It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Hypnotist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

You can't "make" someone believe 100% something that they don't already believe is in the realm of possibility.
For example - if someone has tried over and over to reach a goal wieght of 125 pounds and never reached that goal, the mind will automaticaly kick into gear with that "tried that, didn't work" kind of thinking. So, what we do is to set a goal of something they never tried for before. Maybe a goal of 128 pounds or 122 pounds. This way the SC mind will accept this new goal as achievable.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wow--thanks for all that. This might actually come in handy one of these days. ^^

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
thank you very much for the info Angela

you're an accomplice to murder

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

Surely there'd have to be a physical limit?

Say a person has just used some type of illicit drug and believes they can fly. If they are hypnotised and it's suggested that they should try and fly, they're clearly going to fail.

So where do you draw the line separating the possible from the impossible?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben236

my friend nothing is impossible

but it is true that there are limits on those who believe that most things are impossible so there would have to be an ethical line that hypnotists wont cross to protect their patients

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What about using hypnosis to extract the truth from someone?

Would it be possible to get a criminal to confess to a crime or use it to extract sensitive information?

I suppose they have to be a willing participant, right?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Makoto
Wow--thanks for all that. This might actually come in handy one of these days. ^^

Another little somethin' that could help with the weight issue:
Our SC mind feels the same way about loosing things that our conscious minds feels. It don't see loosing ANYTHING as a good thing. So to "loose weight" is NOT a good thing as far as the SC goes. To 'manage' weight or 'control' weight ... that the SC sees as a good thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben236
Surely there'd have to be a physical limit?

Say a person has just used some type of illicit drug and believes they can fly. If they are hypnotised and it's suggested that they should try and fly, they're clearly going to fail.

So where do you draw the line separating the possible from the impossible?

Every person's psychosis or neurosis is different (the 'norm' isn't always normal). Every person needs a good pre-talk and a good intake. But if you are a responsible hypnotherapist - chances are your not going to ask a person to do anything like try to take flight. There are people who are dillusional or mentaly challanged in such a way that they would indeed try something unreasonable and unsafe. But generaly you don't do a session with people on drugs or drunk at the time of the session. I'll do 'slightly tipsy' at a bar - but not 'durnk drunk'.

(Now we can, on the other hand, take ther person on a journy during a session that includes flight. This one woman for instance. She had this problem. She didn't want to tell what the problem was, but she knew that with help she could find her answer. So after she was in a somewhat deep state, she was asked if she was ready to go find the answers she was looking for. Yes, she was ready.

Ok, next I have to find out just how it would be best for me to guide her to this mystery thing she wanted to discover. I asked her how would she like to get to the place where her answers lie. She said a magic carpet! So - off she went, flying to the answer (She did find the answer she was looking for, but never said what it was.)

Anything is possible within the imagination - and during a session you can experience a memory as if it is happening right now (see, hear, feel, taiste - everything). You can also 'make a place' just for you during a session (we call it your 'safe place'. This is a must for regression therapy. This place can be what ever the person wants it to be. And while they are there in session, it's just as real as if they were there physicaly.

Hm. Sounds like a cheap vacation don't it. LOL!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben236
What about using hypnosis to extract the truth from someone?

Would it be possible to get a criminal to confess to a crime or use it to extract sensitive information?

I suppose they have to be a willing participant, right?

Nope. Hypnosis is not a truth serum. We can't make anyone tell us anything they don't want to. They would have to be willing. BUT, say they agree to a session. We could maybe 'trip them up' and get a few clues to some incriminating evidence. (Not admissible in the coursts if we lead though.) Forensic hypnosis is VERY carefully done.

Let's say there was a witness to a murder. The witness saw the guy shoot, then get in a car and drive off.

If I put him under and asked him to tell me the license plate number - it wouldn't be allowed to be used.

I would have to take him back to that day, near the time of the incodent and just ask him where he was. What time is it? What do you see? And if they say they saw a guy shot someone and leave - then I'd have to ask him to tell me what he's seeing as the guy leaves. Then he'd say he drove away. Then I'd have to be careful not to use the word 'car' or 'truck', but ask what he saw when the person drove away. We hope the person mentions a car or truck. When he does, I can ask him to look at the car and tell me what he sees. It could take an hour to finaly get a person to mention a bumper to ask him to discribe what he sees when he looks at the bumper to get a plate number, or it could take mere minutes.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
would you kmow how many sessions it takes for weight loss and the believing 100% thing to really take effect in the mind, just wondering?

also i got three numbers from the NGH, and i am going to try them out tomorrow so thanks for that.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Glad you got some numbers :-)
As far as how many sessions it takes, it depends on the issues that caused the problem to begin with. We can only tackle a few things per session (not that we couldn't just do a longer session, but it would be harder for the client to 'accept' so many changes).

So if the problem is just sweets or snacking after dinner - no problem - done in one sesion. But if there are issues that are deeper, things you may not even be aware of, we need to deal with them, then the sweets or snacking or how much eaten at once, or how often your eating - where you eat - all kinds of different things are looked at. Get a good thourough hypnotist that will go through everything with you, and you'll have life long changes that will really make a difference.

For me, I did a 'chocolate session'. (My big weakness). After that, I lost weight automaticly.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
so what i wanted to know was, could it be possible to hypnotize a person into believing that their body gets full after only eating half of what they would normally eat, and how long (sessions) would it take to be in full effect?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
so what i wanted to know was, could it be possible to hypnotize a person into believing that their body gets full after only eating half of what they would normally eat, and how long (sessions) would it take to be in full effect?

Cerainly. It would only take 1 session. The words I'd rather use woud be that the person would be "satisfied" with the smaller quantity. Also, that the person be satisfied without having to "feel full". Using both of those things - leaving the person with the ability to be satisfied without the "full" feeling, and also feeling satisfied with less food when they eat - that would let the stomach shrink and this would call for less and less food per meal.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
www.esoterictube.com...

Hypnosis -- how it works.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makoto
Ever seen someone orgasm on cue?
Guessing you're familiar with Ross Jeffries and David Spade, possibly a few others in that area of speed seduction and NLP.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join