It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12,000 Year Old Temple Found in Turkey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

"Look at this", he says, pointing at a photo of an exquisitely carved sculpture showing an animal, half-human, half-lion. "It’s a sphinx, thousands of years before Egypt. Southeastern Turkey, northern Syria - this region saw the wedding night of our civilization."

Incredible find. I find this quote really interesting. What could the sphinx actually be. Either the ancient eqyptians had some connection with this ancient civilisaion or the sphinx actually existed ...

[edit on 18-4-2008 by fiftyfifty]

Revelation 4:7 says The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature was like an ox, the third living creature had a face like a human, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.

he was describing the helping creator angels of god in his vision of 'heaven' or space. They are everywhere in most ancient religions. This temple is pre flood too very interesting. I suspect the 'evil' hand will want this site bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by daemonicsoul
Revelation 4:7 says The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature was like an ox, the third living creature had a face like a human, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.

Well naturrally the Bible got its stories from the ancient Sumerians and added a lot of "Lo and Beholds"

he was describing the helping creator angels of god in his vision of 'heaven' or space. They are everywhere in most ancient religions. This temple is pre flood too very interesting. I suspect the 'evil' hand will want this site bad.

Are you sure you know which side is the true evil?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff here. To me it does seem probable that it was buried to protect it from invaders that would do it harm. The thing I keep wondering is if this is the case that a group of people were able to slaughter those who built something so advanced for the time, then it seems to me that the people doing the invading could have very well been more advanced than those who built it. If that is the case then who were the other "possibly" more advanced people?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

I have recently finished reading Graham Hancock's "Fingerprints of the Gods" and Colin Wilson's "Atlantis and the Kingdom of the Neanderthals". The finding of a 12,000 year old temple should give both those and other authors a big boost in their claims of a past great civilization.
The finding of the community settlement that is 700,000 years old in Qatar should also give credence to Mr Wilson's theory that the Neanderthals were more sophisticated and cultured than given credit for.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
A big bump up from 2008 - lots of people seemed interested in this site and I have found some recent information

uploaded 2011

There are many vids now on YT about Gobekli Tepe if you are interested
www.youtube.com... 1l1l0

and of course there's the Google Search page
www.google.com...

lots of things to see

I never heard about this site before and I think it's damn interesting

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Interesting to note they discovered what is basicaly a Sphinx, thousands of years before the Egyptians. Must have been a pretty prevalent religion they had if its ideals lasted for thousands of years and caused such devotion in Egyptian culture.

Probably worth looking into Sphinx imagery a lot more, maybe find a lot of interesting connections in ancient cultures.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join