It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What happens when you reach the edge of the earth?

Is there a mountain ridge around this whole "disc" of yours, to keep the water inside the "disc"?

he sun and the moon is are just different sides of the same light disc, and we can see the moon during the day (the back of the sun) precisely because the world is a disc. If it was not a disc, it would not be possible.

Then how do you explain that i can watch the moon in my telescope right now, and a friend of mine in the US can sit in the sun, while both objects appear perfectly round?

If it where a disc, they would appear epliptic (or however you spell that? Eclipse?).

I am also wondering how you can travel by a compass, straight north or south and appear at the same spot that you left from without falling off the edge?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

forgive me if this has been covered;

what would a cross section of your earth look like ?

how does your earth rotate around the sun ? if it is always facing the sun, there would be no darkness anywhere on earth, and if it does rotate like a coin spinning, the entire earth would be in darkness/light at the same time

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think people need to cool down a bit, this person may be serious, but there are also people here who bleieve the Earth is hollow, Creationism, ghosts, magic, ect, all theories that go against the norm. Doesn't make them fools or idiots, but it may make them wrong. So stop attacking the poster and making offensive posts and try to convince him.
There's no reason for him or her to get banned or this thread to be cloased, excepting the people who are making fools of themselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think somewhere in this thread it was said that NASA is faking all that it does with outer-space science projects - missions to other planets, mapping the universe etc. If NASA is tricking us
- then what about the public companies that send satellites into space every other day?

Also - www.msnbc.msn.com...

So even the public is in on this conspiracy????????

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
If the sun is the other side of the moon disc, how can both be visible in day, you're implying a mirror I assume?

I should add the "suggestion" provided does not explain this soundly at all.
I'd like for the op to take a step back and think really hard about these statement. This is quite the conspiracy claim, and it stems from very very long ago. I'm really failing to see the "hard work" that went into this idea.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

are you that lady from THE VIEW?

[edit on 20-4-2008 by tide88]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
still no explaination for retrograde motion, this would not be possible if the theory proposed was valid.

like they say on Myth busters, this is "Busted"!!!!

and yes they were plotted from a flat earth perspective, and it failed, which is why the flat earth theory rejected in the first place

retrograde motion

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Before i start wasting my time with the most illogical and crude nonsense i've ever come across, providing you hundreds of flaws in your simple minded theory, i have a question for you:

How can earth cast a shadow on the moon, if it's a flat disc with the sun and moon hovering above it?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sorry, double post. :/

Edit: Just to use this wasted space...

You said something like "we can't trust nasa". Do you think that nasa is the only space agency on this planet? Ever heard about esa, rsa, csa, cnes, jaxa? Really, if you're that uneducated about simple terrestrial circumstances, how can you even consider to try to go beyond this and explain how earth is shaped? I mean, based on what knowledge, if you lack of simple fact like this?

Ever heard about the pioneer probes 10 and 11, which went mathematically far beyond the position your flat sun should be positioned?

What about Voyager 2?

How do you explain the luminance of the sun, if not from the fusion of hydrogen to helium, which requires (and this is a mathematical / physical FACT) at least a mass of 10^28 kg to cause enough pressure to start the fusion.

Ever heard about the concept of entropy or thermodynamics? These laws alone should really raise questions, if it would be logical for the earth to be flat.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by hackbart]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by Blaine91555

What a wonderful place this morning. Beer is cheaper than gas and the Earth is flat. Only on ATS!

First person to flag this thread, takes out the garbage for a year. Oops, somebody already did

Can you prove that the Earth is indeed a sphere?

I didn't think so.

Can you prove that the Earth is indeed a flat surface?

I didn't think so.

We actually can't prove that the Earth is a sphere because all of the evidence we present you with you just dismiss as being a lie or faked by CG. This is a cop-out.

The only FAKE and CG'd evidence I have seen in this entire thread was provided by you and Del (and myself while trying to understand what you guys were talking about).

Have either of you ever been to space to prove that there aren't actually satellites orbiting Earth? Have either of you been to space to watch a rocket go up, lose fuel and immediately have to come back home?

Your own arguments disprove your theory.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Except for the fact I saw the sun AND the moon at the same time just a few days ago. How do you explain that if it is different sides of the same disk?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Following illogical magicians theory, this

should be IMPOSSIBLE.

Ok? Thread can be closed!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

For that model to be true, we would have to move faster at the edges of the disk than we do towards the center. MUCH faster.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just noticed the thread title has been changed to include Farce. thought I'd missed it until I checked my favorites. Apparently, the entire thing was intended as a gag that lasted about eleven pages. it'll probably continue for a few more, I imagine.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Sumerians had it right, and they still do. The world is round and there are ten planets. This is Funny though, I like the out of box concept.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dismanrc

I know, I laughed when I read that. The sun and moon can often be seen at the same time with the naked eye.

I guess that is somehow light refraction also.

or wait, I can make something up:

How about, there is a giant mirror behind the sun that sometimes, if caught in the right light, reflects the back of the sun to show an image of the moon?

ftw

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Just noticed the thread title has been changed to include Farce. thought I'd missed it until I checked my favorites. Apparently, the entire thing was intended as a gag that lasted about eleven pages. it'll probably continue for a few more, I imagine.

Thanx for the definition of farce. I wonder how many people on this thread acually believe the earth was flat. Well, i would like them to explain water in space.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
I can't believe I'm reading this...

How do satellites orbit then? How does one sail around the world?

So, are geosynchronous satellites just hovering like a helicopter or what? coz that's kinda impressive if they are...

Please. Give me a break.....

[edit on 20-4-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

Put a DVD in front of you, and imagine something orbiting the planar disc. It just orbits around like a needle on a record player. For geosync satellites, imagine that the record is moving the same speed as the needle.

Problem is, these theories are generated by people most of the time, who lack something. Its called education. The argument of, well you haven't been to space, thus we cant go into space like nasa says, is VERY illogical to say. The argument of ignorance is a fallacy. Its fun and easy to claim the earth is flat and the sun is extra small and we have this wall around us to fit the theory. But anyone with a college background can just laugh at this. AS i have. Oh sure, you can say Im just being fed the same propaganda blah blah blah. Until you have sat in the classroom, taken physics classes, gotten a degree, and pursued post graduate education, you are NOT equipped to make such a wacky claim.

The simple point in the theory that the sun is actually much smaller so that it acts like a spotlight is laughable. It helps the retort of 'why isn't the Earth taking in rays of sun 24 hours a day'. But thats all it does. It falls 'flat' (excuse the pun) on its face. Any highschool graduate who took a science class can answer why with simple mathematics. Any college graduate who took astronomy can walk around you in circles explaining the huge mass that is our sun. This thread is pure bunk.

Anyone who still believes in the flat Earth theory, I say this to you. Please, educate yourself. You can't go on in life thinking EVERYONE in the WORLD is lying to you. Earth isnt one big conspiracy. Do I think Oswald was the lone gunman? No way. DO I believe the gov knows about UFO's and the truth behind them, abso friggen lutely. Do I think the moon landing was a hoax? Did for a while, and now I changed my mind to no way. But to just spit in the face of hundred of years of honest math and science is just being ignorant. Use the drive you have for proving everyhting is a conspiracy to things that actually might be. This topic should be over with as soon as Air flight was invented and proved it wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
explain the 6 months of darkness/daytime by the poles then.

and dusk and dawn?

[edit on 21-4-2008 by jesuscarwash]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
By that theory, the earth would be shaped like a bowl in order to not be standing at an angle or feeling like everything is downhill from you. Tie a washer to a string, and tie the other end of the string to a small hanging scale, and swing it around over your head. Measure the reading, then use a longer piece of string and do the same thing, and at the same approximate RPM. The weight increases. Gradeschool stuff.

Actually, it wobbles. That accounts for the tides.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join