alive on the planet, come to think of it.

I don’t see the common sense in painting the past from this one onto that one, nor can I see the logic in blaming the many for the idiocy of the one. It is throwing the good ol’ mud game that is so popular these days.

The article is üntermistakable coloured being just that; laughable at the most.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
.... Likewise, many soldiers received commendations and honors based on actions in missions in which they merely followed orders...

I must, on behalf of those who served with me and myself, object to that portion of what you wrote...

Those honors and commendations I have been witness to in over a decade of service were never recipients of honors and commendations based on action in missions in which they merely followed orders (emphasis mine).

I will admit there are unit awards for participation in missions, etc. But 'merely' following orders is not going to get you one.

I think this comparison to the subjects pointedly highlighted participation in the Bosnia arena is misleading at best. His 'leadership' was salient enough to merit notable mention in official Nazi documentation. It's not like 'he ran a crack motor-pool!' this was little more significant than that.

As for Mr. Terminator, his 'profile' has been following him around for a long time. But that was then, and this is now, and apparently, millions of Californians love him to death, so I won't be easily convinced he is a Nazi. You would have a MUCH easier time convincing the Bush regime is an underground Nazi community.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
do we see arnold giving off any nazi-esque vibes or locking people in camps?

no?

what's that now? he's been a pretty capable governor so far? so what's the problem? why are we even discussing this?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Oh look at that, outright lies and distortions from Alex Jones...who would have thought it.

Waldheim was not an intelligence office. Jones throws out the label "intelligence officer" because he knows it scares the gullible fools that follow him. "GASP! An intelligence officer...that means he MUST have been up to something bad!" Waldheim first served as an ordnance office, then an interpreter and clerk. Even Simon Wiesenthal vetted him, and said he took no part in the atrocities.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
"I was only following orders" was not considered a valid defense at the nuremberg trials - he also voluntarily joined a division of the nazi party, and then tried to lie about his war record.

Sounds like quite a guy...

Alex Jones is lying about Waldheim's war-record too, but you still think he's honorable and decent. No one anywhere has been able to substantiate the lies people like you and Alex Jones have spread. Yet you continue to spread them, without proof, without any sort of evidence. You sound like quite a guy as well.

Show us one shred of evidence that Waldheim participated in war-crimes or atrocities, or admit that you and Alex Jones are just a bunch of liars.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
**DOUBLE POST**

[edit on 24-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
what's that now? he's been a pretty capable governor so far? so what's the problem? why are we even discussing this?

Obviously, it's all the Nazi-like policies that Arnold has been implimenting in California.

Actually, the only problem is that people like Alex Jones have to distort and lie to forward their own agenda.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Let's put this all into perspective here. I've seen alot of people on here say that Bush et al are war criminals and some have even compared the man and his administration to Hitler & the Nazis. Apparently that means that in 60 years anyone who's friends with any man who currently serves in the US military will be considered in the same terms as a man who's friends with a former Nazi soldier in these peoples' minds?

right, because being friends with a soldier is EXACTLY the same thing as financing the Nazi war machine, even after the Trading with the Enemy Act right? Because being friendly with someone is no different than supplying them with millions of dollars for war...

outstanding.

back on topic, it's ironic how this had such a small impact on Arnold's career, while relations with american, christian pastors have been hurting Obama.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by scientist]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

So posting an article for discussion is spreading lies?

In that case I think you may have missed the point of this forum - or do you just fly off the handle and insult everything you disagree with, without bothering to contribute anything of note.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Arnie has always been able to deflect any criticism pretty well - whether he is able to do this because of who he's married to, I don't know.

He was a health "adviser" who took steroids, and admitted it.
He led an anti-smoking campaign whilst chomping on a big cigar.
He professed his admiration for hitler - although this was not admiration for his policies (allegedly) but for the fact that he came from a poor background and was a good public speaker.

It does seem strange that he can get away with things that others can't, and I have no idea why.

Personally, I've heard good things about him and his time in office - I'm pretty sure he's no nazi, but where others seem to have to choose their friends very carefully, this doesn't seem to apply to him.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You are confused. My comparison was valid, your's was not. I was referring to Arnold's connection with former soldiers in the 3rd reich. You apparently are of the belief that I was trying to defend Bush, which I was not. Unless you are using a link about Bush's ancestors to suggest Schwartzenegger or Waldheim financially funded the Nazi war machine you are attempting to use a bait and switch tactic and have failed.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

So posting an article for discussion is spreading lies?

In that case I think you may have missed the point of this forum - or do you just fly off the handle and insult everything you disagree with, without bothering to contribute anything of note.

When that article is full of lies yes. In fact, that is the definition of "spreading lies."

I did contribute, but like the rest of the gullible knee-jerks that follow liars like Alex Jones, you just choose to ignore that, because I'm not a bobble-head agreeing with the lies.

And we are still waiting for the evidence supporting the claims Alex Jones had made. Funny you just ignored that part of my comments.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You are confused. My comparison was valid, your's was not. I was referring to Arnold's connection with former soldiers in the 3rd reich.

really, mind pointing that part out to me in this quote?

I've seen alot of people on here say that Bush et al are war criminals and some have even compared the man and his administration to Hitler & the Nazis. Apparently that means that in 60 years anyone who's friends with any man who currently serves in the US military will be considered in the same terms as a man who's friends with a former Nazi soldier in these peoples' minds?

that seems to be exclusively about Bush, not Arnie. Your backtrack and switch method just failed miserably. If not, then it's still your fault for not being clearer as to avoid such miscommunication. So either way, epic fail.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by scientist]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It must be a terrible burden being perfect.

Posting an article for discussion is not spreading lies.

It's posting an article for discussion - both the good and the bad sides.

Or are you one of those who thinks that because someone posts an article, they MUST agree with it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join