It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Tell a Real UFO Pic From a Fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
over the years i have done research on how to tell a real pic from a fake.
it depends because of so many done in photo shop or do a good job with
touch up in bpm map.

the first thing you need to look for is is the pic of the origional object
clear from the background of the city, field, sky or what ever it may be.

second you need to know where the picture was taken like near the ocean,
lake, river and airport. Those are key features to a picture. they can be mistaken with clouds, birds, planes.

next you need to see how the picture was saved. was it saved in bitmap, jpg etc.

Another way to tell is to enlarge the picture atleast 4X its origional size. you also want to check the size of the pic by changing pixels to tell how accurate the pics are. In the enlargement of the UFO photos that the UFO has a finer pixelation (less distortion) than the rest of the photo. This would be impossible if it had been in the original photo, because the pixelation should be uniform throughout. It means the UFO was taken from another image, and has been cloned, reduced, and superimposed on this photo.

if there is anything i missed please post to help identify the diffrence between real and fake pics.

also included below is a link of diffrent types of ufos and images to tell them apart.

diffrent types of ufos and images

[Mod Edit - Remove all CAPS from title]

[edit on 20/4/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have a question for you. If we are seeing the real deal, is it possible that the UFO might distort the area around it? Would that show up in the pic with different pixels? As you know, I am not defending any particular post with photos, but wondering if that would explain anything? Just curious

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If we are seeing the real deal, is it possible that the UFO might distort the area around it?

good question.

depending on the distance of the object and the size it is posible. so is a fake picture. but if the image is clear as day and the background is distorted it has probly been photoshoped.

the image taken would depend on the time of day, how much light. if a flash was used, angle, sun reflection. really it depends on how the picture is taken.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
thanks for that. did you see the photo from Ireland I posted earlier? If so do you really think that one is faked? How about a video? how can you tell on that? besides the obvious...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
video............

i wouldent know where to begin. um i know shots can be layen over and edited that is a whole new post in its own. somone with better experience in that area on ats needs to post sompthing on that. and i havent seen the pic if u send me a u2u ill be more than happy to chk it out

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by v.i.p.e.r

I don't know how to do that, sorry. I have a current threat going on it now. Let me know what you think. Didn't you post a reply? It was one off the mufon website, from Ireland.??

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I saw this one back in 1989 in daylight.

(From website posted by v.i.p.e.r)

So I would assume from personal experience that this one is real.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
its hard to tell looks like someone threw a hat off a ladder or house and took a pic it could be real. hard to tell.
could be authentic. the bottom looks hallow though.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
starwatch

hey that pic it looks diffrent. sompthing is out of place on it. one the image of the ship is to clear. and the image in the background is distorted. tell you what ill look in to it and check it out and get back to you. i want to say authentic but have to run some checks on it first.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I saw one that looked exactly like that one, I was in my car at an intersection with a friend, we both saw it.
I would assume it was about a half to 1 kilometer up, so nobody threw it there.

It had the appearance of brushed aluminum, like the bottom of a pop can, it was just hovering there, and was gone by the time I parked the car to get a better look.

PS, wether or not that image is authentic or not is moot, I saw one just as that image depicts. So I know UFO's exist that at least look like that one.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Toadmund]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
look at the top of my post to my 1st post and give us in detail on what you saw the surroundings etc and we will see what i can find in the area u were in and such maby there was more than one siting.

i seen sompthing when i was in texas it looked triangular shaped it was really high in the sky about 8000ft. was it an ufo posibly but im not shure. i also seen sompthing in az but that looked like a blimp but im not sure either so all the more info you can provide the better for research purpose.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Let's see if this works:
It was here:
www.flashearth.com...
The UFO was in this position:
www.flashearth.com... =ggl

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
well from what i seen in the general area of 15 miles there is a port. near the ocean and your near a school. most sightings happen near an airstrip, port or around water for some reason im not an expert on ufos but try to keep up with with the hump of things as much as i can.

did id spin, wash there flashing lights. what can you tell us about the ufo that was distinct. give actual information to help

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is also an oil refinery nearby. The airport is also close by, a few miles to the right.

The UFO also looked somewhat like this web page depicts:
www.uforth.com...
Only difference is that the sides were more sloped, not so angular, more like the first pic I posted from the web page that you posted in your OP post.

top topics

join