It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Men could reduce their risk of developing prostate cancer through regular masturbation, researchers suggest. They say cancer-causing chemicals could build up in the prostate if men do not ejaculate regularly.And they say sexual intercourse may not have the same protective effect because of the possibility of contracting a sexually transmitted infection, which could increase men's cancer risk. Australian researchers questioned over 1,000 men who had developed prostate cancer and 1,250 who had not about their sexual habits. They found those who had ejaculated the most between the ages of 20 and 50 were the least likely to develop the cancer.

news.bbc.co.uk...

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 17-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

......and they said you could go blind

What can i say
Jocelyn Elders is Vindicated!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
awesome now my wife wont think I'm a perv lmao , I'll simply say its to prevent cancer yay.

thanks for posting this i needed a good chuckle.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, I have absolutely no risk of getting cancer now! Thank Gawd, this is great news because I am a smoker!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

prostate cancer so, unless you smoke those butts with your butt, you're still at risk

fixed mah grammar

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I knew there must be a good biological reason for it

Last time I believe my elders about anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am soooooooooo not going to get cancer. Matter of fact, I'm doing to do a little more prevention than usual.

Better safe than sorry, eh?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Looks I have been preventing cancer since I was 13...

flippin sweet

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by dk3000

prostate cancer so, unless you smoke those butts with your butt, you're still at risk

fixed mah grammar

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Crakeur]

Were it not for your heterosexual nature- and my revulsion of my appearance in a skirt and make up- I would share a donkey treat with you as we bask in the morning afterglow!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Coolness, I prevent so much cancer, that nobody within 10 feet of me will get it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I could have told you this. Because I both masturbate and do not have cancer. I also attribute my healthy nails, and glowing hair, to a good 'jerk b4 werk'

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why dont they teach these things in schools? Just imagine telling a class of middle school students that masturbation helps prevent cancer. Two months later half the school district will have carpal tunnel, lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why dont they teach these things in schools? Just imagine telling a class of middle school students that masturbation helps prevent cancer. Two months later half the school district will have carpal tunnel, lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This thread is comedy gold. I will be forwarding this article to my wife.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
These scientists are doing God's work, I tell ya.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
These scientists are doing God's work, I tell ya.

God must be grateful these guys would help for free

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

13 you say? hm, think I started down the cancer prevention path around about the end of 6th grade when these girls wanted to show me what french kissing was all about.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WalkOn

Not sure how french kissing correlates to masturbation, but I am sure I went to the wrong school for 6th grade..

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
flippin sweet

Ummm... one small problem, though. I have prostate cancer, and by all accounts, then, I oughtn't.

It's all about early detection, so what you really need is to have a trained professional stick his finger up yer caboose.

Oh, and a regular PSA test after 40, to be safe.

But by all means boys, keep at it, just in case, eh?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
flippin sweet

Ummm... one small problem, though. I have prostate cancer, and by all accounts, then, I oughtn't.

I am really sorry to hear that man. I hope we develope some means of a cure for you and the others

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join