It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redarrow

Hi Redarrow.

Question- Did you already hear the strange sound before you took that pic, around same time, or after?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
It makes me want to smash my computer into 100 pieces when I look at such a stunning photo, and then quickly scan replies to see multiple posts suggesting "birds", one person even mentions "no points of reference". On both those statements, are you joking or just dense?

The bridge alone is a considerable distance away, the object appearing at minimum, several hundred feet above and possibly a foot, or miles behind the bridge its clear that the object is massive in size, at very least, likely 100('s) of feet across. To suggest this is a couple birds flying in perfect formation is ridiculous. A bird could be perched on that bridge and you wouldn't even be able to see it, it would be a dot in a single pixel its size is so small.

Furthermore, its really quite obvious that the triangle is perfectly symmetrical, though in the photo it appears to be tilted on an odd angle, but its shape is quite obvious and distinct. Unless the photo is a hoax to begin with, there is clearly a UFO in the photo, whether its man made or ET that is the only part that seems up to debate at this point.

Edit: "any 3 points create a triangle"... yes, a scalene, this is quite clearly an equilateral triangle at an odd angle.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by king9072]

A little bit of a harsh reply there King, I think that maybe you are a little bit too excited and those emotions are affecting your judgment. I simply meant that you cannot possibly use the bridge as a point of reference as the objects may be further away than it (implying the objects are huge), or far far closer (meaning the objects are small). I want to believe this as much as the next man, but he difference is that I am being rational.
I never implied that the birds are flying in perfect formation, just making a joke that his name is Redarrow and the British Air Force formation flying team are called the Red Arrows, it's called sarcasm.
It is not 'quite clearly' an equilateral triangle... it is a generic triangle, since we cannot even begin to find out how close any of these three objects is, noone can possibly say they are even in the same plane as each other let alone spaced equally.

With regards to your comment;

'On both those statements, are you joking or just dense? '

I think you should stop using myself, and any other user looking at this rationally, as emotional backup to state your enthusiasm. It could be a triangle craft, it could be a few birds... the difference is that I and the others want to find out, you have already decided.

I find your comment pretty insulting actually

Shinobi

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hey All,

Thanks for all the replies, I'm just as perplexed as most of you. I just wanted to give some updates and try to cover some of the replies, and I apologize for not being able to get back on here sooner. Anyways, my camera is a simple point and shoot 7.2 mp, nothing fancy. I did not notice any aircraft on this day. It was hazy, but visibility wasn't bad at all. the doppler effect I was talking about in reference to a stereo is one like when an aircraft approaches at high speed, then that sound when it passes over. In this case though, I did not see any aircraft, and it didn't sound like a normal jet (i live right by bwi so I know aircraft sounds). It sounded like a deep rush of air low at first then high in intensity. The bridge isn't that far from ft mchenry and I wasn't zoomed in, so unless these were pterodactyls, i doubt they were "birds". to me, just the perspective of the bridge, boats, and buoys would give some sense of how large they/it was. Like i previously posted, I didn't notice anything until later on that day when i uploaded my pics to my pc. Also, other folks there that day also felt/heard the rush of air/noise> (the best I can describe it!). Also Aberdeen proving grounds is nearby, but not sure if that means anything.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by redarrow]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Birds fly in a triangle, its nothing more then ducks/seaguls. There is no ufo here, keep moving.

God when people are so desperate to believe.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
In spite of the earlier snark to keep an open mind and not immediately jump to the "birds" notion, after looking carefully at the photo, I think that they are birds, also, any three of which will obviously form a triangle.

Not seeing them while the picture was being taken? Typical of birds.
As for the "lack of jet noise," well, thankfully, not too many birds that make that noise or it would be really annoying.

I certainly can't see anything in the photo, or gather anything from the description, that would suggest that they are not birds.

To be fair, however, the image might show an invisible alien triangle craft with dark corners disguised to look like birds, and in the interest of keeping an open mind, please feel free to think that if you want.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
In spite of the earlier snark to keep an open mind and not immediately jump to the "birds" notion, after looking carefully at the photo, I think that they are birds, also, any three of which will obviously form a triangle.

Not seeing them while the picture was being taken? Typical of birds.
As for the "lack of jet noise," well, thankfully, not too many birds that make that noise or it would be really annoying.

I certainly can't see anything in the photo, or gather anything from the description, that would suggest that they are not birds.

To be fair, however, the image might show an invisible alien triangle craft with dark corners disguised to look like birds, and in the interest of keeping an open mind, please feel free to think that if you want.

Ahaha it's hilarious, one guy took the time to dissect my entire post yet didn't bother to mention the point where I said "if there was a bird perched on that bridge you wouldnt even be able to notice it, it would be one pixel in size if it was even visible"

Now the object in question is AT LEAST the distance that the bridge is, and then on top of that its several hundred feet in the air and it could even be FARTHER than the bridge.

The object from corner to corner is undoubtedly 100's of feet from corner to corner, the black objects seen in the picture would need to be MINIMUM 10 feet in diameter for them to appear that large in the photo. How people can still sit here and say, oh its birds, that just seems to ignornant.

Though I am not gonna take the time to re-read the exact wording of my previous posts I am pretty damn sure that in my first post I mentioned specifically that I did not believe the object was ET, if anything its man made. But it is an Un-identified Flying Object, or UFO.

This has nothing to do with belief, I will not completely believe in the presence of actual alians until I meet one, face to face. Cause I am a fairly firm believer that the elite are going to use a hoaxed invasion to rally support for a one world government and have proper reasoning for a nationwide martial law enactment.

BUT, on that same note I think people are wayyyy to quick to "believe" that its simply birds. I see alot of things on line that are hardly believable, but this picture is amazing, and its quite clear its not damn birds. So for you guys to jsut simply sit back say birds and walk away from it is in my opinion; ignorant, whether you agree or not or think im being harsh.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There is one thing that bothers me about this image.

The majority of triangle images I have seen have been in darkness and all have a light at each "corner".

This being a daylight example just makes me wonder why there are black dots at each "corner" rather than a lighter dot.

To the OP could you tell me the make and model of your camera as the software I use to extract the exif data does not recognise it but just states it as beng generic.

I only ask this so I can update the id database.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Great picture. I lived in Maryland for many many years...and used to go seadooing out there on those waters!

Im curious how anyone can really tell how far away and what size the objects are. It is nearly impossible to Tell IMO.

But to me, it obviously looks like birds. In fact, looks like the same object is also in/on the water - probably around the same distance away - as you will see circled below:

IMAGE HERE

[edit on 22-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

This looks to be another perfect triangle to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jibbs

This looks to be another perfect triangle to me.

Beautiful picture of 3 birds perhaps less than a couple hundred feet from the camera, or perhaps even closer.

To bad the objects in this picture are thousands of feet away. As op mentioned, they would have to be pterodactyls.

Before people say OMGAD BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE THAT CLOSE THERES NO POINTS OF REFERENCE!!!!!!!!!

The way I do that, is cause I know how big a bird is, and additionally I know things get smaller as they move away. Just go look at a bird thats even a hundred feet away, it will look tiny... then wait... look at it closely and OMGAD ITS BIGGER!!!?! WOW MAGIC! In the above picture, the fact that you can clearly see the details of a bird makes it so there is NO doubt that the birds are fairly close.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
double post.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

How does anyone know they are THOUSANDS OF FEET away? Thousands?
That is like looking up at a plane and knowing exactly what altitude it is at. It is impossible to measure that.

The OP didnt see anything in the air. It is very normal to take a picture of something...not see a bird fly by...and later see it show up in a picture. Its normal.

The exact same shape/size objects are sitting on/in the water. Why is it so hard to believe they are birds in the air...if those are birds in the water?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The way I do that, is cause I know how big a bird is, and additionally I know things get smaller as they move away. Just go look at a bird thats even a hundred feet away, it will look tiny... then wait... look at it closely and OMGAD ITS BIGGER!!!?! WOW MAGIC! In the above picture, the fact that you can clearly see the details of a bird makes it so there is NO doubt that the birds are fairly close.

Birds come in various sizes. Here, we have tiny tiny little birds...up to big seagulls...all the way up to crows the size of small dogs.

Did you look at the edited picture I posted?

Here cropped out to show....the similarities

Can anyone show how there is NO possible way those are birds in the air?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ahaha it's hilarious, one guy took the time to dissect my entire post yet didn't bother to mention the point where I said "if there was a bird perched on that bridge you wouldnt even be able to notice it, it would be one pixel in size if it was even visible"

Now the object in question is AT LEAST the distance that the bridge is, and then on top of that its several hundred feet in the air and it could even be FARTHER than the bridge.

The object from corner to corner is undoubtedly 100's of feet from corner to corner, the black objects seen in the picture would need to be MINIMUM 10 feet in diameter for them to appear that large in the photo. How people can still sit here and say, oh its birds, that just seems to ignornant.

Though I am not gonna take the time to re-read the exact wording of my previous posts I am pretty damn sure that in my first post I mentioned specifically that I did not believe the object was ET, if anything its man made. But it is an Un-identified Flying Object, or UFO.

LOL aww King, I feel for you mate, really I do...

The basic concept of distance is hard to understand I know, so let me spell it out nice and clearly for you.

"if there was a bird perched on that bridge you wouldnt even be able to notice it, it would be one pixel in size if it was even visible"

That is a very good point, and I admit defeat there... although it's completely irrelevant. We aren't even talking about a bird perched on a bridge, it's about the three objects that are nowhere near a bridge, in the air.

Now let's try an exercise... Imagine a bridge, a big one, with no birds perched on its mighty steel beams. Take three small objects, maybe around bird size... if they are at a distance far away enough (lets say near to the bridge) then they will not be visible. If they are closer, they begin to appear larger... its called depth perception.

Now if we apply this vastly complex concept to this issue, we can see that there is a slight possibility that MAYBE the three objects are a equilateral-triangle shaped object/craft several hundred feet wide that, appears to give off no sound whilst its massive engines propel it through the air.
Or, and I know it's crazy, they could be three naive seagulls flying gracefully through the air on the sea breeze, who randomly fly into some sort of triangular shape as the photo is taken. Not a formation, not planned, but coincidentally.

Right now, I am imagining you with your little ruler measuring the fact that the black objects are ten feet across. How are u measuring these anyway? Surely, IF the bridge is so massive, ten feet is a ridiculously small estimation of their size???

This has nothing to do with belief, I will not completely believe in the presence of actual alians until I meet one, face to face. Cause I am a fairly firm believer that the elite are going to use a hoaxed invasion to rally support for a one world government and have proper reasoning for a nationwide martial law enactment.

...wow. Can you see out of the small eye hole opening of your tin foil hat?

BUT, on that same note I think people are wayyyy to quick to "believe" that its simply birds. I see alot of things on line that are hardly believable, but this picture is amazing, and its quite clear its not damn birds. So for you guys to jsut simply sit back say birds and walk away from it is in my opinion; ignorant...

Guilty as charged, I am a horrible person and ignorant + dense.

After all this, and trust me I am revising for my exams at the moment so it is a welcomed procrastination, I am not led in any way to believe that this is anything more than a few birds majestically gliding on a summer breeze. Thank you to the picture poster for brightening my day with such a delightful summer picture of a wondrous landmark.

Shinobi

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Shinobi, why mention the perception issue and try and turn it around as if I am so far off of that exact point?

Every single post I have made on this thread has all been based on depth perception.

Of course I don't know that those objects are 10 feet across thats simply an estimate based on how far they appear yet how large they appear at the same time.

I am really glad you again brought up the things in the water, cause this helps prove my exact point. So perhaps I can try and spell this out clearly for you;

DO YOU AGREE THE OBJECTS IN THE WATER ARE CLOSER THAN THE OBJECTS IN THE AIR?

DO YOU AGREE THAT THE OBJECTS IN THE WATER ARE MUUUUCHHH CLOSER THAN THE OBJECTS IN THE AIR?

OK LETS APPLY YOUR DEPTH PERCEPTION HERE, IF TWO OBJECTS ARE AT TWO DIFFERENT DISTANCES YET ARE ROUGHLY THE SAME SIZE IN REALITY, WILL ONE APPEAR SMALLER?

Wait, was your answer to that last question "Yes, the object thats farther will appear smaller" ... wow thats weird, cause all these birds still seem to be roughly the same size no matter how far they are from the camera, the ones in the water are practically the same size as the triangle in the air.

BUT WAIT! OMGAD, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? It just doesn't make sense, depth perception is wrong?! Of course its not, the objects thousands of feet away (AGAIN THIS IS AN ESTIMATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT AN EXACT MEASUREMENT! ) could not possibly be the same size as the objects in the water since they "appear" the same size, yet the ones in the air are a considerable distance away.

Again, I never claimed 100% that it was an alien ship, or even a ship at all, or even birds for that matter. The only point I wanted to make when I made my first post in this thread, is that its ignorant to just look at the pic for 1 second say oh its birds and totally spit in the OP's face. Thats ignorant to me.

As far as your comment about my tin foil hat, how the hell did you know I had a tin foil hat? Damn psychics. I think again, its all over the forums here that the topic of faking an alien invasion has come up in bilderberg conferences. Would I be crazy if I told you that almost every president attends a bilderberg conference in the years leading upto their eventual election? OOOO IM CRAZY, no go look it up its fact. So the fact that they have discussed the topic definitely makes it a possibility in my mind. And if its crazy to not completely believe in aliens until I meet one, I am completely whacko. Again, only point that I was trying to make was that its ignorant to dismiss something in one second and call it birds.

It's not IMPOSSIBLE that the picture is simply birds, just improbable. Almost as improbable as it being an alien aircraft snooping on humans. If I were a betting man, and it was proven it was some sort of craft I would bet it was ours.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Im not sure who your anger is directed at, but since im one of those "Its a bird" claimers....I will say this.

I most certainly didnt just look at it and cry "BIRD!". I waited reading responses, analyzing what everyone said. THEN I opened it up in photoshop and saw...........................that the likely answer to "what is it?"....is BIRDS.

I then spent time circling and enlarging....to show the simiarlities.

I have no flippn clue how far any of the objects are. I am just not able to draw that conclusion. But I dont think it really matters anyways.

But for arguments sake. When I enlarged the pictures, I enlarged them to the same size. So, sure maybe the bird in the water is closer, therefore making it "appear" a TINY bit larger then the birds in the air. Plus the birds in the air are flying, therefore their shape will not be the same as the bird in the water, therefore making it hard to tell if they are the exact same size.

So, I will ask again:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well good luck to you, I honestly think that noone will be able to explain this to you without you ranting on about the size of birds and water and... well I really don't care lol.

All I will say is that I didn't just take one second to look at it as say 'its a bird', I looked at it rationally and believed three birds is more likely than a huge secret aircraft with no sound.

Before you rant on again about 'that's what they want you to think'...again I'll say, I don't care. I am entitled to my opinion, as are you. Good luck in the future.

*Walks away shaking head and giggling*

*Edited to *High Five* Greeneyedleo

[edit on 22-4-2008 by ShinobiAurora]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Im not sure who your anger is directed at, but since im one of those "Its a bird" claimers....I will say this.

I most certainly didnt just look at it and cry "BIRD!". I waited a few pages reading responses, analyzing what everyone said. THEN I opened it up in photoshop and saw...........................that the likely answer to "what is it?"....is BIRDS.

I then spent time circling and enlarging....to show the simiarlities.

I have no flippn clue how far any of the objects are. I am just not able to draw that conclusion. But I dont think it really matters anyways.

So, I will ask again:

My anger is directed towards shinobi cause he feels that the best way to get his point across is a combination of making me look like a scitzo and to riddle his posts with sarcasm meant to be absolutely HALARIASS. Too bad he apparently didnt even both reading my posts start to finish to realize I was talking completely about perception, then he goes and makes a post trying to make me look like a fool claiming that his version of depth perception completely explained how it DEFINITELY WAS BIRDS, but the fact is that what he said was a more convincing arguement for why they aren't birds.

As far as that final quote goes, please read the end of my last post. Hell yah noone can prove its bird, noone can prove its NOT birds. Noone can prove its an alien craft, noone cant prove it, bottom line is that NOONE CAN PROVE ANYTHING. Just discuss based on whats available.

Thats why I have explicitly said that this has nothing to do with proving one way or another what it really is, thats impossible. I was just making the point that theres a more valid arguement for it not being birds, than it being birds. And again, this was only cause I felt people were way to fast to jump on the birds explanation thats all.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShinobiAurora
Well good luck to you, I honestly think that noone will be able to explain this to you without you ranting on about the size of birds and water and... well I really don't care lol.

All I will say is that I didn't just take one second to look at it as say 'its a bird', I looked at it rationally and believed three birds is more likely than a huge secret aircraft with no sound.

Before you rant on again about 'that's what they want you to think'...again I'll say, I don't care. I am entitled to my opinion, as are you. Good luck in the future.

*Walks away shaking head and giggling*

*Edited to *High Five* Greeneyedleo

[edit on 22-4-2008 by ShinobiAurora]

So I guess your just ignoring the fact that I have a valid arguement thats backed up with logical possibilities, and again ignoring 90% of my posts content to just focus in on certain little things you feel make me appear ignorant in my own right.

Apologies for jumping to the conclusion that you had simply just screamed birds and ran, thats my mistake. And before you go around making up quotes I apparently said, please just at least quote things that I really say. It will make you look better, I promise.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

So I guess your just ignoring the fact that I have a valid arguement thats backed up with logical possibilities

...Yep

and again ignoring 90% of my posts content to just focus in on certain little things you feel make me appear ignorant in my own right.

...Yep

Apologies for jumping to the conclusion that you had simply just screamed birds and ran, thats my mistake.

...Accepted

And before you go around making up quotes I apparently said, please just at least quote things that I really say. It will make you look better, I promise.

...Thanks, nighty nite

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join