It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices Are Absurd - VENT YOUR OPINION HERE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
domestic or import?

i just paid 13$ for a 12ver of red stripe

mmmm red stripe

plus i live in seattle we got great buses and walking

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have to wonder when we'll start hearing stories about people getting beaten close to death or shot caught stealing gas from someones tank.

I've changed my shopping and driving habits and don't feel as bad about paying more for a steak buying at local stores instead. I've been thinking about buying a scooter and am now looking at the electric ones that seem to be about the same price as some gas ones that have mysteriously come down. I guess people are now more interested in the electric ones?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm sick of the high gas prices.

Drill now...ANWR...East Coast, West Coast...no restrictions.

Scare the speculators, when they see we are serious about increase our oil output they will back off!

End our dependence on foreign oil.

Don't give me the Dem talking pts about 10 years...blah blah blah. "Want to go to college?" Don't bother... it will be years before you see any results. Why raise CAFE standards for auto companies if we won't see results for years? This is the weakest excuse I have ever seen. DRILL NOW!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What really gets me about the gas prices is that they are going up based on speculation. Investors are buying oil futures for a lot more than oils current price. While the dollar keeps falling, these futures go up in value. But the investors don't care that they are driving up the prices because they are making over 10% in profits for each future the buy and sell. In the mean time, the rest of us who have no choice but to pay over $4 a gallon for gas are having a hard time buying gas when we also need food.

I was intending to go back to work once my oldest starts kindergarten this fall, but with the way gas keeps going up I may not actually be able to afford to drive to work. With the cost of everything from daycare to food going up it actually saves my family money for me to stay home with our youngest and my husband to be the sole provider of income. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the oil companies are making record profits, OPEC is saying there is no oil shortage, and investors are buying up oil futures causing gas prices to soar, yet we hear daily that there is an oil shortage and that is why prices are going up. Personally I think gas prices are going up so the money men in Big Oil and the investors can line their pockets a bit more while the rest of us wonder if we'll have enough money to put gas in the car and buy food next week.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Gas prices are just the tip of the iceburg.People have curbed their driving to cut costs,therefore buying less gas.The government turns millions of dollars a day on gas taxes,as do the state governments.lower consumption creates a tax shortfall which they will supplement with higher taxes somewhere else. Putting more burden on the common citizen.
Higher food prices,higher utility prices,ever increasing interest rates on unsecured consumer debts,and medical costs skyrocketing.All these things look to be a multi-pronged attack on the economic stability of the country as a whole.
We my friends are on our way to the new and improved poor houses,this country has been building so feverishly.Some have called them detention camps,I call them debtors prisons!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by LovingSoul
By approx 2030 there will be NO MORE OIL ANYWHERE.

I wouldn't go that far my friend. I think all the oil that currently resides in the US will still be there since the environmental whack jobs won't lest us use it.

Seriously though, if we could break our dependence on foreign oil here in America and use what God gave us right here in the US, we could devote enough extra resources to developing new technologies that we may not NEED oil by 2030.

But then again, better the human race to suffer than those poor polar bears who may have to be relocated right?

ohhh i agree oil will probably be obsolete in 2030....if all goes well...but to say oil will run *out* in 2030 is laughable...the amount of oil out there that has not been found would last us hundreds of more years...but like i said...we wont need it for that long...hopefully...free energy...how much would that uncomplicate things?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Time to buy a horse people.

Stop giveing your hard earn money to the crooks and liers.

Man made it here befor we disovered oil, and we can make it with out oil.

BUY A HORSE AND BUGGY!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
Time to buy a horse people.

Stop giveing your hard earn money to the crooks and liers.

Man made it here befor we disovered oil, and we can make it with out oil.

BUY A HORSE AND BUGGY!

Yes horses...except GM them like these little mice...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They're only going to get worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join