It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices Are Absurd - VENT YOUR OPINION HERE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

As ridiculous as the reality is, beer IS now cheaper than gas pretty much everywhere. This photo was sent to me by a fan which they took at their local gas station. Although the humor of it is worth a chuckle or two, the reality is that the majority of people now have to make serious choices about whether to fill up their car (if they are lucky enough to have one) or put food on the table.

LET US HEAR YOU! TWO WAYS TO RESPOND.

ONE, you can call our TOLL FREE number for the US and CANADA at:

1-877-417-2204

TWO, If you PREFER, you can also POST your thoughts and opinions HERE and we will read a few of the better ones.

Please FLAG & STAR The Mutha!

[edit on 6/19/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yes, it's true, beer is cheaper than fuel now, in terms of weight and measurements, but that is changing as grain prices are starting to rise now at the start of the farming season. Everything except wages are going up. My $17.50 an hour (which I have been at for 5 years) is more like $12.50 an hour today due to rising daycare costs, food cost, cost of living, etc. My wife ony recieved a 1% cost of living increase this year, and she has been at her job for 10 years - in HR & Accounts Payable!

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Spoontoad]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Where can I buy a conversion kit to start running my truck on beer?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
So I guess this means that we will get all our protein from Beer when we can't afford gas, our jobs are gone, and there is no money to buy gas for our cars. We will just sit down and get drunk.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Unfortunately, many people have been trying to warn of the coming oil crisis for many years. Peak Oil is a reality we all need to get used to. By approx 2030 there will be NO MORE OIL ANYWHERE. I know this doesn't make anyone feel better but we really need to start looking at our lifestyles and doing away with the unnecessary stuff. As an example, in South Africa in 2000 we were paying approx R3.00 per litre and this year we are up to over R8.00 per litre. This has affected everything - the cost of food is skyrocketing as is electricity and water. And there is absolutely nothing we can do about it!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ye, changing times ahead.

i get the feeling this all the lead up to some "end game" of sorts.

the world is MONEY MAD, its all that matters. the very fabric out our being now is making some £/$

Russia, as we all are reading, have just discovered a large quantity of Oil
perhaps they will become the super power.

all i know is its £1.07 for a Litre of Fuel in Edinburgh, Scotland.

our local refinery in Grangemouth is having a 2 day strike this Sunday and Monday, as a result all the petrol/gas pumps are empty.

can we imagine a world with NO oil ?

its SICK that because of this strike, the petrol stations all put prices up.
surely when times are hard, they can help thier costomers ?

one day, when money wont matter, i hope these gready barstewards starve to death. the world is FRUKED due to some old rich farts having the ability to change oil prices to line thier own pockets.

Mankind will look back on this era and say "why"

sadly. the people in charge, Bush etc, have failed us all, history will look back at them with anger im sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Twenty years from now we'll be reading in the papers that this whole oil shortage BS was a scam the way the oil shortage was back in the 1970s.

In the 1970s, aides to President Nixon ratted him out by telling the news agencies that Nixon was sitting in the White House in the summer of the gas shortage with a bonfire in the fireplace burning after setting the air conditioning to freezer locker temperatures, so he could be happy. We'll be hearing pretty much the same thing about the Bush family in ten to twenty years from now in those tell all books. When your great maternal granddaddy is Aliester Crowley (Grandma Bush's daddy, did'ja know?), you are bound to have the same tendencies.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
For me, beer has been cheaper than gas for a long time. I don't know what the big deal is. Did i mention I drink Pabst Blue Ribbon?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
1 word: elietists. This is just another of the way those people are trying to controll us. What do we do? BOYCOT GASS! Ok, too far, but still, we shuld consider all the alternatives he have today and seriously consider moving to something else.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
By approx 2030 there will be NO MORE OIL ANYWHERE.

I wouldn't go that far my friend. I think all the oil that currently resides in the US will still be there since the environmental whack jobs won't lest us use it.

Seriously though, if we could break our dependence on foreign oil here in America and use what God gave us right here in the US, we could devote enough extra resources to developing new technologies that we may not NEED oil by 2030.

But then again, better the human race to suffer than those poor polar bears who may have to be relocated right?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I was just learning how to make my own beer at home, and now malt prices are going through the roof. My new hobby trashed. Those bast*rds.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Doesn't seem to compute.

Here in N/W Arizona, 87 octane gas is running $3.28 -$3.60 per gallon.

A recent purchase of a quart bottle of mid-priced beer is $1.59.

Four quarts make a gallon, four times 1.59 = $6.36.

Color me confused....

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Color me confused....

I thought this same thing myself upon first reading this. Perhaps they are relating the cost of a gallon of gas to a six pack of beer? Or a 12 pack of beer? I'm not sure.

I can tell you this though, I can still have more than enough beers at one time for a lot less than it takes to fill my car up. So overall I think this point is a bit of a stretch.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bowcatz001
Where can I buy a conversion kit to start running my truck on beer?

I'd be interested in purchasing a conversion kit to HOP up my SUV

Wonder how many cans it would take to increase the mileage?

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Skydancer]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
One thing that would help is if states took the smog-reducing additives out of the gas.

Californias little MTBE experiment in poisoning the water table knocks about 10% off your vehicles mileage.
For about a 2% reduction in pollutants.

A 2% reduction in smog looks good, but at the expense of burning more gas which actually increases smog doesn't compute in my book.

Same thing seems to be happening here in N/W Arizona with methanol added to the gas.
Mileage went down 10% in all my vehicles a while back and in the last few months it's gone down another 2-3 percentage points.

State governments must have taken math classes that were way different from the ones I did.

I know . . . it's the old "You don't understand" bit.
Actually I think most of us understand all too well....

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This sounds like a good excuse to sit at home drinking. I'd use it.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Let's do the math...

At $3.50/gal, 128 oz in a gallon, that's $0.027 per ounce for gasoline.

At that $/oz, a standard 12 oz beer would be $0.328. That would be a 6-pack for $1.97.

Someone please tell me where I can get this cheaper-than-gas beer!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well milk is still more expensive than gas. BTW most beer worth drinking is still more expensive than gas.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Adding insult to injury, I walked into the store and asked the clerk for five dollars worth of gas, he farted and handed me a receipt.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The bottom line...

If the beer you are drinking is cheaper than gas... It's time to switch brands...

Quaffing Monkeys, not just for wheat, barely, and hops anymore...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join