It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12,000 Year Old Temple Found in Turkey

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Haven't you heard? The Sphinx is really 9,000 years old.
The lion was buried in the sand with head sticking up.
Sand storms wore the lion head into an ugly stump.
Thousands of years later an Egyptian pharoah said
"Put my head on top"

That's how we got the Sphinx we have today.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
The one statue looks more like it may have been some type of android or robot. Sometimes I wonder if these sights may have been fabricated to give the illusion they were built long ago by humans. Some of the carvings also look similar to Mayan shapes. The story of Adam and Eve and the garden of eden may have coexisted in several areas of the world. The possible ability to create a humanoid being from just about any living thing may have been done also. If humans were also transplanted to this world from another planet, than there's really no way of knowing for sure these were made by humans. How do we know whether or not part of our DNA was at one time a triple helix from living in a multiple star solar system?

Did I miss something? Androids? Robots? Triple helix? Other worlds?

I'll have some of what you're smoking!

In fact, just give me yours. Sounds like you've had enough.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
reply to post by Star Ranger

Hello Star Ranger,

Many thanks for your post. You write:

:Star Ranger: ...but there may very well be something Cyclical ...

SC: You may be interested in my work here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

Thank you very much Scott, it is interesting!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
This is pretty far off topic, but I have an archaeological question.

Does anyone remember hearing about the discovery of a pyramid that was supposedly larger and older than the Great Pyramid? In Europe?

I think it was only a few months ago, then I never heard anything else about it.

For some reason I think this was eastern europe and it was later said to be a hoax*. Bosnia maybe? Definitely eastern europe as I recall *scratching head* My fuzzy memory is no better than yours, but "yes" I remember something about this....
*I'm not saying it was a hoax, I'm just saying I vaguely remember it being disputed...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Wikipedia to the rescue: en.wikipedia.org...

I haven't read through the citations, so I'll offer no opinion.

As to the Turkish pyramid, it certainly seems to support the idea that people were "civilized" alot sooner than mainstream archeology would have you believe.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Probably the most outstanding fact that all these cities, pyramids and similar symbols, (sphinx) underline; is their commonality with the Bible's Babel.
When was the first Tower of Babel, we don't know. Was it a pyramid?
That would be the most likely shape for ancient architects to reach as high to the heavens as they could. The history in the Bible suggest that this tower had religious significants and that the people all spoke the same language then. Then it says. "God destroyed the tower and confounded their language, the people, (left off) to build their city." KJV In other words, each group went to a different location, there they built their own tower and city. Or pyramid.
Not only are these similar pyramids found all over the world. So are the religious artifacts.

Actual quotes: Gen 11:5-8
5And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the (face of all the earth): and they (left off to build the city).

Of course, we have continued to do so, untill this day. A history modern man loves to cover up and forget!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Why do the so called experts, say this:

Scientific investigations of the site show there is no pyramid.[1][2][3] Additionally, scientists have criticised the Bosnian authorities for supporting the pyramid claim saying, "This scheme is a cruel hoax on an unsuspecting public and has no place in the world of genuine science."

Then later seem to contradict themselves with this:

Semir Osmanagić's claims, widely reported in the mass media, have been challenged by a number of experts, who have accused him of promoting pseudo-scientific notions and damaging archaeological sites with his excavations. Penn State University Professor Garrett Fagan is quoted as saying "They should not be allowed to destroy genuine sites in the pursuit of these delusions[...] It’s as if someone were given permission to bulldoze Stonehenge to find secret chambers of lost ancient wisdom underneath."

It is either an ancient architectural site, or it isn't. It can't be both!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My understanding is that the several encampments have been built on the hill (or pyramid) including the original capital of the region. That is what they are worried about disturbing. Again, I have no idea. I haven't gotten around to reading the studies and articles they linked to.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Is it because, the Secular controlled academia wants to be the only ones
to uncover, (man's past history). Because they want control of what information is released; and what is hidden away from the publics eye!
Think about it!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Check here for more information on Bosnian Pyramids.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

It brings to mind a "Golem" a human like statue that is brought to life,, rumored to be a conjure of the Kaballahist,, of the old Hebrews,,
Interesting when you think about the first Hebrew,,Abraham ,, came from UR where the locals were practicing a religious process that angered Yhwh.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
reply to post by Howie47

Is it because, the Secular controlled academia wants to be the only ones
to uncover, (man's past history). Because they want control of what information is released; and what is hidden away from the publics eye!
Think about it!

I'm reasonably certain you are correct. I think a compelling case is made for a much older age of the Sphynx based on the erosion pattern on the base, for example. My views probably differ from yours on a hundred points, but I do agree with the fact Egypt in particular has a vested interest in being the cradle of civilization, and that most in the academic field would rather not challenge long standing theories, even if they don't appear correct.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It has been my opinion since grade school that our educational institutions continuously heap praise up those cultures which are most hierarchical in composition, placing these cultures above those cultures which seemed to exist in a much more egalitarian environment. Those who stray off this path are punished in the academic world, and excluded.

Hmm, imagine if ancient cultures that did not worship their royalty as gods were to have been as equally advanced, if not more advanced than those cultures with such ant colony type existences. What if the great advances of civilization were achieved by more loosely based cultures? Being that recorded history clearly shows that those cultures who provided opportunity for all continuously advanced far more rapidly in technology, why wouldn't ancient cultures have followed the same patterns.

Maybe those who lay claim to the gates of higher learning and advancement do not want it to be well known that knowledge and creativity do not come down from high, but instead spread out mostly through the masses. Then it makes sense that they would not like to see how civilization truly developed.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Personally, I have felt for years that there were advanced civilizations that existed in the dim past. Among other reasons: there are too many similarities between cultures scattered all over the world, as well as the rain weathering on the Giza Sphinx and the way Egyptian civilization popped up out of nowhere with no developmental stages and then rapidly declined to a comparatively primitive state.

[EDITED FOR SPELIN]

[edit on 4/20/2008 by greywolfe1960]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

When we consider that many if not most, the great inventions of the twentieth century were made by nobodies in their garages! It would seem your statement is still true. I think they sometimes give them Honorary titles of scientist. So the establishment can take credit!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

I'm not sure why comedians visit this site ,,guess they are attention starved. Research Golem and Kaballah... you may not like the real source of these opinions. You research these two topics and you may want something to smoke afterwards.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Read the story in the Mabinogion about Gwydion the wizard who incubated his nephew Lleu from a fetus in a chest at the foot of his bed, and then later created a wife for him out of flowers of oak, and broom and meadowsweep. This I find to be one of the most interesting tales I have ever read, especially about the incubation of the boy. This suggest a knowledge that has been proven accurate by modern medical technology, and suggests a knowledge of the workings of life that is uncanny in its accuracy.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Excellent theory. Starred. I don't think it's all that far fetched to suggest that our authorities might purposefully glorify or denigrate certain cultures of our past depending on how it suits their means. I think you might be interested in a thread I put together a while back theorising that our leaders most likely demonize our history in order to shape our contentment with the current state of affairs:

A Conspiracy to Demonize History

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
www.vnn.org...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[Mod Note]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is really fascinating!

Seems we just keep on Finding Artifacts/evidence that pushes the Dawn of 'civilisation' as we know it, back, further and further.

This is giving an incredible insight into our own past and perhaps the world around us too e.g. other countries that were developing (and perhaps the speed at which they were developing socially/technologically when compared to the Egyptians etc etc?)

I can't wait for the next big discovery of this kind that will say " hey guys, you never guess what, we've knocked the Timeline back another 10,000 years with this discovery!"

Ok so 10,000 years might be pushing it, but until proven otherwise, what's to say we wont keep finding these amazing clues (cue the govermnment)?.. Especially since whenever we think we're just about getting to grips with our past and what it might have contained,... Someone rolls in with a new piece of rock or something that voids all previous theories!

** spelling mistakes removed, sorry, i type fast

[edit on 23/4/2008 by retro_10s]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join