It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hey all, we finally got a nice day in Baltimore, so I go down to Ft McHenry to take some pics and enjoy the day. I go down to the water and take some pictures of the Key bridge. I hear this strange rushing sound that came from the general area of the bridge and then it came right over us, it sound like a doppler type effect that you hear on a stereo. Anyways, I search the sky but don't see anything. After getting back home and going through my pics, I find this. I've seen the triangle's at night in the country while satellite watching, this looks very similar. Make sure that you zoom in over towards the center of the bridge.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by redarrow

Well done! It is hard to see, but it's there. I did a quick scanning with photoshop and couldn't find anything. I would not know what to find, but that 's another question. I am always on the look out and nowadays a lot of people see them here (Holland) but I haven't had any luck. Good work.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

While it appears to be pretty close in size to what I would expect an airplane to be from that perspective, the "lack of jet noise" you describe is very interesting and the fact you have a VERY GOOD picture since it has a landmark and more than just lights in a blank sky, I am going to send this off to Jeff Ritzmann for a good looking over.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Springer...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I dunno - it could be three birds. Any three points form a triangle...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
RedArrow-
I'm in your state. Please email me at [email protected] and we can go over some things - maybe a phone interview. I'll start going over the link to the photo and see what I see.

There have in years past been major incidents and flaps around the Bay Bridge In MD, and I know of some around the Key Bridge as well.

I'll post all findings here, in this thread.

Thanx,
Jeff

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
That's really interesting, redarrow. Thanks for posting those. Flagged to keep up with the progress and JRitzman's findings. At first I couldn't see anything until I zoomed in, and pop, there it is.

Rush

[edit on 21-4-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky

I dunno - it could be three birds. Any three points form a triangle...

The trouble is that there is no point of reference, so they could be three flies 10 metres away or they could be three birds over the bridge...

Birds/planes are my suggestions too, maybe the fact your name is Redarrow is a reference to the fact you watch a lot of formation flying

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
*Edit to delete multiple post

[edit on 21-4-2008 by ShinobiAurora]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Great catch redarrow!

Starred and flagged to see what the expert on the case will be able to figure out about the photo.

Looks like a large object to me when compared to the size of the bridge.

I wish I knew what a doppler sound was....

Keep us posted on any developments and great photos thanks for posting this thread!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I wish I knew what a doppler sound was....

The OP is referring to the Doppler effect. The classic example is the ambulance approaching you. As it passes you the siren seems to suddenly drop in pitch. The reason is because the source of the sound is moving. The sound wave velocity doesn't change but the wavelength does. Since frequency = speed / wavelength, the frequency will be altered.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It makes me want to smash my computer into 100 pieces when I look at such a stunning photo, and then quickly scan replies to see multiple posts suggesting "birds", one person even mentions "no points of reference". On both those statements, are you joking or just dense?

The bridge alone is a considerable distance away, the object appearing at minimum, several hundred feet above and possibly a foot, or miles behind the bridge its clear that the object is massive in size, at very least, likely 100('s) of feet across. To suggest this is a couple birds flying in perfect formation is ridiculous. A bird could be perched on that bridge and you wouldn't even be able to see it, it would be a dot in a single pixel its size is so small.

Furthermore, its really quite obvious that the triangle is perfectly symmetrical, though in the photo it appears to be tilted on an odd angle, but its shape is quite obvious and distinct. Unless the photo is a hoax to begin with, there is clearly a UFO in the photo, whether its man made or ET that is the only part that seems up to debate at this point.

Edit: "any 3 points create a triangle"... yes, a scalene, this is quite clearly an equilateral triangle at an odd angle.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I totally agree with you King...and like Springer posted as well, it's not a grainy night picture of a distant light that can't even be speculated about.

I think this photo is very promising.

It's obviously a large object, symmetrical, and not a "few birds" in the sky. Great way to point out how small a bird would appear in this photo, as your example of stating that a bird on the bridge wouldn't even show up.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ok, I see what you are talking about, but I see three dots in the sky. Aside from the noise the OP stated ( I know what the doppler effect is, but what exactly is the doppler noise?) it's just three dots. It's not three distinct flying objects. It could be the Blues for all I know, they fly that formation in their shows, and on the occasions I've seen them travel.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow nice picture! Can't wait to hear about the expert says

Starred and flagged

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I know what the doppler effect is, but what exactly is the doppler noise?

If you understand the doppler effect then you should be able to answer the question.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Hiyah Scramjet76,

Thanks for explaining that to me

Now it all becomes clear to me, and to I am sure others who didn't want to ask a "dumb" question.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Read it again, got what you meant. Yeesh, I need some sleep, been up all night so my brains running behind.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Kinda looks like the webserver crapped out in the middle of my download. Any one else able to access the pic?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

No problem that sounds like me 1/2 of the time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join