It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wasps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
*sigh*

I was brutally and savagley attacked* by a wasp today. It's going to be wasp season again,isn't it
They should be made illegal. They are my mortal enemy,sworn to ruin every pub garden visit,every out door festival and they even gang up on me in my own home. IS NO WHERE SAFE!!!

Dear god,kill all the wasps and I'll believe in you. (and I'll get righ to work on that world peace thing)

Yours thankfully
Acidtastic

*it flew very close!

Anyone else fear the zig zag flying wronguns?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think those wasps are like jealous of bees and stuff. Like bees have those really cool yellow and black stripes, but wasps are just an ugly brown and stuff. Wasps think they're so cool. Flyin' around, buzzin', dive bombin', stingin' people and stuff.
I hate wasps.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Iam terrified of anything that flies with a stinger.Our old house when I was a kid had a nest of yellowjackets in the bedroom wall by the window. We would kill dozens of them a day..I got stung so many times..before calling an exterminator. I hate them with a passion, and if I get a clear shot, I kill everyone I see.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You got a point,bees are cool as ya like. And wasps can't stand it,they sit there,listening to the Klaxons,thinking they're new school. Getting all drunk on rotton apples and going out starting fights.

I've armed myself against their nazi ways. I have 2 electric swatters,in the summer,they never leave my side. I might even build them some little holsters.

We must kill them,we must kill them all.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There is a bunch of wasps around here. They get stuck between two windows, and if you look between there is like 10 dead wasps.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

mwahahahahaha you have a wasp death trap. Good for you! I once worked at this place,and I had to use a glue spray gun. It was quality,I felt like spiderman. Wasps would fly by me,and I'd just glue them to the wall.We glued them together and bet on who'd die last.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I like a shotgun myself. I put a little piece of food on the end of the barrel. When one of those high fallutin' wasps lands there. I pull the trigger of that fancy shotgun, and WHAMMO! No more wasp. I bet that wasp is so surprised! Works every time, but it's murder on the walls.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thats crazy.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

With a passion. I am allergic, and the last time one stung me I ended up in the emergency room. Bee's, too. I have a panice attack if I see either one of them.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

With a passion. I am allergic, and the last time one stung me I ended up in the emergency room. Bee's, too. I have a panice attack if I see either one of them.
Unlucky! Do you carry around an antivenom? I'd bathe in insect repelent every day if I was you!

[bee fact] Did you know,that bee stings can (of you're not allergic to them...) be very benificial for MS sufferers. Patients who were bed bound,could walk again after just 1 session.[/bee fact]

[edit on 22/4/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I also have a fear of bee's and wasps, stemming from some childhood events that were pretty bad. But I've gained a respect for them, because 1) they are dying off 2) Without bee's and wasps we wouldnt have beautiful flowers and fresh fruit

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I sat on a wasp once. It was stuck under a towel on the beach in swanage (south wales) It stung me on my unmentionables-I cried like a new born.

That possibly scarred me for life. (mentally,i don't hvae a welt on my little behind.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Rush's method for killing wasps and other creepy things.

Once one is sighted and lands, run to the bathroom for the super/ultra hold hairspray, saturate said critter with hairspray until it is rendered immobile (will not work with light hold hairspray), then wait for husband to get home! Works everytime!

On a serious note (actually, I was being serious), bee stings were the topic of my 7 yr. old's bedtime conversation last night. He's afraid that he is allergic to them, he's never been stung. I didn't share with him that I worry about that as well because he has other allergies, however, there is no one else in our family that is allergic. We just talked about the things to watch for if and when he ever does get stung.

Rush

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

wd40 is also a top notch insect killer! (I presume you have it in the states,it really is a miricle spray,even for arthritis!!!!)

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

reply to post by hsur2112

wd40 is also a top notch insect killer!

Yes we do, but Tresemme' Ultra smells better and doesn't leave an oily residue. HEHE

Rush

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I hate them too. I don't know what episode of it it was, but once on mythbusters they had a wasp nest found in a big cargo box they wanted to use and used what could be described as a small flamethrower on it. I am know going to say something incredibly cruel to wasps, but I found it immensely satisfying watching them drop out of it on fire.

other than that I want a high power laser to immolate them from a safe distance.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yeah, WASPS annoy the hell out of me too. I try to smack them with a newspaper every chance I get. I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to them.

Here are some of the worst

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wasps are a serious problem for us as well. we have blossoming trees in our yard among other things.. and I don't know if those are contributing factor or not but I know we have an outrageous wasp problem here.

While we are on the subject does anyone have any advice on keeping them at bay or getting rid of them altogether?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
some repelents work,and those garden insense candles you can get are ment to be good at keeping insetcs away. But i won't go and get one of those,incase the shop teller thinks I'm a hippy

Oh,and if you have a mohawk haircut,do NOT use sugar water to hold it up. I learnt this at my peril. (use soap)

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
WASPS are extremely dangerous. They have a tendency to do large amounts of damage by simply living up to their nature. They are somewhat solitary and only socialize with others of their kind. They care little for others, and have more interest in their own well being rather than that of the collective.

They feed off of smaller, less fortunate creatures and will raise their offspring with the same disdain for lesser beings.

Whenever you see them, be sure to nail them right in the face with Raid.

RAID?!?!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join