It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Arnold Questioned About His Nazi Connections

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I voted for the Governator twice now and will do so again when he runs. He has done a good job here in California. The Nazi issue came up a few times and it keeps getting ressurected from time to time.

That being said, there is a concerted effort by ultra conservatives to get Arnie out here in california. Why? He is pro choice, he pushed through stemcell research, he works with and compromises with the Democrats, he is by many masures the ultimate RINO (Republican in name Only) I still have several contacts in the State GOP machine and the is an active part that would like nothing better than to topple him. They even get thier funding from out of state etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I didn't realize you needed me to include the entirety of the OP's posts in a statement before I made a comment pertaining to the thread's subject matter. I assumed (incorrectly it would seem) that it would be clear that the "a man who's friends with a former Nazi soldier" comment would obviously relate to the topic at hand "Gov. Arnold Questioned About His Nazi Connections" in which Schwartzenegger's friendship with a former Nazi soldier was being discussed. Any failure on my part here was incorrectly assuming that everybody was along the same average comprehension curve here and all involved would understand (as most posters would) that a reply posted in this thread would pertain to the topic of the thread.

Allow me to disseminate my original comment for you so maybe we can all benefit from your opinion after this "miscommunication" has been cleared up.

Point A) Some people feel that it is inappropriate for Schwarzenegger to have any friendly contact with former Nazi soldiers who's only wrong was being a Nazi soldier. Some have even gone so far as to say that makes Arnold a Nazi Sympathiezer merely based on his friendly association with former soldiers under Hitler.

Point B) Some people today compare George W. Bush with Hitler, the Bush Adminstration with the upper brass of the Nazi party, and say they have committed war crimes similar to Hitler & the Nazi crimes. These supposed crimes have been carried out by everyday soldiers under orders from above.

Point C) If we're to look down upon people like Schwarzenegger for his association with and befriending of former Nazi soldiers, then does that mean the people who call Bush Hitler, but then say "I support our troops" are hypocrites for doing exactly what Arnold and people like him are doing, that being befriending war criminals?

I understand fully that for some answering this question will pose difficult because it will require them to choose between 2 different tennents of the liberal agenda. Either they happily throw Arnold under the bus but in the process revert to the Vietnam days when liberals openly expressed their hatred and venom towards America's troops... or they hold onto the modern attempt at appeasing middle America by voiciferously saying "I hate our government but love our troops!" and in the process have to admit that yes, a man can be associated closely with those who carried out vile war crimes and still be a man of character and substance.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Would you then say that he's liberal leaning and wants to do things for the good of the people, and for the good of the state, rather than for the good of the party?

I've read that some of his policies are pretty controversial, but I can't remember which side the criticism was coming from...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join