It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gasoline going to $6.00 a gallon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I just returned from an energy conservation convention and the majority owner of the company made the statement that gas prices will go to $6.00 per gallon in the not so far off future.

The owner has family heavily involved inside the oil industry and they are telling him to look for gas prices to jump to $6.00 a gallon. If this happens in the not to far off future it will change the way we live, what we buy and will make us all think, plan and consolidate our daily trips before we hop into our vehicle and go anywhere.

Yes I think it would hurt the economy severely and would plummet us into a deeper recession or depression.

Folks the way I look at it, this would be equivalent to warfare worldwide thru the pump. Yes there would be marches and stoppages across this great nation.

Our nation is a nation of survivors and and when the going gets tough the tough get going. I believe in the American people of this great nation and that they will prevail and come forward with great ideas for energy conservation devices and free energy inventions sooner than later to overcome this bondage to oil.

I do understand we have plenty of oil in The United States Of America and off shore, but it is still in the ground and regulations have stopped the drilling of these vast reserves of oil. Even if we have the oil we are limited to what we can refine because of limited refinery capacity. It will take 2 years to build more refineries even if we had the oil. Do we blame the oil companies or our politicians for the present situation when it comes to the price of oil?

Ethanol uses corn so there goes the food supply and yes there are alternatives such as cellulose to make ethanol. So what do you think about $6.00 a gallon gasoline and how do we overcome this situation? Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Entirely possible. Even more than likely with the freefall of the dollar. I blame the oil companies and speculators. They have pimped us out. When it wasn't the dollar, it was a hurricane. If it wasn't a hurricane it was 'changing over to summer blend'. When it wasn't changing over to summer blend it was changing over to winter blend. Or a refinery fire or explosion. These guys have more excuses than exlax has moves.
They have been brought before congress numerous times on condition of immunity.
If you have nothing to hide or fear why hide behind the immunity cloak?
Car makers haven't helped. Big on suv's at large profit. Not on ulev hybrids. These guys sleep together.
Diesel being higher than gas is appalling. It takes much less refinement and should always be cheaper. My brother and I were just talking about this recently. His thought was zero, or near zero energy devices are in the very near future. And the oil companies are sucking the last bejesus out of us before it goes public and mainstream.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A group of Nigerian rebels who wrote a letter to U.S. President George W. Bush, stating that they attacked two oil pipelines Monday, have asked for former President Jimmy Carter and actor George Clooney to help solve issues in the oil-rich Niger-delta.
i am sure that wont help either

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

Thanks bamaoutlaw for your info on the pipeline attacks in Nigeria I was not aware of this taking place. I was unable to locate the website that you have shown. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Hi jpm, you are right, we hear excuses but we customers want solutions and better gas prices. Solutions by the oil companies I do not think so and better gas prices, not. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Did you that it costs way over $6.00 more like closer to $9.00 in Europe.
Gas sucks there. wait till it gets to $20.00.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hi Rik. The gas prices are important. What is more important is the exponential effect it has on every last commodity we consume. I saw a loaf of bread for 2.60 cents last week. Milk at 4 dollars a gallon. Retailers are filing bankrupcy in record numbers because people are holding on to every last penny to fill up their cars to go back and forth to work. It's a slippery and long rocky slope for the entire economy. Hope the Bush clan move to their new digs in Bolivia asap after 09 January.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
what's the "not so far future"? One year? Two years? More?

I think $6.00 is probable sometime next year or the year after, unless we have several disasters over the next few months, like a few hurricanes in the gulf coast region, or terrorism, etc , then we might see it for this year's thanksgiving/christmas holiday time frame.
(hope not)

I don't think we'll see a $2.00 rise in prices so rapidly (ex. disasters), the markets will try to shake out the weak speculators and only after several accounts/hedgefunds/etc are wiped out, will it keep going. We have to see $5.00 before $6.00 without major disasters/interventions things like that will take time to play out.

[edit on 4-21-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
$6 is entirely possible. I remember $0.28 a gallon, kids. Hamburgers were $0.15 at McDonald's and the big Mac hadn't been invented yet.

$6 a gallon, I think your being very conservative.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It has gone up 30 cents in about a week here . . .

I see 6.00/gallon approaching pretty quick

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
God wer'e dating ourselves Hinky. Burger, fries and coke for under a dollar was there motto. Circa 1972 or so. Do you remember the royal castles and their famous iced mug rootbeers? Heaven in a hot summer.
I remember .25 a gallon as a kid. And stations used to give out nfl glasses as a hook to get you in.

[edit on 4/21/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Correct prices are going up daily on food and hard goods because of gas prices. As far as the President of the U.S. buying land in Bolivia I had heard about that and I believe he knows something that we don't. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Hi worldwatcher, from what I could gather it looks like gas prices will be at the $6.00 a gal. level within 18 months but as you know there are many many variables worldwide factored into the equation. This time table is based upon the present rate of increase of oil, greed, the unknown, the plummeting dollar, political situations and warring oil barring countries throughout the world. If another 911 occurs all bets are off and at $6.00 a gal. gasoline would be a bargain. Rik Riley

[edit on 21-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
W will always be alright. He'll have a couple platoons of blackwater guarding him and his compound at all times. As well he should. Just don't go gia monster hunting with cheney.
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, onions on a sesame seed bun. If you could say that in 15 seconds you won a free big mac at its conception. Funny I remember that and none of my catchecisms.
forgot the cheese.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

18 months seems like a fair assessment if all the variables stays the same. Though any talk of new "wars" will cause the time frame to accelerate.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
How funny, I was just going over some old posts of 2006 on this site

here's one

That people were guessing that we'd hit $6.00 in about a year to two years time which actually puts us in July 2008, and watching gas prices all over the nation at an estimate amount at $3.27'ish per gallon, some places obviously higher and others not so much lower.

I think a real good estimate would be to say that by July 4th, 2008 we will for sure be over the $4.00 per gallon mark. It's hard to say at this point in time what it will be like in a year or more due to the elections coming this year and what those candidates will do to help OUR NATION... as that is what they are being elected to run.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
However I think $4.00 by Memorial Day will be the better guess here, maybe closer to 5 bucks by July 4th.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I can remember beer at $1.25 a six pack or $4 a case. If you spent $5, you had a night to remember. My kids love it when I tell the stories about me and Mom in our youth. My oldest is in his 30's with youngest at 18. I don't know how my parents put up with me, I couldn't handle the way I was, with one of my kids.

Time really does pass you by... sounds like a 70's song.

I was never a big frosted root beer mug fan, at A&W. There is still just a couple of these open in the Kansas City area. The sliders at White Castle, how did they get their name?

I really think $6 to $8 for diesel within the next year. Gas, not too far behind.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
its 4.00$ GAL right now, PREMIUM.

I say another 10-18 months you will see a 6 shining.

time for an R/C car, quite easy to build. I currently drive a custom built RC, sounds just like one, and I never spend a penny on gas, just a battery I replace every year, rechargeable.

Max speed: 90mph
Cost: less than 9,000$
Battery life: 3 hours - nonstop (1 Year)

I am currently working on a system on which the wheelspin will recharge the battery.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Ramb0]

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Ramb0]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No no Hinky. It was Royal Castle. Not white castle. They ruled. Before Mc'ys. Might have just been an Ohio thing in the late 60's early 70's. I am alive to this day on 3.2 genessee beer. Available for sale at 16. Different times.
Birch beer. It put any rootbeer you've ever tasted to shame. The iced mug was the capper.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join