It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message from me to all Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I know you guys have been getting alot of greef from some threads on this site, the media, and people from other countries, even from your own, about how America tries to run the world, has illegal wars, tries to police the world, and everything else you have to put up with.

You think everyone hates America, and are against you, well, me as a white south african, soon to be australian...well im behind you guys all the way, the 9-11 incident, that broke my heart and it still does to this day.

The first thing i wanted to do was join the United States Military and help you guys out in your fight against terrorism, but unfortunately i couldnt at that time..as i couldn't join the us military.

But i am happy to say that i will be in Australia very soon, and i am joining their military, and i will be the first to volunteer to go help u guys out over there as much as i can...

This is just a message to let you guys know there is a guy out there sumwhere who thinks of you guys in your tough times, who is doing everything he can to help out where he can, even if it means going to war...

I got your back USA

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well, gee. Thanks sir. I was expecting some sort of America bash here, but it's a good bit more of the opposite. Wish we had more people like you over here in the States.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well don't call me sir, i am a 25 year old guy who has never even been to America, but i know something awesome when i see it.

U guys need to stay patriotic, there aren't many people outside of your country who will..

I admit i abandoned my country with a smile on my face, but everyone should know why...

If I could have gone to America instead of Australia I would, but your government has to make it so damn difficult.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vimes

I call you "sir" because I respect your statements, and because you're about six years older than me. You are also planning to go into the military, a descision I respect, though it's not one I choose for myself.
As for our country, I love our country, it has it's faults, but all of them do. I love it anyway. Problem is, the people are being taught to focus on the faults and that they are the way of life, instead of the the good things, and how to work on the bad.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, on ATS and the lot, you do tend to see a lot of people "going at" the US, a lot of people get into the best arguments ever "my country is so much better than yours", and of course the "America sucks", "I'll never live there" comments.

I was expecting the same...and attack in this thread, it was a welcome suprised to see otherwise.

Respect+1 my friend.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vimes

Thank you very much Vimes.

Good luck in you military adventures.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vimes

Vimes you have won my deepest respect. Your eloquent post is to be commended. I do hate to see America bashed in these forums, I note (if listed) what country the posters who bash are saying they live in, and wonder if their perception of the US is driven by media or what sources? If you live here you know, Yeah we got problems, but life is great and we all come together as Americans if that is the calling, we all felt it on 9/11, there was no color, no nationality, no lines, only Americans.

top topics

join