It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wasps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
*sigh*

I was brutally and savagley attacked* by a wasp today. It's going to be wasp season again,isn't it
They should be made illegal. They are my mortal enemy,sworn to ruin every pub garden visit,every out door festival and they even gang up on me in my own home. IS NO WHERE SAFE!!!

Dear god,kill all the wasps and I'll believe in you. (and I'll get righ to work on that world peace thing)

Yours thankfully
Acidtastic

*it flew very close!

Anyone else fear the zig zag flying wronguns?

LOL
When I was 16 got stung while bagging a ladies groceries... Felt strange so I wiped my sleeve and a wasp flew out, bastard stung me...

My dog got stung on the head 2 times last year, still has scars...

Lots of big black ones over here for some reason...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
my dog god one stuck in his face once (in th fur) stupid animal stopped in the middle of the raod and wouldn't budge until I'd rescued him. He still tries to catch them in mid air. Silly Mr Toby!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I hate wasps - they are horrible aggressive, vindictive creatures whose only pleasure in life is giving pain to others.
They are natures sadists.

Rasobasi - a star for the wasp picture.
I'm still giggling.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I didn't get it,but I didn't want to look stupid

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

WASP = White Anglo Saxon Protestant

I first heard the term in the eighties, about the same time "yuppies" were born, but I think it was probably around before that.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks Budski, I was hoping someone would get the reference.

I knew I wasn't the only one who knew the term.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I'm surprised no-one else did - I'm either showing my age or my love of acronyms.

I think I prefer the former - it sounds less geeky

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well,as they say,you learn something new every day

That means I've got the rest of the day free

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Let us not forget the White Anglo Saxon Pagans

I hate wasps and most insects. Yes I know they do a lot with eco systems and blah blah blah I couldn't care.

I have been stung many times. Jest last year I took five to the face after my bocce ball hit a shed with a wasp nest in it. Needless to say I RAIDed the crap out of thost jerks with a can in each hand. Another fun thing I like to do is make a "sting proof suit" out of heavy clothing, screen door screens and duct tape. Next get a can of something that will flame up and flamethrow them back to the depths of hell where they originated from

I must say jackpine beetles are 10x worse though

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Acidtastic

I first heard the term in the eighties, about the same time "yuppies" were born, but I think it was probably around before that.

What about the Wealthy Anglo Saxon Prostitutes?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I had a wasp incident last night. I was in the spare room on the pc,when I saw it on the floor,crawling kind of in my direction. About 3 foot from me,between me and the doorway. And I had no shoes or socks on!! It was panic station time. I had to tip toe round it,bare foot,to run downstairs to get my wasp electrocuter. Only,when I layed it on the wasp and pushed the button,the batteries were flat!

So,I have an angry wasp,under a little tennis racket type thing,and no socks on still
I got my little knife I keep by my pc,and slipped it on top of it,raised the waspinator and cut it in half. Carefully flicked the still wriggling parts onto a bit of paper and flushed it.

I had to have a rather large drink after that,I was shaking. I had,you'll be glad to hear,put socks and shoes on.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It sounds to me like someone needs The Waspinator!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

sounds to me like I need about 50 of them! I'll see if there's a uk retailer for this,sounds like the sort of theng Robert Dyas would have

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I've found bug spray to be pretty ineffective. What I tend to use is a rubber cement spray adhesive. If you catch them in the air, they fall immediately. If you catch them on a windowsill they're not going anywhere. The only problem is that you need to use rubbing alcohol or some other solvent to remove the buggers once they're dead. And you can't overdo it, otherwise you're stuck with a glob of glue wherever you made the kill shot.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

it's all good,you could encase them and make them a feature. Like wood chip,with wasps.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
What I tend to use is a rubber cement spray adhesive.

Thats some funny stuff!

I've only been stung by one wasp, poor little thing had...a terrible death!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join